Lynk & Co

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 49 comments
VXR
I like it. The front is giving me a strong Fiat Coupe vibe.

The overall shape and rear gives me a A3 vibe.

2017-Audi-A3-sedan-European-Spec-rear-three-quarter-01.jpg
I was at the show in Shanghai. As a guest of... well, have a guess. It looks a little awkward from some angles, but good from others. Quality of the brand's products looks and feels good though.

There are some smart people working for them though.

Incidentally, that sleek-looking concept isn't actually the "02". I've been told it doesn't actually have a name at the moment - it's just there for styling inspiration. That one looks absolutely stunning in the metal.

Think Lincoln is going to bother with a lawsuit alleging that Lynk & Co's name sounds exactly like Lincoln Company when you say it? Somehow I doubt that's a coincidence.

Think Lincoln is going to bother with a lawsuit alleging that Lynk & Co's name sounds exactly like Lincoln Company when you say it? Somehow I doubt that's a coincidence.
:lol: okaaayyyy... Why don't Lincoln concentrate on their own line up. If Lincoln are that worried, they should make sure noone can use "Mark I" thru infinity.

:lol: okaaayyyy... Why don't Lincoln concentrate on their own line up. If Lincoln are that worried, they should make sure noone can use "Mark I" thru infinity.
A lot of companies sue over a lot of dumb things these days.

A lot of companies sue over a lot of dumb things these days.
Like Apple suing Samsung over copyright infringement because, I'm not kidding, they tried to copyright a "rectangle with curves" (cell phone) as their property.

Lynk&Co are teaming up with Cyan Racing, formerly the Polestar team but they're now the official Geely Motorsports team, to race in 2019

I'm kind of surprised Ford hasn't sued them yet since "Lynk & Co." and "Lincoln Co." or "Lincoln Company" sound exactly the same. Guarantee there will be more than a few people who get the names confused. Seems like decent grounds to sue based on the similarity of the names, and I guarantee the Chinese did it on purpose for more brand awareness.

I'm kind of surprised Ford hasn't sued them yet since "Lynk & Co." and "Lincoln Co." or "Lincoln Company" sound exactly the same. Guarantee there will be more than a few people who get the names confused. Seems like decent grounds to sue based on the similarity of the names, and I guarantee the Chinese did it on purpose for more brand awareness.
Was talked about a year ago. I don't think there's quite enough grounds if nothing's been done by now.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/lincoln-motor-co-doesnt-like-the-sound-of-lynk-co
“Lincoln.” “Lynk & Co.” Say them out loud, and there is a similarity there that’s sort of harmonic. At least, there’s enough to bother Ford, according to a report in Automotive News, which said that Lincoln plans to take legal action with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to block use of the Lynk & Co name in the United States.

Power
528hp at 7800 rpm
504Nm at 4500-7000 rpm
Max 8000 rpm

Transmission
Front-wheel drive
6-speed sequential gearbox
Steering wheel paddle shifts
60 ms shift time
Multi-plate limited slip differential

Performance
0-100 km/h in 4,4 sec
0-200 km/h in 10 sec
100-0 km/h in 30 meters
Top speed of 310 km/h
Max sideway g-force of 1,5G

Wheels
20" bespoke Cyan wheels
285/30R20 front and rear

Suspension
Öhlins adjustable dampers

Brakes
Dual circuit hydraulic system
6-piston calipers with 378 mm ventilated discs front
2-piston calipers with 290 mm ventilated discs rear

Weight
1287 kg

Last edited:
Cyan Racing is the motorsport division of what used to be Polestar, .........

Used to be? Polestar still is. Or do I misinterpret the sentence?

Cyan Racing is the motorsport division of what used to be Polestar, .........

Used to be? Polestar still is. Or do I misinterpret the sentence?

Cyan Racing used to Flash Engineering, but in 2005 it was bought and became Polestar. Volvo bought the brand Polestar in 2015 along with its Polestar Performance division. As a result, Polestar Racing became Cyan Racing. Now it's the motorsports partner for Geely, while Polestar is making electric cars and tuning Volvos.

Lynk&Co plans to enter the US with a new EV, replacing the current Lynk&Co 01 sold elsewhere. The new car will be built on the same platform as the new Smart #1, Zeekr 001, and the future Volvo EX30. Lynk&Co plans to continue using the subscription model, which they also used in Europe

Lynk & CO will use its upcoming full-electric car to enter the U.S. market, the brand’s boss Alain Visser said.

The EV will replace the 01 plug-in hybrid compact SUV.

The model, due go on sale in 2024, is being designed to be adapted for U.S. regulations, Visser said.

“There is still some work to be done but [U.S. entry] is definitely very high on my agenda and I am sure it will work here,” Visser said.

For U.S. sales, Lynk & CO will use the same subscriptions strategy it has used to achieve sales of about 28,000 cars in Europe last year.

‘Insanely complicated’
The brand would need to work out how to navigate U.S. selling laws for its business model, which assumes most customers conduct transactions online. Lynk & CO remains the owner of the vehicle throughout the subscription.

Visser said the U.S. franchise laws are “insanely complicated.”

He was speaking at the 2023 CES in Las Vegas on the sidelines of a Microsoft event about Lynk & CO’s adaptation of the Teams video conferencing software in the 01 car.

Lynk & CO’s 01 replacement would require some rework for homologation for the U.S., meaning a market entry would follow after 2024, Visser said.

The car is due to go on sale in Europe late 2024.

The EV will use the same Geely-developed SEA (Sustainable Experience Architecture) platform as the Smart #1 compact SUV. The Smart model has just launched in Europe but will not be sold in the U.S.

Previously wholly owned by Mercedes-Benz, Smart is now an electric-only joint venture between Geely and Mercedes.

The platform is also used by the 001 electric car from Geely’s new brand Zeekr and is expected to underpin smaller models launched by Geely-owned Volvo including a small electric SUV expected to be sold as the EX30.

Back