Maggiore Group 3 race, need help

United States
United States
What car and tuning did ya'll use to beat this? It's my last World Circuits event and I have silver.
This thing stretches the limits of reality. In real life I smoke Beetles in my Ford truck. Shockingly when I ran a Ford GT (read: puts my truck to shame), that group 3 Beetle flat embarrassed it. I switched to the Beetle and got destroyed by a Ford GT.
I came close with the RX-Vision til an AI spun me on the last lap.
This is a two chili race. I spent yesterday evening decimating five chili races.
Money isn't an issue.
If I could, I'd like to get your setups. Car, tuning, assists, etc. would help.
Perhaps I can win with one of your setups.

Is this the Gr.3 cup one? If so, I used the older AMG Gr.3 with SH tyres. I put a turbo on it (Medium I think!) and power restrictor to reduce the pp to below the limit. Won by a fair margin (~10s)

That's one of the few GM cars I haven't bought yet. Time to go shopping.
I have skipped quite a few things from Hagerty, the AMG among them. I have the Pennzoil Skyline which I've run I'm several GT games and the Castrol Tom's Supra that I've rarely ever used.

That's one of the few GM cars I haven't bought yet. Time to go shopping.
I have skipped quite a few things from Hagerty, the AMG among them. I have the Pennzoil Skyline which I've run I'm several GT games and the Castrol Tom's Supra that I've rarely ever used.
You can win the C7R by completing the Rolling Stones set of missions with Golds.

You can win the C7R by completing the Rolling Stones set of missions with Golds.
I bought the Corvette and parked it, meaning to get to the Maggiore race. I ran one of the grind races and then went back to Maggiore with the Pennzoil Skyline and the RX-Vision Stealth. No dice, so I looked at all my group 3 cars and thought besides the Corvette, the Ford GT Test Car had the best chance of winning.
I was right. I kept tweaking the gear ratio lower and lower and ran RH tires. I also raised the ride height so I could put the PP into engine power. I ran the medium supercharger.
Auto Drive was absolutely killing me in this race. It tried to kill Bathurst 20 minutes and High Speed Ring 30 minutes, so I turned it off on those, then in Maggiore and found I knew the track pretty well. There's a corner that can be cut to help build up massive speed for the back straight.
I started pulling away from the pack without nitrous, but then used it for the final three laps.
In hindsight I should have used the '78 Trans Am because the AI was in hot pursuit like I was the Bandit. Once finished I had to go #1 real bad and thought if I had a revolver with me I could save weight by taking all the bullets out of it.
That race was a scumbum!

Last edited:
Back