Made a video how to compare two laps in order to get faster

• Thread starter Barareklam
  • 8 comments
Sweden
Sweden, Gothenburg
Highlanderlast
I got so much help from this forum and got faster in Gran Turismo so I am very grateful for it and I thought to help others get faster in Gran Turismo by sharing one technique how I have done it. It is basically just a lap replay comparison in a video editor. Maybe some of us can find it easier than to compare telemetry data on some graph?

I made a video that teach technique how to compare two lap replays in video editing app on mobile phone, in order to compare two laps and learn where and how to get faster.

First of all, I am not a “youtuber” but I did my best to make video as professional and educational as I could do with my current knowledge 😊 Video is targeting bronze and silver audience in order to help you guys get silver and gold medals.

Video comparison is made on current Time Trial on RB with Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.

So, this is what I have done. I have android phone and I have downloaded first PS app in order to be able to download lap replays to my phone.

Next thing I have installed an app named CapCut which is also free to download, you can use any you like if you want, I am just showing how to edit video on this app.

Basically you add two lap replays to video editing app, you align both cars to very same position on the track, just before every turn so you can scroll through the videos and study when fastest car is braking, how much, when he is releasing brake, which gear, when he is accelerating and compare it to how we are doing it in videos, and learn from him and try to replicate his moves in our next attempts. You scroll fast forward to next turn, faster car will now be ahead of us, we cut videos in order to align both cars again on same position on track so we can study in detail, brake, gears, accelerator and so on, so we repeat it for full lap and that is it. I export video and sometimes watch in in slow motion, example in video apps you can choose speed of playback, so I can have enough time to watch both at same time, or just pause video and watch it frame by frame, or call it meter by meter on the track 😊

I do not have ambitions to become someone on youtube, so I am not asking for likes or subscribers. I am just doing it for fun and to help you ninjas get faster. If I see that for some reason you guys press likes and subscribes maybe I can make more videos and show other things I might find interesting to share the knowledge for others.

I got so much help from this forum and got faster in Gran Turismo so I am very grateful for it and I thought to help others get faster in Gran Turismo by sharing one technique how I have done it. It is basically just a lap replay comparison in a video editor. Maybe some of us can find it easier than to compare telemetry data on some graph?

I made a video that teach technique how to compare two lap replays in video editing app on mobile phone, in order to compare two laps and learn where and how to get faster.

First of all, I am not a “youtuber” but I did my best to make video as professional and educational as I could do with my current knowledge 😊 Video is targeting bronze and silver audience in order to help you guys get silver and gold medals.

Video comparison is made on current Time Trial on RB with Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.

So, this is what I have done. I have android phone and I have downloaded first PS app in order to be able to download lap replays to my phone.

Next thing I have installed an app named CapCut which is also free to download, you can use any you like if you want, I am just showing how to edit video on this app.

Basically you add two lap replays to video editing app, you align both cars to very same position on the track, just before every turn so you can scroll through the videos and study when fastest car is braking, how much, when he is releasing brake, which gear, when he is accelerating and compare it to how we are doing it in videos, and learn from him and try to replicate his moves in our next attempts. You scroll fast forward to next turn, faster car will now be ahead of us, we cut videos in order to align both cars again on same position on track so we can study in detail, brake, gears, accelerator and so on, so we repeat it for full lap and that is it. I export video and sometimes watch in in slow motion, example in video apps you can choose speed of playback, so I can have enough time to watch both at same time, or just pause video and watch it frame by frame, or call it meter by meter on the track 😊

I do not have ambitions to become someone on youtube, so I am not asking for likes or subscribers. I am just doing it for fun and to help you ninjas get faster. If I see that for some reason you guys press likes and subscribes maybe I can make more videos and show other things I might find interesting to share the knowledge for others.

Wow! I am very impressed that you have put that much effort and love into this just to help people like me to improve. Right now I am unsure whether I will try this but I want to thank very much for your support!

I am kind of lazy and playing a video game (that's what I do in the end) shouldn't become work. At the same time I enjoy the TT-community of GTPlanet a lot and like the ribbing with french and greek drivers... Maybe I will compare some laps and get one step closer towards your speed... Tack sa mycket!

That's a fantastic way to compare and prob get faster for a lot of people if they implement this mate,
Thanks for the time and efford to share this with all of us :bowdown: :bowdown:

The bad news for me from this video is the fact that besides the eyes in the mirror i now also have a voice with it that screams "get out of the way Jomar"!! in that scandinavian accent :lol:

I've found video comparison super helpful for gaming too. Sometimes, tweaking those little details makes all the difference. For editing, I stumbled upon this great resource at https://www.movavi.com/ that offers easy-to-use software which might be a fantastic tool for gamers looking to edit and compare gameplay. It's user-friendly and could be a great alternative or addition to your setup.

Last edited:
Back