Major League Baseball: 2015-2016 Off-Season and Spring Training

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 49 comments
Double post but necessary.

Your 2016 MLB Hall Of Fame Nominations are.....

With 99.32% of the votes (all time record), OF Ken Griffey Jr. Griffey hit 630 HR in 22 seasons (1989-2010) with the Mariners, Reds and White Sox. If it weren't for injuries, he would have possibly made it up to Aaron. The Kid makes the hall in his first year eligible.

With 83% of the votes, C Mike Piazza. Piazza hit 427 HR in his 16 seasons with the Dodgers, Marlins, Mets, Padres and Athletics (1992-2007). He has the most HR all-time for a catcher and made the hall on his 4th try.

I thought for sure Bagwell would have been in this year. Congrats to Griffey and Piazza. Both well deserved.

Ken
I thought for sure Bagwell would have been in this year. Congrats to Griffey and Piazza. Both well deserved.
I'm thrilled for Piazza. Griffey was a shoo in. I actually saw Piazza on the mound throwing out the first pitch at the last Yankees-Mets game this year. Looked like he could still play.

Justin Upton to Detroit. The Angels and Cespy are the perfect match now. PLEASE Arte!!!
I'm waiting for the Mets to realize that they can easily placate their fans by signing Cespedes. Of course this is the Mets so I'm asking for too much.

Aroldis Chapman has been vindicated- no charges against him for the different allegations against him. So the former Reds pitcher is clean.

New York Mets have signed Yoenis Cespedes to a 3 year $75 million deal with opt-out after year 1.

Yoenis Cespedes could basically play for anybody- even my Astros. Surely the news of Y. Cespedes to the Mets would make Adam Schein of "Time to Schein" happy, as he talked about how the Mets would be a good fit for Cespedes.

Do you see the Mets returning to the World Series this season, if not some time within the next 3-5 seasons, Blitz24? Or do they maybe need a few more players to return to and maybe win it all?

Yoenis Cespedes could basically play for anybody- even my Astros. Surely the news of Y. Cespedes to the Mets would make Adam Schein of "Time to Schein" happy, as he talked about how the Mets would be a good fit for Cespedes.

Do you see the Mets returning to the World Series this season, if not some time within the next 3-5 seasons, Blitz24? Or do they maybe need a few more players to return to and maybe win it all?
They don't need much to return to the Series. They are one of the best teams on paper in the NL along with Chicago.

And Jenrry Mejia, currently suspended for 1 year for taking a banned substance, manages to fail a drug test a THIRD time. He's permanently banned.

Jenrry Mejía tested positive for another banned substance. As a result of this and since it is his third violation, he is permanently suspended. So I'm sure the Mets will need to find somebody to replace Mejía.

("Tree'd" by Blitz24)

Jenrry Mejía tested positive for another banned substance. As a result of this and since it is his third violation, he is permanently suspended. So I'm sure the Mets will need to find somebody to replace Mejía.

("Tree'd" by Blitz24)
He was already suspended until July, so it's not like he was going to be anything but a low key bullpen player.

Oh yeah! Pitchers & catchers have reported for spring training...
Hope lives again! Actually looking to see if the Royals can make it back to the series again. That window doesn't stay open for a team very long, best make hay while the sun shines. 2017 most of the core players become free agents...

Aroldis Chapman has been suspended for 30 games and he will not appeal.

Fine for the Reds as he wouldn't have been closing very much on the team this year anyway with the current rebuild. I don't foresee many chances for a save situation around these parts. I think the Yanks will be fine without him for the time being themselves. Don't they have something like 3 potential closers anyway?

mcVRwAk.jpg

Fine for the Reds as he wouldn't have been closing very much on the team this year anyway with the current rebuild. I don't foresee many chances for a save situation around these parts. I think the Yanks will be fine without him for the time being themselves. Don't they have something like 3 potential closers anyway?
They do indeed. However, this one hurts a lot in terms of what would happen. Had the suspension been for 45 games, the Yankees would have benefitted as he would not reach free agency at end of this year. It was enough to hurt and not enough to help.

Back