Major Leader Board sorting error *Problem solved*

• Thread starter Jay
  • 19 comments

Jay

  
Premium
Australia
Australia
VIPERGTS01
At some point a few hours after the we were playing the Japanese GT Academy demo the leader boards got sorted out in country order, both in game and on the official website ranking lists.

However for some unknown reason some of us (including myself) had our times wiped (I was within the top 10 worldwide at the time) and when we resubmit new times to be ranked we are not placed in our country order. In our case we are placed in some generic open world leaderboard and connot compete or view our times with the rest of the players world wide.

Here is a picture I have taken 5 minutes ago of the current leaderboard from my game:

4192064337_02db9ff165_o.jpg

Sorry for the poor camera phone quality but as you can see the times are not good enough to be actually world no.1. I haven't bothered putting any effort into making good times since I think there is no point unless this is fixed.

I know a couple other GTPers have reported the same problem. I have left a message in both the SCEA and SCEE blogs to highlight it.

*Edit* Region version missmatch, using Japanese version in a non japanese account puts you into a general leaderboard, please download the correct region demo for correct leaderboards. Thanks guys for the help.

Last edited:
Could it be because we downloaded the jpn version before our country's was availabe to download?

Yeah I was thinking that and am hoping it will be fixed when the PAL store is updated, but it is odd that it didn't happen for everyone then.

I would also love to know whats cooking because via the leaderboard on my PS3 I am lying 2nd overall, but when I look at the times being mentioned in the Forums and the leader boards on g-t.com I am no where near the top.

I wonder if an imminent update is coming so that the leader board can function correctly?

Perhaps the problem is that because you were using the Japanese demo, despite the fact that you're not from Japan, the software "assumed" you reside in a country where the PSN is not officially supported and put you in this leaderboard for people in countries which don't officially support the PSN.

Oh, I see the PAL version is available

Downloading now and I will report back.

*EDIT* I also notice the PAL demo is a little larger than the Japanese one..

Guess i'll have to wait till it's released on the US PSN store. No biggie if they delete my times again, i'm hoing to do better anyways. :)

I would also love to know whats cooking because via the leaderboard on my PS3 I am lying 2nd overall, but when I look at the times being mentioned in the Forums and the leader boards on g-t.com I am no where near the top.

I wonder if an imminent update is coming so that the leader board can function correctly?

Well normally it is sorted in country order, so you might just be the second fastest in South Africa right now. :)

People with this issue should be noting:

What country they are in
What PSN region they downloaded the demo
What PSN region their PSN account was created in

With that data we could figure out what is happening.

Jay
*EDIT* I also notice the PAL demo is a little larger than the Japanese one..

I guess that our version is the same as the European one which must include multiple language support which would add to the file size.

It shows my time faster than those in Europe as well. But even so, now that it places me as '1st' its definitely not looking at regions because a Japanese driver is 2nd and a Spanish driver is 3rd. However my times are still not close to what is 'good'.

In terms of Game Spec:

Im in South Africa
Im guessing I downloaded it from the UK PSN Region
The account was created as South African

Download size was 211MB

I had the same problem. It looks like the JPN and EU versions are incompatible. If you're playing the JPN version, you get directed to the JPN only leaderboard if you've got a JPN account, otherwise you get pointed to the "other" leaderboard. If you use an EU version, it seems to autodetect which country you're in and only give you results for that country. If I log in as my NZ account, I can only see NZ people (and Kaz and Lucas). Ditto for Australia.

I don't know if the US is separate or not, someone else can confirm that.

Ok, now I have the PAL version of the demo everything is fixed as we suspected, exactly as Imari mentioned.

So atleast this thread should help anyone else confused with the wrong region version, thanks for the help guys 👍

It shows my time faster than those in Europe as well. But even so, now that it places me as '1st' its definitely not looking at regions because a Japanese driver is 2nd and a Spanish driver is 3rd. However my times are still not close to what is 'good'.

The Japanese and Spanish players are normal for all regions because thats the Kazunori Yamauchi (Jpn) and Lucas Ordonez (spain) the last years GT Academy winner, they're there for reference. :)

Jay my leaderboard doesn't just show those two international players, the entire leaderboard is international. I am the only SA'n in the top 20 for the leaderboard I see.

It's such a pity that they don't all link up :( I would love to see YAM's time and even get the chance to compete against the other Japanese drivers.

Well you must have downloaded the wrong version, the PAL verision (which I assume South Africa is?) is 219mb.

Yeah when the full board was united YAM already had a great time set straight away.

So I logged on this morning and I am not anywhere on the leaderboards anymore. I'm assuming once I download the US version of the demo that my times will show up?

Am I understanding this correctly?

So I logged on this morning and I am not anywhere on the leaderboards anymore. I'm assuming once I download the US version of the demo that my times will show up?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Nope, once you get the US version you will have to start from scratch, no previous times. Thats where I am now, havent officially set anything yet.

wow, it's me on 4th place on overall ranking lol
at this mornig I was in 3th place, finally with Brazillian flag...
thx Kaz
Good Challenge fellows

Back