Lvl 23 Formula gran turismo world championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter subzzzero
  • 20 comments
  • 11,502 views
Messages
2
What cars can you use for this championship?

Typical opponents only say 891 hp 550 kg formula gran turismo

I looked in the carlist and there is only 1 car called Formula Gran Turismo and its standard

Are there any more cars?
And how can you get that formula gran turismo car?
And are there any premium cars for that race?

Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The only other cars that I can think of that you might be able to race are the Ferrari F10, Ferrari F2007 and the X1 Prototype. If the Formula Gran Turismo championship in GT4 is anything to go by, you might be able to enter Le Mans Prototypes and stand a chance, but Polyphony may have moved to prevent this. However, the most fun to be had in this championship in GT4 was in racing a Formula GT car and tuning it to make the races challenging.

I don't really understand peoples' fixation with only driving Premium cars. Seriously, you're limiting yourself to just 200 cars for the entire game, and while the Standard cars may not be as detailed, there's still bound to be some quality cars out there.
 
Standard cars have no cockpit view, which essentially means they might as well not have been in the game (other than extra AI cars at least) for those of us who are extremely reluctant to use any of the other camera views.

I'm sure I'll buckle sooner or later though, as there certainly are plenty of standard cars I would love to drive.
 
I don't see what the big deal about cockpit view is. It just annoys me. I already have a steering wheel in my hand, why would I want to look at another guy's hands?

I just use the bumper cam constantly, I love that view.
 
Cockpit view is just what I've gotten used to in all the PC racing sims I've played over the years - and some console games.

I can live with bumper cam in pure arcade racers - hell, some are arguably even best suited for a 3rd person view - but I really don't like it in racing games that are full blown sims or just reasonably close. Bumper cam is just too close to the ground and too far from the proper seating position.
Hood cam is a reasonably acceptable compromise, but I believe that's not available for the standard cars in GT5?
I should probably go and actually try one of those standard things :).
 
I just use the bumper cam constantly, I love that view.
I prefer bonnet cam, where it's available. I need to see where I'm pointing the nose of the car. But if it's not available, I'll settle for bumper cam.
 
I would prefer the bonnet cam but I don't like the bar style tach. I need to be able to see out of the corner of my eye, so I like the circular one combined with the larger shift light.
 
It looks like I might end up using some standard cars after all. I just bought two cheap ones - an MX-5 and a Celica - to try them out, and the bumper cam view doesn't actually seem to be a bumper cam in the most literal sense, as it appears to be placed closer to proper eye height instead of just above the ground.
It also seems to be a little bit back from the invisible front, albeit perhaps not as far as I would have liked.

There's also a roof cam, but I didn't really care much for that, although it's certainly far better than the full behind the car camera.
 
Roof view is possible with standard cars. I also race in cockpit view for all PC sims (Iracing, GTR2, GTL, Rfactor) but in GT i find roof view to be the best compromise. This allows you to get used to one view that is consistent across all cars. Cockpit view in GT is a little strange for some reason :lol:
 
It looks like I might end up using some standard cars after all. I just bought two cheap ones - an MX-5 and a Celica - to try them out, and the bumper cam view doesn't actually seem to be a bumper cam in the most literal sense, as it appears to be placed closer to proper eye height instead of just above the ground.
It also seems to be a little bit back from the invisible front, albeit perhaps not as far as I would have liked.

There's also a roof cam, but I didn't really care much for that, although it's certainly far better than the full behind the car camera.

As an Iracing subscriber im well used to cockpit view but Ive been at GT5 since Monday and not touched a single premium car in career mode outside of the tests and challenges, and even in them after a quick look at the cockpit i switch to bumper cam whch as you mention is actually not at bumper height.
 
I don't see what the big deal about cockpit view is. It just annoys me. I already have a steering wheel in my hand, why would I want to look at another guy's hands?

I just use the bumper cam constantly, I love that view.
Me too

On top of that i can see ALOT more than the dwarf whos sitting in the cockpit.. He really has horrible view from there.
 
You can only use the Formula Gran Turismo for that race. The only way I know of getting the car is to buy it for 4.8M credits. That championship is a bitch. Only tried it for one lap, but I think it's gonna be too tough for me. Already finished the level 24 championship after it which was a cakewalk. Endurance races have been easy so far too.
 
You can only use the Formula Gran Turismo for that race. The only way I know of getting the car is to buy it for 4.8M credits. That championship is a bitch. Only tried it for one lap, but I think it's gonna be too tough for me. Already finished the level 24 championship after it which was a cakewalk. Endurance races have been easy so far too.


Meh that would sucks, i really prefer premium cars, i just need the emersion of a cockpit around me and the shaking of your head.
 
The only other cars that I can think of that you might be able to race are the Ferrari F10, Ferrari F2007 and the X1 Prototype. If the Formula Gran Turismo championship in GT4 is anything to go by, you might be able to enter Le Mans Prototypes and stand a chance, but Polyphony may have moved to prevent this. However, the most fun to be had in this championship in GT4 was in racing a Formula GT car and tuning it to make the races challenging.

I don't really understand peoples' fixation with only driving Premium cars. Seriously, you're limiting yourself to just 200 cars for the entire game, and while the Standard cars may not be as detailed, there's still bound to be some quality cars out there.

The Ferrari F'10 isn't allowed to race in anything other than one make races. You get a message when you try to take it to A-spec. I don't know about the F2007.
 
Cockpit view is just what I've gotten used to in all the PC racing sims I've played over the years - and some console games.
.

I've gotten used to cockpit view in real life too! :)
 
Apparently, the only car you can use is the Formula F1 car from GT4. Right...where do you get one of those? Oh, and the races are:

Fuji, Indy Infield, I forget the middle one, Monza rain and Sazuka rain...and they're ALL 20 laps.
 
Apparently, the only car you can use is the Formula F1 car from GT4. Right...where do you get one of those? Oh, and the races are:

Fuji, Indy Infield, I forget the middle one, Monza rain and Sazuka rain...and they're ALL 20 laps.

Middle one is the Nurburgring F1 track. Those rain icons don't guarantee rain; they're just there to state the weather will be random.
 
20 LAPS!

In the rain no less. Wow.
 
These cars were great in GT4 and I'm looking forward to them in GT5.

Goodness knows what B-Spec Bob will make of them though...
 
You can only use the Formula Gran Turismo for that race. The only way I know of getting the car is to buy it for 4.8M credits. That championship is a bitch. Only tried it for one lap, but I think it's gonna be too tough for me. Already finished the level 24 championship after it which was a cakewalk. Endurance races have been easy so far too.

Where did you buy it from? used car lot?
 
Back