Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer Friday Night
7 March 2015

1. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (24 pts)
  2. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (19 pts)
  3. crisissasix / crisissasix (16 pts)
  4. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (15 pts)
  5. The87Dodge / The87DodgeKcar (11 pts)
  6. *tacom08 / tacom08 (10 pts)
  7. culturalsnow / culturalsnow (2 pts)

Race #1: 2 laps @ Daytona Road Course // Pontiac Vibe GT '03
  1. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos
  2. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n ( pts)
  3. crisissasix / crisissasix ( pts)
  4. culturalsnow / culturalsnow ( pts)
Race #2: 3 laps @ Cape Ring North // Vintage

IMG_0320.jpg

Race #3: 4 laps @ Madrid Mini Reverse // Vintage

IMG_0322.jpg

Race #4: 3 laps @ Rome Reverse // Vintage

IMG_0325.jpg

Race #5: 3 laps @ Silverstone International // 90s Sports

IMG_0332.jpg

Race #6: 3 laps @ Matterhorn Rotenboden // 90s Sports

IMG_0333.jpg

Reminder to new members:

Please review the rules particularly regarding re-entry to the track after going off.
There were a few instances of pouring back into traffic, which is against the rules... because it's likely to annoy your fellow racers. (It's also a particular pet peeve of the race director! :mischievous:)
Remember, just because a lot of these cars are lower power, some of them are still a handful and can get pretty wild. It's important to observe proper track etiquette after an accident. 👍

If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask. :)

And by all means, do NOT be discouraged if you're unsure how to know your car assignment, and have to ask. That's okay. Everybody understands it takes some practice to get the hang of knowing what car to get into for the next race. After awhile it becomes easier, of course, and it's well worth it, as many here I'm sure will agree. 👍
:cheers:

For credits on B-Spec, a solid and consistent winner:

20 Miles of Willow Springs, Light Car Company / Rocket (tune to 650 PP).

Push the Pace - wins by 10 seconds+. About 250,000 credits in about 12 minutes of laundry, or assorted chores. Can win by more with Push It Hard. Bob is good with tire management in this car. ;)

Works very well, thanks 👍

Edit:

B-spec opponent AI seems to use different tyre compounds. I saw some SH running at top 5 and a SS doing 2 pitstops. Does that mean tyre wear actually is different now or just a glitch in b-spec?

Last edited:
FYI: IMPORTANT
For those attending the Sunday Event.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-and-site-changes.296680/page-2#post-10518878

There will be GTPlanet maintenance, forum unavailable,
at the time we are racing online

This means you will not be able to access the forum starting some time during our Sunday session.

This is important for those who load up the forum on your phones & tablets to refer to car lists.
I suggestion you save the info needed by some method before the event. 👍

(I usually load the page and then put my tablet in airplane mode to view the event itinerary during an event. I have my car lists on ordinary paper.)

Append:
The itinerary is also posted on the PSN GT6 Community Events for the club. It's in a comment underneath the event.
You can access this on the web via a tablet or computer while in a lobby on the PS3.

You can also access the Google Docs sheet with all the car lists here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...t_AXGvJY6Hh-J2OSK-IOFSooM/edit#gid=1988929993

I'm going to put the car lists, and the overview of the rules in the Community Club Forum (eventually).

Last edited:
Works very well, thanks 👍

Edit:

B-spec opponent AI seems to use different tyre compounds. I saw some SH running at top 5 and a SS doing 2 pitstops. Does that mean tyre wear actually is different now or just a glitch in b-spec?
It seems to me that I can't completely walk away because bob doesn't seem to know how to overtake unless I tell him too and also if there's a mclaren f1 in there you're just screwed.

EDIT: I will be able to race today. 👍

It seems to me that I can't completely walk away because bob doesn't seem to know how to overtake unless I tell him too and also if there's a mclaren f1 in there you're just screwed.

EDIT: I will be able to race today. 👍

The trick is to set the pace up a step or two. Sure, Bob struggles in traffic but he can do it. I had 2 cars escape in the beginning but they pit late in race and Bob does not need a pitstop. I end up winning by 18-20 sec or so each time. Up 3mill already :)

The contols are bit weird. Had to check the manual myself...

