Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Shuffle Mixer -- Series 16 -- Event 2
Tuesday 3 March 2015

Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04 @ Nürburgring 24hrs

Nürburgring 24h.jpg Nürburgring 24h_2.jpg Nürburgring 24h_3.jpg Nürburgring 24h_4.jpg Nürburgring 24h_5.jpg Nürburgring 24h_7.jpg Nürburgring 24h_8.jpg Nürburgring 24h_9.jpg Nürburgring 24h_10.jpg Nürburgring 24h_11.jpg Nürburgring 24h_12.jpg Nürburgring 24h_14.jpg Nürburgring 24h_15.jpg Nürburgring 24h_18.jpg Nürburgring 24h_19.jpg

ATTENTION:

It has come to my attention that some may not be 100% clear on track etiquette in a heavy damage race.
This is covered in the *more details* rules.
So I have added this to the prohibited list for additional attention:
  • failure to make a "pit with" concession after causing another car major damage in a heavy damage race

Essentially, in order to make a contact concession in a heavy damage race, sometimes you need to "pit with", because severe damage has occurred to the offended car.

In a race without heavy damage (damage that will go away shortly), all that is required is that you give the spot back, or do not pass, until through the next corner on the track.
This is also true if a contact concession is required in a heavy damage race, but little or no damage has been done.

In a heavy damage race, if you've caused a collision, and you have caused the other car noticeable damage, you should not pass until reaching the pit entrance - at which point, if the offended car makes a pit stop to repair damage, you follow that car into the pit too, (even if your car is not damaged, and even if you have already made the required pit stop).

Sometimes the offended car with damage will keep racing and not pit, because the damage is not severe. In that case, normal contact concession is appropriate.
You should be watching, after you've caused an accident, to see if the offended car has incurred severe damage.
This will be obvious if the accident was severe with hard contact between cars or walls.
Or if the offended car is unable to drive in a straight line, or moving much slower because of engine damage.

You MAY bump draft pushing the injured car in straights to push you both faster to get to the pit, if that's possible, safe, and makes sense in the situation/track.

In the case that you are the offended driver on the receiving end of heavy damage, and wish to retire from the race, you should pull completely off track and indicate clearly (via text chat when safe to do so) that you are retiring, to let the offender know you don't expect them to wait and pit with you.
(This is an acceptable exception to the rule against text chatting during races.)
It should be needless to say, the offender should not assume to continue racing without a clear indication from the offended party.

I hope this clears things up.
If you're unclear about any of this, feel free to send me a PM ask for help in clarification or help finding language translations.
👍

I think my change for the red works out nicely with the different colours we have amongst the regulars now. We have white, yellow, red, greenish black, green/red, ... The blue I had before was looking nice at the shop, but was a little underwhelming in the light of day. :lol:

Hey guys, I was quite busy this week but of course I'm always reading the threads and checking what's going on in the club.;)

RE: car colours

Actually I have my cars and rims painted in diverse colours, just the way I was feeling like when visiting the paint shop.

But I have thought about this and decided to choose a personal colour theme to be more recognizable!
As I am racing in bumper view actually I don't see any colours of my cars during races.:crazy: But I see it in the garage, the replays and the photos. And of course you other racers do see me.:D

My most favourite colour in general is red and my favourite paint chip is Matte Light Red. But I don't want all my club cars to be the exact same colour, that's too boring to me.:lol:
So I decided to choose red as my basic body paint. The spectrum of this colour is really huge and one is able to choose a lot diverse paint chips. I will vary between all the types of that colour: bright, dark, matte, pearl,...

In the past my favourite rim colour to red bodies was white as this provides a great contrast. But this is too boring to me, I want to vary the rims in one colour spectrum too.
It's supposed to be an intense, variable colour which leaves green and blue as options. Green rims on red bodies seems to be @watermelon punch 's alternative theme to her standard (green body/ red rims). This means only blue is left to me.

So I will repaint my cars little by little besides events, testing and credit grinding.

I will then be known for:

\_________
|____|__
o_\___
|_(o)_____(o)__\

:cool::lol:👍

I was thinking about the contrary theme (blue body/red rims) as an alternative, maybe I could use the standard for one list and the alternative for another list, I'll have to think this through.
But maybe someone else is thinking about painting his cars blue with red rims and I don't want to rob this theme then.:)

@snowgt changed his colour to red too, but I guess it's only one special paint for all his cars and his rims are not blue, so there is no danger of confusion.👍

Last edited:
I have painted all my mixer cars pasteltone001-c, I believe or something like that. There are two reasons really... I want to be able to recognize the shuffle cars from the rest and the pasteltone really stands out from the other cars but more importantly it is at the top of the Solid Paints list so it is fast to paint :)

@Patrick8308 i used to prefer the matte paints as well but switched to Solid. It looks best to my eye with a number plate :)

My other favourite which I use in almost every car I race online outside Mixer is Solid - Habanero Orange. I have tried to collect every orange chip I can find and that is the best of the bunch 👍

I have painted all my mixer cars pasteltone001-c

Great choice, that's a really cool colour.👍 I guess I have some cars painted that way at the moment too.

