Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Yeah, you try hosting an event, making sure everybody knows what car they're in, and then gets in the right car, and stay on schedule without running the event over-time... And then tell me the math is simple. :P :lol:
(I've been there, done that. And even with 5 people shifting the assignments adds about 3 minutes of extra time between races. That's 3 minutes we could be racing and aren't, and 3 minutes tacked onto the length of the entire event.)

Just sayin'.
It's not easy to stay on schedule if too much time is spent figuring out car assignments between races. And the more people present, the more potential for error and confusion. :indiff:

Don't worry, i think i will be the slowest in this procedure, need to fetch that rusty old pocket calculator... oh no, batteries died... wait, how do i clear the screen, press 'C' or 'CE', wait..., so, it says new position is 3.14159, mmhh, need to round that... STOP THE RACE COUNTER!:dunce:

STOP THE RACE COUNTER!:dunce:

This is the worst fear of a host. :scared:
To have to stop a race about to start because something is wrong. :nervous: :ill:

Anyway, good to know one's limits, I say. 💡 👍

Remember when everyone else is jumping in their car to test drive their brake points on the track... I am stuck in the lobby screen checking cars. :indiff:
I'm not complaining... because this is the responsibility I have taken so we can do this! :)
But it also means that I have to know the point where I can handle something... and if it's too much, say "no, I can handle no more". :( Because to pretend I could handle more, would just make more pressure and therefore errors & time passing, and people would become irritated :grumpy: ... which would be worse.

This is the worst fear of a host. :scared:
To have to stop a race about to start because something is wrong. :nervous: :ill:

Anyway, good to know one's limits, I say. 💡 👍

Remember when everyone else is jumping in their car to test drive their brake points on the track... I am stuck in the lobby screen checking cars. :indiff:
I'm not complaining... because this is the responsibility I have taken so we can do this! :)
But it also means that I have to know the point where I can handle something... and if it's too much, say "no, I can handle no more". :( Because to pretend I could handle more, would just make more pressure and therefore errors & time passing, and people would become irritated :grumpy: ... which would be worse.

Hey, you're doing great as a host, and of course it's up to you, if you want to use such a shift-strategy or not. I know even I am a little impatient, if someone can't figure out the next car they are supposed to be in, and it must be quite annoying, if you're the one trying to sort it out.

I guess we could give it a try every once in a while though, if there's veterans only in the room who usually know their way around the car assignments. For them it should be a piece of cake to add a fixed number (that's why I proposed the "8" - can be any number of people smaller than that in the room) to their assignment.

Like I said though, it's totally up to you - I'm not going to push this issue. I was just trying to think of a way to get into the less used (and sometimes more enjoyable) cars that are further down on the lists. ;)

Yeah it does really depend on who's present, of course. And more people who are more familiar with the system after awhile... it's definitely easier.
But we're always hoping that newcomers will join us too... And it's absolutely understandable that this system is not immediately easy to understand until you have practice in the format. So I don't get too bothered by it when someone asks if they're in the right car, or if someone makes a mistake once in awhile. These things happen!
And actually, I build time into the event for just such things. (And also because I like to stretch between races, and sip coffee... and I can't do that while typing answers to questions in the text chat. :lol:)

So who's in tonight? ^^ :)

Thursday 12 February 2015
8:30pm US EST / 5:30pm US PST / (Friday 01:30 UTC / 1:30am GMT)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 16 -- Event 1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cars Needed: Hot Hatches, Legends, Luxury, Chevrolet SSR '03
Race #1: 14 laps @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (heavy damage) // Chevrolet SSR '03
Race #2: 4 laps @ Motegi East // Hot Hatches
Race #3: 3 laps @ Brands Hatch GP 80s // Legends
Race #4: 4 laps @ Red Bull Ring // Legends
Race #5: 3 laps @ Monza 80 // Luxury

Series 14 Event 2
Tuesday 10 February

Tokyo R246.jpg
Tokyo R246_1.jpg
Tokyo R246_2.jpg
Tokyo R246_3.jpg
Tokyo R246_4.jpg
Tokyo R246_5.jpg
Tokyo R246_6.jpg
Tokyo R246_7.jpg
Tokyo R246_9.jpg

ALERT LIST CHANGES

The following car lists have been updated.
(Post #1 has been updated.)

