Hi, I hope somebody can help me because I am rapidly losing patience with the latest version of my favourite game ever. I have bought and thoroughly enjoyed all of the GT games, but am surprised by the problems I seem to be having with GT4.
I am running the UK version released on March 11th.
Firstly, on several of the cars, the engine note has an irritating 'flutter' effect. Examples are the Ford GT and Mercedes CLK GTR/1 98 Race Car and NSX Race cars, which sound awful to me. Once up into 3rd gear, the tone takes on a well pronounced 'wobble' at quite a high frequency(sounds like cat in a spin dryer). My PS2 is plugged into my HiFi via phono leads. I had the same problem with the McLaren F1 in GT4 Prologue(thought it was a bug and would be fixed fot GT4). GT3 does not do this. Is it a bug?? or is it just me. Somebody please advise.
Second problem. My overall impression of the game is very good, but I am concerned about the handling physics, particularly the ASM control. I didn't play with this very much in GT3 but in GT4 I am amazed at the profoundness of its effect. In the text explanation of its function, it claims that it applies braking to individual wheels, in order to stabilise the car. What it doesn't say is that it also applies throttle mid-corner to stop the car stepping out of shape. It does this quite dramatically, regardless of whether the effect will send you into the scenery. So, the obvious thing therefore is to turn it off, but then the car becomes almost undrivable and spins under braking on regular occasion. It would be fair to say that this is a logical result and that I will simply have to learn to drive better, but I have just done a back to back to test around a constant radius corner and found that, not only does the car behave very aggressively but you also actually have a lower level of grip at both ends. As soon as the ASM is turned back on, even just at level 1, the automatic application of throttle immediately returns and you are back to square one. - in the dirt.
The upshot of this is that I cannot find a happy medium that feels realistic to me.
I should also state before my driving is attacked, that I am a well seasoned player who has some very good GT3 times to his name (59 sec lap, Rome, F1 car with DS2). I also compete regularly in real motor racing events in single seaters, sports cars and karts.I'm not trying to brag here, just believe me when I say that I am a competant player.
If anyone can point me in the direction of some feature or other that I have simply overlooked, then I would be very grateful. I looked forward to the release of this game with great anticipation of driving both Nordschleife and Le Mans which are beautifully represented, I am growing increasingly disappointed however with problems that seem to me to be MAJOR 'bugs'. Plain and simple. If this is the case, I am amazed no-one else has picked them up, or have they? Please let me know. Thanks!
I am running the UK version released on March 11th.
Firstly, on several of the cars, the engine note has an irritating 'flutter' effect. Examples are the Ford GT and Mercedes CLK GTR/1 98 Race Car and NSX Race cars, which sound awful to me. Once up into 3rd gear, the tone takes on a well pronounced 'wobble' at quite a high frequency(sounds like cat in a spin dryer). My PS2 is plugged into my HiFi via phono leads. I had the same problem with the McLaren F1 in GT4 Prologue(thought it was a bug and would be fixed fot GT4). GT3 does not do this. Is it a bug?? or is it just me. Somebody please advise.
Second problem. My overall impression of the game is very good, but I am concerned about the handling physics, particularly the ASM control. I didn't play with this very much in GT3 but in GT4 I am amazed at the profoundness of its effect. In the text explanation of its function, it claims that it applies braking to individual wheels, in order to stabilise the car. What it doesn't say is that it also applies throttle mid-corner to stop the car stepping out of shape. It does this quite dramatically, regardless of whether the effect will send you into the scenery. So, the obvious thing therefore is to turn it off, but then the car becomes almost undrivable and spins under braking on regular occasion. It would be fair to say that this is a logical result and that I will simply have to learn to drive better, but I have just done a back to back to test around a constant radius corner and found that, not only does the car behave very aggressively but you also actually have a lower level of grip at both ends. As soon as the ASM is turned back on, even just at level 1, the automatic application of throttle immediately returns and you are back to square one. - in the dirt.
The upshot of this is that I cannot find a happy medium that feels realistic to me.
I should also state before my driving is attacked, that I am a well seasoned player who has some very good GT3 times to his name (59 sec lap, Rome, F1 car with DS2). I also compete regularly in real motor racing events in single seaters, sports cars and karts.I'm not trying to brag here, just believe me when I say that I am a competant player.
If anyone can point me in the direction of some feature or other that I have simply overlooked, then I would be very grateful. I looked forward to the release of this game with great anticipation of driving both Nordschleife and Le Mans which are beautifully represented, I am growing increasingly disappointed however with problems that seem to me to be MAJOR 'bugs'. Plain and simple. If this is the case, I am amazed no-one else has picked them up, or have they? Please let me know. Thanks!