@Patrick8308 i used to prefer the matte paints as well but switched to Solid. It looks best to my eye with a number plate :)

I was thinking about giving my cars numbers too, but that just doesn't look too stylish on normal cars in my opinion. On some cars like e.g. the Supra it may look great but on other cars it doesnt seem to be appropriate to me. So for consistency reasons I decided to stay away of the numbers.

But if I had numbered the cars it would have been number 21.

So I am the imaginary driver #21. :lol:

Great final race, gkgamer!

I have enjoyed every second of it, thx for your fairplay and sorry for being very defensive towards the end...

Hey guys, I was quite busy this week but of course I'm always reading the threads and checking what's going on in the club.;)

RE: car colours

Actually I have my cars and rims painted in diverse colours, just the way I was feeling like when visiting the paint shop.

But I have thought about this and decided to choose a personal colour theme to be more recognizable!
As I am racing in bumper view actually I don't see any colours of my cars during races.:crazy: But I see it in the garage, the replays and the photos. And of course you other racers do see me.:D

My most favourite colour in general is red and my favourite paint chip is Matte Light Red. But I don't want all my club cars to be the exact same colour, that's too boring to me.:lol:
So I decided to choose red as my basic body paint. The spectrum of this colour is really huge and one is able to choose a lot diverse paint chips. I will vary between all the types of that colour: bright, dark, matte, pearl,...

In the past my favourite rim colour to red bodies was white as this provides a great contrast. But this is too boring to me, I want to vary the rims in one colour spectrum too.
It's supposed to be an intense, variable colour which leaves green and blue as options. Green rims on red bodies seems to be @watermelon punch 's alternative theme to her standard (green body/ red rims). This means only blue is left to me.

So I will repaint my cars little by little besides events, testing and credit grinding.

I will then be known for:

\_________
|____|__
o_\___
|_(o)_____(o)__\

:cool::lol:👍

I was thinking about the contrary theme (blue body/red rims) as an alternative, maybe I could use the standard for one list and the alternative for another list, I'll have to think this through.
But maybe someone else is thinking about painting his cars blue with red rims and I don't want to rob this theme then.:)

@snowgt changed his colour to red too, but I guess it's only one special paint for all his cars and his rims are not blue, so there is no danger of confusion.👍

I have painted all my mixer cars pasteltone001-c, I believe or something like that. There are two reasons really... I want to be able to recognize the shuffle cars from the rest and the pasteltone really stands out from the other cars but more importantly it is at the top of the Solid Paints list so it is fast to paint :)

My other favourite which I use in almost every car I race online outside Mixer is Solid - Habanero Orange. I have tried to collect every orange chip I can find and that is the best of the bunch 👍

I have painted all the eligible cars for this club in various kinds of blue with crystal white rims for the same reason. It is the first time I race stock cars, and all the other cars in my garage are tuned for PP racing. Being able to identify stock cars from the rest only with the thumbnails in the car list menu is a must.

Great choice, that's a really cool colour.👍 I guess I have some cars painted that way at the moment too.

I was thinking about giving my cars numbers too, but that just doesn't look too stylish on normal cars in my opinion. On some cars like e.g. the Supra it may look great but on other cars it doesnt seem to be appropriate to me. So for consistency reasons I decided to stay away of the numbers.

But if I had numbered the cars it would have been number 21.

So I am the imaginary driver #21. :lol:

Again for the same consistency reasons, I haven't used any numbers on the cars I use here but I think I changed my mind...
I'll check where I can fit a #27 in a hopefully stylish fashion.

I paint each list in a distinctive color/rim combo. That way I can make a quick check that I have the correct cars for shuffles, etc.

My 'normal' colors are either Arancio Atlas (traffic-safety-cone orange) / Electric Blue Metallic - what I ran yesterday, or Verde Mela (I-am-in-grass--again Green) with Arancio Atlas rims. Number is .44

I am not overly worried on colors, but I agree that I like the opportunity to recognize who I am coming up to, or being approached by.

-----

About 25 cm of new snow yesterday... That makes me available for Friday. If this keeps up, my availability for much in the summer will be going down, however...

Last edited:
And another new list....

PRESENTING

Performance Coupes
  • Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
  • Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11
  • Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
  • Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
  • TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
  • Ferrari California '08
  • Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
  • Nissan GT-R '07
  • Ferrari 599 '06
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
  • SRT Viper GTS '13
  • Aston Martin One-77 '11
Final order is 99%
Would be helpful if someone can do some more "make sure" tests on some of these:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ists-all-welcome.295260/page-30#post-10509347

But go ahead and head to the dealership, GT Auto, and the paint shop. 👍 :D

And another new list....

