Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

My Internet gets cut off tomorrow so I'm hoping to get one more race before that. Thanks to melon punch for organising and keeping stats on the series.

Last edited:
PLEASE NOTE:

There is a CHANGE in the order of the HOT HATCHES LIST

Hot Hatches
  1. Suzuki SWIFT Sport '05
  2. Abarth 500 '09
  3. Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
  4. Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05
  5. BMW 120d '04
  6. Ford Focus ST170 '03
  7. Volvo C30 R-Design '09
  8. Mini Cooper S '11
  9. Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
  10. Peugeot 207 GTi '07
  11. Volkswagen New Beetle RSi '00
  12. Renaultsport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02
  13. Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
  14. Mazda Kusabi Concept '03

Please update any of your own lists you use.
(The OP post #1 has been updated.)

This is the new order.
ONLY #1 & #2 have changed... and they have been switched in order, after further testing of the list.

Of course, as with all the lists, the cars are only in order of "average" slowest to fastest on a variety of tracks.
But performance may vary depending on the track.
Just the nature of car characteristics.

As always, I invite & encourage everyone who has the interest to get involved in testing cars for car lists.
Info can be found in the Time Trials thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...esting-for-club-car-lists-all-welcome.295260/
Join us! :D 👍

Great races today! Sorry for the delay in the bonus race, but there seems to be no way to exit the race when somebody has crossed the finish line... Was faster on autopilot than on SM with 100% humidity. :eek:

I was too crashy at Red Bull Ring also. Sorry!
Still not quite comfy there.

As for the Suzuka... I wondered that... but had no idea it got to 100% wet so quickly. I don't think it ever got above 45% that I noticed.

RESULTS

Shuffle Mixer -- Series 15 / Event 1
Sunday 8 February 2015

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (28 pts)
  2. LongbowX / LongbowX (25 pts)
  3. *tacom08 / tacom08 (23 pts)
  4. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (21 pts)
  5. gkgamer / gkgamer (20 pts)
  6. nickg07 / Ballist1x (19 pts)
  7. tarnheld / tarnheld (18 pts)
  8. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (10 pts)

Race #1: 2 laps @ Monza 80 // Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78

IMG_9890.jpg

Race #2: 2 laps @ Sierra // Vintage

IMG_9897.jpg

Race #3: 3 laps @ Nürburgring GP/F (T:16:00/14) // Legends

IMG_9899.jpg

Race #4: 4 laps @ Red Bull Ring (T:12/12) // Luxury

IMG_9909.jpg

Race #5: 4 laps @ Special Stage Route 5 Reverse // Luxury

IMG_9913.jpg

RESULTS

Shuffle Mixer -- Series 15 / Event 1
Sunday 8 February 2015

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (28 pts)
  2. LongbowX / LongbowX (25 pts)
  3. *tacom08 / tacom08 (23 pts)
  4. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (21 pts)
  5. gkgamer / gkgamer (20 pts)
  6. nickg07 / Ballist1x (19 pts)
  7. tarnheld / tarnheld (18 pts)
  8. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (10 pts)

Race #1: 2 laps @ Monza 80 // Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78

View attachment 307042

Race #2: 2 laps @ Sierra // Vintage

View attachment 307043

Race #3: 3 laps @ Nürburgring GP/F (T:16:00/14) // Legends

View attachment 307044

Race #4: 4 laps @ Red Bull Ring (T:12/12) // Luxury

View attachment 307045

Race #5: 4 laps @ Special Stage Route 5 Reverse // Luxury

View attachment 307046

Dang i felt i could have won race 1 as i was over 3 seconds ahead but during my practice lap never made it to the final curves and ended up nearly spinning out:/

Stratos is fast though, CM Front tyres are like the silver bullet. I actually kept quite clean that race too!

Great races!

Of course, sorry for being crashy at GT Arena. :guilty:
I'd like to explain that. :odd: It started when I hit somebody's car, and I tried to correct, to leave them be, but then I was in the way & wound up causing a collision with another car... and in trying to withdraw from the pack, I found there was nowhere for me to go that I wouldn't be hitting. :eek: It was a bit like being trapped, and I wasn't at all sure where any of the other cars were. (I usually don't have that problem. :crazy:)
I haven't had a chance to watch the replay yet.. I'm not sure I want to. :ill:

Anyway, up to that point... even that race was pretty fun!
Not too keen on Motegi West though. I don't know how some of you guys were going so fast there. :boggled:

But most of all, I think that's the most fun races I ever had on Tokyo Reverse & Indy Road Course! I usually hate those tracks, to be quite honest!

Last edited:
I come off looking a bit bad, I think I pitched it a bit too hard to inside . I didn't realize you were there, sorry!
:lol: Well, now that I look at that one view, it does kind of make you look bad. :odd:
But if you look at the moments before (especially in race view CHASE VIEW), you can see I had gained quite a bit of speed.

