Main Menu Freeze

United States
Lancaster, PA
Satomiblood
For the past week, the game has been temporarily freezing at the main menu screen for about 30 seconds. This happens each time I start the game. It eventually unfreezes, but I’m not sure what’s causing it. There seems to be an online save happening during that time. The game goes back to normal after that. Has anyone else experienced this?

This has been something I have noticed since GTS has been out. My guess is that two things are effecting this. One is server maintenance and second clear your temp files on GTS.

I had this quite often almost daily a week ago. It happened everytime i booted up my Ps4 and started GTS. Exactly the same way like you described it. Now it suddenly disappeared since 2 days.

How do I go about clearing those temp files? I’m reading conflicting tips online.

Last edited:
My suggestion is do do this.

Start GT.
In GT's main menu under Global Options (cog symbol) go to "Network".
Delete the temp. data. (This clears GT cached files.)

Close GT and fully turn off the PS4. (ie. not sleep mode)
After it shuts down, power cycle the console. (Unplug from the power source, wait 5 minutes, then reconnect power, but don't turn the console on)

Then boot up the PS4 in SafeMode.
Use Option 5 "Rebuild Database".
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

That's the best I've got regarding clearing caches and helping with intermittent game freezes. 👍

Last edited:
My suggestion is do do this.

Start GT.
In GT's main menu under Global Options (cog symbol) go to "Network".
Delete the temp. data. (This clears GT cached files.)

Close GT and fully turn off the PS4. (ie. not sleep mode)
After it shuts down, power cycle the console. (Unplug from the power source, wait 5 minutes, then reconnect power, but don't turn the console on)

Then boot up the PS4 in SafeMode.
Use Option 5 "Rebuild Database".
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

That's the best I've got regarding clearing caches and helping with intermittent game freezes. 👍

Thanks. It worked. I’m just wondering if this is something I’ll have to do every few months or if clearing the cache in the game itself will suffice.

Thanks. It worked. I’m just wondering if this is something I’ll have to do every few months or if clearing the cache in the game itself will suffice.
Nice one. 👍

Clearing the GT temp. files is obviously very easy and fast, so I'm doing it all the time.
At the end of each session, before joining lobbies, etc.

The Rebuild Database function has mixed results.
Some find it works well for them and their issues stay away for long periods of time, others find they are back where they started 48 hours later.
I think it's down to the individual HDDs of each console, and the amount of data they are holding.

If nothing else it was good timing.
Tidying up the HDD before downloading an update can have its benefits. 👍

Back