Bob needs to be at least on Push the Pace. I start the race, then sometimes tell him to Overtake into Turn 1 excessive drama, then let him toodle on his merry way.
I did set him to push the pace and even after the mclaren f1 pit he caught up and destroyed bob on the last lap. Perhaps I need to him to push it hard. I'm just worried that bob will wear through his tires.

At one point in a computer game long ago, I had set up an oscillating fan that could hit keystrokes intermittently, and used a ratchet style transmission to vary which keys.

I do not recall why I did this, but it was fun to make it. Now, I would just print the device, if I could get my CAD-fu up to speed.

A Smartphone app sounds way cooler.

Yeah, make sure you tune up the Rocket. Lighten him up, then add ballast to adjust his balance closer to 50/50, and go over 650 PP, then detune to 85-90% to get your correct PP. Up his transmission speed, tighten up the gearing (say 75% to the right) on the middle gears, and then increase final gearing by .1 or .2 to taste.

SHOPPING LIST APPENDED. :D ;)

Check post #1 for the new car lists.
(I add them in order of debut)
The Historic list has been added.
If you participated in the spec event this past week, you'll have some of them already.

The spreadsheet has been updated with both the Performance Coupes and the Historic lists.

Also check post #2 for new itineraries. If you want to race in 2 scheduled spec events this week, it will involve some shopping. Though I think most of those cars are pretty cheap. :rolleyes: :sly:
(edit: I had most of them already... but that's just me. lol)

@daddyo845 and all
I'll let you know if I come across an event where Bspec Bob can be unattended, on normal, win a race, with a stock (or near stock) vehicle, that takes a little while & pays out okay.
At this point, I'm just having B-Bob doing career mode stuff that I'd lost interest in completing previously.

Last edited:
That's weird... Did you tune the car to 650PP and use SS tyres?

Also, I have TC and ABS off...

Now I am wondering is there no way to start races remotely from my smart phone :D
SS tires? I left him on SH because I was afraid his tires would wear too much. I should experiment to find what works best.

HELSINKI, Finland - Police gave a record $216,900 speeding ticket to a millionaire under a system in which traffic fines are linked to an offender's income.

The Iltalehti tabloid reported that millionaire Jussi Salonoja zoomed through the city center last weekend in a 25 mph zone and police handed him a ticket of $216,900. It didn't say what his speed was.

The fine was based on information they got directly for the inland revenue office, the Tuesday report said.

Salonoja, 27, could not be reached for comment, and police declined to discuss the alleged speeding incident until it reaches the Helsinki Regional Court at a later date.

:lol: Finland parking fine system is savvy. :sly:
It reminds me of this guy I worked for back in the 90s. He'd go to New York City, and come back and drop a big stack of parking tickets on his secretary's desk. He said it was cheaper & easier to pay the fines than to bother finding parking & paying for it. Many tickets were for double-parking... so he was trapping people in on a regular basis too for his own convenience. :eek::mischievous:👎

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 17 -- Event 2
Sunday 8 March 2015

1.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (47 pts) (2/0)
2.) snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (47 pts) (1/0)
3.) LongbowX / LongbowX (47 pts) (0/1)
4.) *tacom08 / tacom08 (46 pts) (1/1)
5.) GranTurismo916 / atongo619 (45 pts) (0/2)
6.) gkgamer / gkgamer (39 pts) (0/3)
6.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (39 pts) (0/3)
7.) culturalsnow / culturalsnow (32 pts) (0/1)
8.) tarnheld / tarnheld (31 pts) (1/0)
9.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (28 pts) (0/1)
10.) daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (28 pts)
11.) WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (13 pts) (1/0)
12.) *cturbo26 / cturbo26 (3 pts)