I shot up and painted myself into a corner... and then dipped onto that apron.

In the other views I think it's pretty obvious, and clearly you couldn't have predicted I'd be there.

And this is typically how people wind up on the apron, btw.

Last edited:
RESULTS

Series 14 Event 2
10 February 2015

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (34 pts) (1/4)
  2. tarnheld / tarnheld (27 pts) (0/2)
  3. LongbowX / LongbowX (26 pts) (2/0)
  4. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (26 pts) (0/2)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (24 pts) (0/2)
  6. temuster / temuster (23 pts) (2/1)
  7. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (22 pts) (1/1)
  8. John Wells / johnwells69 (11 pts)

(wins/podiums)

Race #1: 4 laps @ GT Arena B // Ford Ka '01

IMG_9917.jpg

Race #2: 3 laps @ Tokyo R246 Reverse // Low Power

IMG_9922.jpg

Race #3: 4 laps @ Motegi West Course // Traffic

IMG_9931.jpg

Race #4: 2 laps @ Nürburgring Nordschleife // Traffic

IMG_9937.jpg

Race #5: 3 laps @ Indianapolis Road Course // Luxury

IMG_9942.jpg

Race #6: 3 laps @ Grand Valley Speedway Reverse // Luxury

IMG_9945.jpg

SL55, S Type R, 300c, Xk Coupe Luxury, 135i, S4, c63, G35

Had an idea. A lot of times lobbies are only about half full, which means that in a majority of cases it's the bottom half of cars that gets used. In such a case we could invoke a spontaneous switch to the top half of cars, so they see some mileage every once in a while. This could easily be done on a race-by-race basis. If there were <=8 people racing in the previous race, the faster half of cars could be used instead in the following race.

Had an idea. A lot of times lobbies are only about half full, which means that in a majority of cases it's the bottom half of cars that gets used. In such a case we could invoke a spontaneous switch to the top half of cars, so they see some mileage every once in a while. This could easily be done on a race-by-race basis. If there were <=8 people racing in the previous race, the faster half of cars could be used instead in the following race.

Really good idea!👍

We already have been doing this. (using the bottom of the list)

I had set the threshold for that at 6 cars. If there's 6 or less, we switch to the bottom of the list for some/most races.

The reason I don't do it at 7 or 8, is because when we get to that many people, there's more potential for confusion & hold-ups.
IE: when we switch to the top of the list... then everybody is asking which car is #1, and more time has to be spent checking cars more.

I thought about making alternate lists too... but again, the potential for confusion gets burdensome. :indiff:

EDIT:
Note, I think this is something that needs to be up to the host, because of the responsibility to keep on the time schedule, etc.
For example, someone hosting that's younger & more spritely than myself ;) might be able to handle hosting a car-list-shift like that with more people. So like if someone else hosts an event/series, they can make that call, depending on how they're running for time. 👍

EDIT 2:
The reason many of you might not know we've already been doing this is because you were probably not in attendance the times there were so few drivers... for reasons which should be self-evident. :odd: :sly: :lol:

Last edited:

Great idea! It could even be used with an arbitrary number of people by just "shifting the people-window" from front to back of the list.

I thought about making alternate lists too... but again, the potential for confusion gets burdensome. :indiff:

The alternative Car List Number is basically C-N+P where C is the number of cars in list, N is number of racers in lobby, and P is the position from the previous race. What if the host/you calculates posts C-N if she wants to pull this off, and everybody adds his position P to this number? That's one subtraction to you and one addition for everybody.
For example if we have the Vintage List, that's 14 cars and there are 9 racers, you/the host has to calc 14-9 = 5 and post "shift 5", then everybody has to add 5 to his position, that's for racer 9: 5+9=14. You could even post "shift 3" for that little extra randomness, because you know all numbers below 6 will lead to a valid car list assignment. :)

The alternative Car List Number is basically ... {math, math, math}

Yeah, you try hosting an event, making sure everybody knows what car they're in, and then gets in the right car, and stay on schedule without running the event over-time... And then tell me the math is simple. :P :lol:
(I've been there, done that. And even with 5 people shifting the assignments adds about 3 minutes of extra time between races. That's 3 minutes we could be racing and aren't, and 3-15 minutes tacked onto the length of the entire event.)

Just sayin'.
It's not easy to stay on schedule if too much time is spent figuring out car assignments between races. And the more people present, the more potential for error and confusion. :indiff:

Priorities!
My top priority when hosting is to make sure we stick to the schedule, and get in as much racing as possible. Because many of us have obligations (or even another scheduled race) after the events. 👍

Back