VINTAGE
  1. Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
  2. Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54B) '67
  3. Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
  4. Mini Marcos GT '70
  5. Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R '69
  6. Isuzu 117 Coupé '68
  7. Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63
  8. Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  9. Lotus Europa S.2 '68
  10. Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
  11. BMW 507 '57
  12. Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
  13. Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '74
  14. Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex (AE86) '83
  15. Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68
Comfort Soft Tires

There were cars cut... However, fear not, they will be included in NEW lists that will be arriving as soon as enough testing is completed. :)
The cars that have been ADDED:
Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R '69
Isuzu 117 Coupé '68
Lotus Europa S.2 '68
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex (AE86) '83

So remember to go shopping, and to GT Auto for an oil change. :)

90s SPORTS
  1. Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR (ST205) '98
  2. Nissan Silvia K's Aero (S14) '96
  3. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94
  4. Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Version S TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '98
  5. Audi S4 '98
  6. Acura NSX '91
  7. Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '98
  8. Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
  9. TVR V8S '91
  10. Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91
  11. Toyota SUPRA RZ '97
  12. Subaru IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
  13. Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II (R32) '94
  14. Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96
  15. Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98
Sports Hard Tires

2 cars have been added:
Nissan Silvia K's Aero (S14) '96
Audi S4 '98

The only car cut was the Toyota MR2 GT-S '97
But not to worry, another MR2 may be forthcoming in a different list that will be available soon. :)

Coming up!

Friday 13 February 2015

2:30pm US EST / 11:30am PST / 7:30pm GMT / 8:30pm CET / 19:30 UTC
Shuffle Mixer -- Track Day

Track is a surprise.
(ie: it will be decided when participants arrive - by popular demand - so think hard)
Then I will pick the 1-make car for Race #1
The rest of the car list picks will be as follows, in this order:
Race 2 - @Patrick8308
Race 3 - @snowgt
Race 4 - @LongbowX
Race 5 - @tarnheld

👍

(Those are based on winners from last week & week before.)

Really nice battles and close racing @ Apricot Hill.
Maybe wishful thinking, but i suspect the new lists played a part here. :) I really like the georgeous Isuzus. :drool:
Hey @nickg07, seems you have found a nice GT-S replacement -- the NSX! :bowdown:

Brands Hatch GP 80's was cool too, like Monza the 80's variant brings a different character with it. :D Too bad that PD didn't add those cool 80's curbs:
5890279881_b31b77fa87_b_d.jpg

Really nice roand close racing @ Apricot Hill.
Maybe wishful thinking, but i suspect the new lists played a part here. :) I really like the georgeous Isuzus. :drool:
Hey @nickg07, seems you have found a nice GT-S replacement -- the NSX! :bowdown:

Brands Hatch GP 80's was cool too, like Monza the 80's variant brings a different character with it. :D Too bad that PD didn't add those cool 80's curbs:
5890279881_b31b77fa87_b_d.jpg

Haha thanks but i think the NSX is faster than the MR2 and less easy to spin. Its that turbo power.

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer - Track Day - Apricot Hill
Friday 13 February 2015

1. LongbowX / LongbowX (29 pts)
  2. *tacom08 / tacom08 (25 pts)
  3. tarnheld / tarnheld (22 pts)
  4. nickg07 / Ballist1x (20 pts)
  5. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (19 pts)
  6. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (16 pts)
  7. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (15 pts)
  8. gkgamer / gkgamer (2 pts)

IMG_9968.jpg

IMG_9972.jpg

IMG_9978.jpg

IMG_9982.jpg

IMG_9985.jpg

NEW LIST

Retro
(ORDER PENDING FINAL TESTING)

• Honda Accord Coupe '88
  • Honda Civic 1500 3door 25i '83
  • Isuzu Piazza XE '81
  • Nissan Exa Canopy L.A. Version Type S '88
  • Honda Ballade Sports CR-X 1.5i '83
  • Honda City Turbo II '83
  • Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88
  • Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76
  • Alpine A310 1600VE '73
  • Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  • Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83
  • Toyota Corolla Levin GT-Apex (AE86) '83
  • Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000 GT-R (KPGC10) '70
  • Toyota Celica 2000GT-Four (ST165) '86
  • Ford Taurus SHO '98
  • Honda Prelude Type S '98
Comfort Soft Tires

Coming up TODAY

Sunday 15 February 2015
1:00pm US EST / 10:00am US PST / 6:00pm GMT / 7:00pm CET / 18:00 UTC
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 15 -- Event 2
Cars Needed: Low Power, Traffic, Legends, 90s
Race #1: 3 laps @ Madrid // Nissan PAO '89
Race #2: 3 laps @ Red Bull Ring Short Track // Low Power
Race #3: 2 laps @ Charmonix West // Traffic
Race #4: 4 laps @ Cape Ring Inside // Traffic
Race #5: 4 laps @ Deep Forest // Legends
Race #6: 11 laps @ Matterhorn Dristelen (heavy damage) // 90s

And in the interest of keeping things on track, and dealing with connection problems.
When you first join the room, get in the track for a vision check. If you're having invisible car problems, let the person know who you can't see, and then you can both exit & rejoin the room.
If after 2 exit & rejoins, the invisible problem isn't solved, I will then default to making another room with fixed host.
(I have so rarely (knock on wood lol), gotten DC'd, that I'm not very concerned about this... but fixed host room I consider to be a very last resort.)

Latest Posts

Back