Race #1: 2 laps @ Spa-Francorchamps // Renault 5 Turbo '80

IMG_0342.jpg

Race #2: 3 laps @ Silverstone National // Low Power

IMG_0350.jpg

Race #3: 4 laps @ London // Vintage

IMG_0354.jpg

WildChild89 - DNF

Race #4: 4 laps @ Cape Ring South // Vintage

IMG_0359.jpg

Race #5: 4 laps @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse // Vintage

IMG_0361.jpg

Race #6: 4 laps @ Trial Mountain // Legends

IMG_0367.jpg

Series 17
Points standings

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (73 pts) (3/1)
  2. *tacom08 / tacom08 (72 pts) (1/5)
  3. LongbowX / LongbowX (71 pts) (0/3)
  4. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (66 pts) (3/1)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (54 pts) (1/3)
  6. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 (45 pts) (0/2)
  7. tarnheld / tarnheld (41 pts) (1/0)
  8. gkgamer / gkgamer (39 pts) (0/3)
  9. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (35 pts) (0/2)
  10. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (32 pts) (2/1)
  11. culturalsnow / culturalsnow (32 pts) (0/1)
  12. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (28 pts)
  13. crisissasix / crisissasix (3 pts)
  14. *cturbo26 / cturbo26 (3 pts)

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 10
Woo! Thanks, @LongbowX -- still a ways to go before I can find alien pace, though. :lol:

Nice three way tie on points today. Two point spread on the top 5! 👍

But... :( nooo, my parity rating. Now I'm going to have to practice for the parity rounds, can't just show up and fart my way around to a podium. :P Knocked it from 9 to 6 in one week.

Wow there were a lot of wipeouts in that one ouch! :lol:
Yes! :lol: I expected it to be exciting with that car. But I think some people got more excitement than they wanted in that race. :eek::sly:
There were at least 12 distinct accidents :scared: - and all regular old race incidents... nobody really did anything wrong... Unless you count just driving the Renault 5 Turbo. :lol::boggled:

I think that car drives like an IV drip stand with independently moving wheels. :boggled::ill:

Oh, and I did take a look at @gkgamer 's early contact incident (mentioned in the lobby)... With me actually.
What happened was is that in the start of the race, I wound up behind @Chiochan and as we were heading toward the hill, I got the sense that he may wind up going too fast up the hill, and I didn't want to wipe out in the first 60 seconds of the race because I madly followed in his draft going wild up that hill. :nervous:
So I made the decision to back off a bit heading up the hill. So I didn't follow Chiochan off track onto the left where he wound up. :ouch: And so there I was at the crest when gkgamer came barreling up at a faster speed, careened into my side of the track & clipped me just a bit. I guess because he was at speed and turning his wheels, he then wound up off on the right side of the track. :crazy: It didn't seem to effect my car so much, probably because at that time I had the wheels all pointed in the same direction.

What I found most baffling is how @snowgt managed to place 6th after at least 2 spectacular wipeouts. :boggled::eek:
I finished in my grid starting position due to not having a wipeout, @amarynceos 's slipstream :sly:, and well, attrition I guess. :lol:

I have no idea how @amarynceos pulled that alien bit... so he must be an alien. :lol: Especially after he made a pass on the straight early on, at a high speed with 2 wheels in the grass. :scared::eek:
I was too scared to dip a toe into that grass with that car that I even tried to avoid touching the curbs! :eek: :lol:

I have no idea how @amarynceos pulled that alien bit... so he must be an alien. :lol: Especially after he made a pass on the straight early on, at a high speed with 2 wheels in the grass. :scared::eek:
I was too scared to dip a toe into that grass with that car that I even tried to avoid touching the curbs! :eek: :lol:

It was a hair-raising moment, to be sure. I got a really good run coming out of Eau Rouge and Raidillon, so had a good head of steam. I came barreling up behind @WildChild89 and @culturalsnow , saw a gap on the left, and just went for it. :scared:

What made that win even more satisfying was the fact that I only got as far as Les Combes on my recce lap and had no idea how braking was going to go for the rest of the lap -- so I was a sitting duck at the Bus Stop and at La Source, as I didn't want to risk a big lockup and crash. :lol:

Back