PRESENTING

Performance Coupes
  • Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
  • TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
  • Ferrari California '08
  • Nissan GT-R '07
  • Ferrari 599 '06
  • SRT Viper GTS '13
Final order is 99%
Would be helpful if someone can do some more "make sure" tests on some of these:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ists-all-welcome.295260/page-30#post-10509347

I guess we should add that you'll need Sports Medium tyres…

On the menu today:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday 7 March 2015
2:30pm US EST / 7:30pm GMT / 8:30pm CET / 19:30 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer - Track Day - host tarnheld
Cars Needed: To Be Chosen by previous week's podium during event
Track To Be Decided during event, choices can be voiced up to event
begin in Lobby room, final track gets voted on begin by all participants.

Be gentle with me, it's my first hosting duty for Makeshift Shuffle. :embarrassed:

And another new list....

PRESENTING

Performance Coupes
  • Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
  • TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
  • Ferrari California '08
  • Nissan GT-R '07
  • Ferrari 599 '06
  • SRT Viper GTS '13
Final order is 99%

That is one expensive list of cars! Good thing I already have a few of these cars. Also I haven't had time to grind credits recently and you guys are cranking out new lists like crazy! :crazy: You guys are going to bankrupt me! :lol:

I paint each list in a distinctive color/rim combo. That way I can make a quick check that I have the correct cars for shuffles, etc.

I am not overly worried on colors, but I agree that I like the opportunity to recognize who I am coming up to, or being approached by.

It's nice to be able to ID racers by their paint schemes. 👍

Similar here, I have a different combo for each list. It's all the same idea, dark matte and goldish wheels, but with variations on each:

Low Power: Nero Nemesis / Liquid Yellow
Vintage: Nero Nemesis / Austin Yellow
Luxury: GT Japanese 001-C (kind of a semi-matte) / Gold Metallic
Legends: Matte Dark Blue / Opalescent Bronze Metallic
Hot Hatches: Matte Dark Blue / GT METALLIC 007-W
'90s Sports: Nero Nemesis / GT JAPANESE 010-W
Traffic: Nero Nemesis / Gold Metallic
Classics: Matte Dark Red / Opalescent Bronze Metallic
Retro: Matte Dark Red / Nocciola Met.
Historic: Matte Brown / something

At a quick glance looks like a 100% Premium Car list. Me likes a lot :drool:

I might add a new color theme for this list 👍

Yup, 100% Premium. Number plate those babies up! :D

Not sure what I'm going to paint mine, the fact that they're all premium makes me want to go for a paint that doesn't work well on a lot of standards, like a colour change or something. Maybe my original MMS livery of Reflex Spice / Matte Black.... :dopey: 'Twould be rather garish on some of these though....

That is one expensive list of cars! Good thing I already have a few of these cars. Also I haven't had time to grind credits recently and you guys are cranking out new lists like crazy! :crazy: You guys are going to bankrupt me! :lol:

I hear there's some sort of B-spec thingy to grind credits for you, while you do homework or whatever. ;)

Some terrific racing today - that 300C is a tough beast.

Sorry for the taps JohnDoeKillsYou, in race... 4? I was trying to make sure I laid off and didn't take advantage if I thought you'd become unsettled, and in the POS... I mean, PAO, it took about 3/4 of a lap to maybe get near anyone again. I'd like to take credit for passing several folks, but I maybe made a single pass. The other cars were... sightseeing, or hitting the Beer Tent.

IMHO, the PAO is gutless to the point of pointlessness as starting in the back, imho - I think I was about 3 seconds per lap slower than the leader on my best "that was awesome!" lap time. Even when the PAO's transmission/shift points lined up well on the corners at Brands Hatch '80's, you'd be very hard pressed to make a pass unless conditions were near perfect - if you have any additional braking to keep clean, you can't pedal, push, or whip that old, three-legged donkey fast enough to make up the ground.

However, this is a tried-and-true system, so I understand why the PAO is where it is. I personally find the PAO one of the "well, I won last race, I can tell I will probably be be last in this car unless there is drama" choices - the "See-Saw Shuffle Paradigm" and I know we do our best to avoid it. Just my take, I know that it be what it be.

Room is open!

Friday 7 March 2015
7:30pm US EST / 4:30pm US PST / (Half past Midnight GMT)
Shuffle Mixer - host wat3rm370n
Cars Needed: Vintage list, 90s Sports list, & Pontiac Vibe
Race #1: 2 laps @ Daytona Road Course // Pontiac Vibe GT '03
Race #2: 3 laps @ Cape Ring North // Vintage
Race #3: 4 laps @ Madrid Mini Reverse // Vintage
Race #4: 3 laps @ Rome Reverse // Vintage
Race #5: 3 laps @ Silverstone International // 90s Sports
Race #6: 3 laps @ Matterhorn Rotenboden // 90s Sports

Back