Mad Catz Universal racing wheel (for drift) = POS!

• Thread starter awdrifter2
  • 13 comments

awdrifter2

(Banned)
I just bought a Mad Catz universal racing wheel and try to drift with it, man it's the biggest pos I've ever bought (for $50). 👎 :grumpy: I can't even drive with it let alone race/drift. I tried adjusting the dead zone and max steering angle, nothing helps. And the brakes and gas is so damn sensitive, I can't modulate the throttle at all, it's like an on/off switch. :nervous: The reasons I want a racing wheel is to be able to better control my counter-steering and throttle, this POS does neither. I drift worse on this than on my DS2. :nervous: Good thing I bought it at Wal-Mart so returning it is ez. Anyone knows a good wheel that's under $50. I can't afford the DFP. Thanks.

Edit: Will this NASCAR wheel work for GT4? It's around $50, and it looks ok.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat08195&id=1087342444611

I just did 75 laps in Tsukuba with a Cappuccino. I can kinda race with it now. But I still can't drift with the wheel. Any suggestions/tips on how to drift with a wheel? Thanks.

awdrifter2
I just did 75 laps in Tsukuba with a Cappuccino. I can kinda race with it now. But I still can't drift with the wheel. Any suggestions/tips on how to drift with a wheel? Thanks.

Just keep on practicing or return it is all you can do. I know the wheel that came before the DFP wasn't as expensive and is probablly of better quality.

Have you ever driven using a wheel? It's maybe because you haven't adapted to it.

Or if your stubborn, go buy a Driving Force.

awdrifter2
I just bought a Mad Catz universal racing wheel and try to drift with it, man it's the biggest pos I've ever bought (for $50). 👎 :grumpy: I can't even drive with it let alone race/drift. I tried adjusting the dead zone and max steering angle, nothing helps. And the brakes and gas is so damn sensitive, I can't modulate the throttle at all, it's like an on/off switch. :nervous: The reasons I want a racing wheel is to be able to better control my counter-steering and throttle, this POS does neither. I drift worse on this than on my DS2. :nervous: Good thing I bought it at Wal-Mart so returning it is ez. Anyone knows a good wheel that's under $50. I can't afford the DFP. Thanks.

Edit: Will this NASCAR wheel work for GT4? It's around $50, and it looks ok.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat08195&id=1087342444611

Sorry to hear that:indiff: The only thing you can do now is returning the wheel, I guess. When I first bought a wheel, I had this same problem, it was a very cheap wheel (50,- but it didn't look like a DF or something) the gas pedal was also an on and off switch like you said. It's just that quality increases when the prizes do:indiff:

But I would recommend a DF now:tup:

Anyone know if that NASCAR wheel will work better (better gas pedal modulation, better steering, etc) I can kind of race with this wheel now, but I can't drift for **** with this. The main reason I got the wheel is to drift. How much is the driving force (non-pro) wheel? Thanks.

I think it's about 80 US, I'm not too sure, because I'm Australian.

I got mine with Gt4, equating to about 180 AUS.

That's a little expensive. I might have to wait then. I can't drift with this wheel. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet. But the steering is just feels so fake. Thanks for the reply.

go to best buy and get the other driving force they sell not the pro. It does not have a shift stick but i Think it may have a tiptronic paddle shift setup on the backside of the wheel. I know the dfp has both. I think it was around 70-80 dollars might of been cheaper. I really suggest just waiting and saving up for the top of the line. quit buying crap cuz crap is only worth what you pay.

honestly bud. I would say take back the mad catz junk, save up and get at least a DF. No other wheel is going to do GT4 justice. So don't even waste all your time and effort with it. You can get a DFP on Buy.com Here for about 110$ new. So that's what I would save up for if I had a choice. :cool:

🤬 I bought my mother 🤬 wheel for $170! But I had bought my DFP months before the Original release date for GT4 in like 1991... hehe. But now I am happy i have it just not happy I paid that price for it. I also say return the POS nascar wheel and save another 40-60 bucks for the real deal you'll be much more happy

Edit: Ill sell you my other Talon Seat! I think you said something about it before hahaha.

antisport.net
🤬 I bought my mother 🤬 wheel for $170! But I had bought my DFP months before the Original release date for GT4 in like 1991... hehe. But now I am happy i have it just not happy I paid that price for it. I also say return the POS nascar wheel and save another 40-60 bucks for the real deal you'll be much more happy

Edit: Ill sell you my other Talon Seat! I think you said something about it before hahaha.

You bought a wheel for your MOM???!!:irked:

Wow fill the [censored] thing in with a 4 letter word that rhymes with luck and just pretend it started with the letter between E and G got it...

Back