Make the game available on PSN to buy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leethawk
  • 21 comments
  • 1,547 views
Messages
24
Messages
Leethawk
Hi,

I hope this hasn't been talked about too much. I haven't been able to find any posts on it. Has there been any news about the possibility of making GT5 available on PSN?

I bought the disc in November and my PS3 quit playing it in January. I can get older discs to play but not new ones like Dragon Age 2 and GT5. If I could just download it I'd buy it all over again because that beats buying a new PS3 simply because the BluRay player is being a pain.

I wonder if anybody else has had this problem. Is it an issue with the PS3 firmware? Is there any way for me to play this game other than buying a new system?
 
Sometimes free your console from all the dust and it thanks you a lot. Mine´s a 40GB fat momma and running often for a couple of days at once. Still no problems.
 
I got the first version of the PS3... the 60GB with the chip that allows PS1 and PS2 discs to be played. Got it on the very first day it came out... still working. I'm using it as a media center, a game console (ps1, ps2, ps3) and as my primary DVD/bluRay player.

<3 Sony :D

But yeah, clean it, buy a lens cleaner (not a cheap one) and try it... maybe it'll solve your problem.
 
Thanks for the replies. I have cleaned out the dust but it didn't really help. I'm browsing around looking for BluRay cleaning discs now. Hopefully that will help.
 
Based on the install size, I think the game is likely too large for Sony to want to put it on the PSN.
 
I'm still waiting for GT and GT2 to become available on the PSN.
 
I'm still waiting for GT and GT2 to become available on the PSN.
💡

You do know that you can just put in the disc and play them on you ps3, right?

Even though it would be nice to have them added to the psn catalogue. 👍
 
💡

You do know that you can just put in the disc and play them on you ps3, right?

Even though it would be nice to have them added to the psn catalogue. 👍

Only the older PS3 consoles can do backwards compatibility... anyone with "newer" models is screwed :(
 
Based on the install size, I think the game is likely too large for Sony to want to put it on the PSN.

Well, 8GB install, plus some 12GB for running without the disc would be:
42 hours estimated download time + 6 hours install
 
Only the older PS3 consoles can do backwards compatibility... anyone with "newer" models is screwed :(
I'll bet you a gazillion dollars that the newer ps3 models are capable of playing ps1 games directly from the disc (or at least some of them). I did it a couple of days back on my 250 gb. I was quite surprised that it worked, in a pleasant way 👍
Try it for yourself if you have any old games laying around and are sceptic.


If only it was the same with ps2 games... :indiff:
 
Only the older PS3 consoles can do backwards compatibility... anyone with "newer" models is screwed :(

Almost certain that the new "slim" models can run PS1 games, just not PS2 games.

Well, 8GB install, plus some 12GB for running without the disc would be:
42 hours estimated download time + 6 hours install

Yep, that was my thinking.
 
Only the older PS3 consoles can do backwards compatibility... anyone with "newer" models is screwed :(

All PS3's can run PS1 games.

It is only PS2 games that are restrcited to the first 60 GB PS 3 Model.
 
All PS3's can run PS1 games.

It is only PS2 games that are restrcited to the first 60 GB PS 3 Model.

They are restricted to the first generation models. There was a 40GB, a 60GB and the last one to come out was an 80GB with Backwards compatibility.
 
I've got a 80GB, Fatty, I'll give a try to see if it runs the PS1 and PS2 games, then I'll post here the results.
 
Being that just the Install is 8 GB the actual game is probably even more than that, this game will not be sold on PSN in any forseeable future.
 
I've got a 80GB, Fatty, I'll give a try to see if it runs the PS1 and PS2 games, then I'll post here the results.
Same here I play ps1 and 2 on it all the time.

Its only the new ones that can't play ps2 games all ps3's can play ps1 games
 
I retired my 80gb last of the fatties ps3 from bluray and dvd player duty as now I have a 1.5tb external HD full of everything I want to watch I have about 30-40 bluray rips and 20 or so tv series seasons and keep adding more have only used 600gb so far :). I'm scared of my ps3 dying so I am very careful with it, it never moves from its spot or gets bumped and gets dusted regularly, also when I finish playing games I move the xmb over so its not in the games column (I don't know that this does anything but makes me feel my drive is not being used lol).

Broadband and big hard drives are the future!! oh wait thats now :p
 
When i ripped the disco to ISO it weighed in at 18-19GB, thats compressed too. Good look getting that on the psn store!
 
All PS3 systems can play PS1 games. And there is nearly zero chance of GT1 and/or GT2 (especially GT2) ever showing up on PSN.
 
Well, 8GB install, plus some 12GB for running without the disc would be:
42 hours estimated download time + 6 hours install

Imagine what that would cost if you don't have unlimited downloading!
 
Well, 8GB install, plus some 12GB for running without the disc would be:
42 hours estimated download time + 6 hours install

:boggled:

Is that how slow Sony's servers are?
 
I don't think it's completely insane that they could provide it as a download. I downloaded Mass Effect 2 and it didn't take very long. That game was 8 or 12 gigs and I downloaded it in around 4 hours or something. I don't remember how long it took, but I was surprised at how quickly it downloaded. Yeah, 20 gigs is very huge, but I'd go for it in a heartbeat.
 
Back