Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Room is open!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday 7 March 2015
7:30pm US EST / 4:30pm US PST / (Half past Midnight GMT)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer - host wat3rm370n
Cars Needed: Vintage list, 90s Sports list, & Pontiac Vibe
Race #1: 2 laps @ Daytona Road Course // Pontiac Vibe GT '03
Race #2: 3 laps @ Cape Ring North // Vintage
Race #3: 4 laps @ Madrid Mini Reverse // Vintage
Race #4: 3 laps @ Rome Reverse // Vintage
Race #5: 3 laps @ Silverstone International // 90s Sports
Race #6: 3 laps @ Matterhorn Rotenboden // 90s Sports
Still buying the cars again, since they're scattered everywhere because I haven't been in one of those rooms for a while. I'll try to join on Sunday.

Great races today at Track Day and then at the US evening Shuffle Mixer. :cheers:
Fridays are great for racing. :)

@tarnheld Thanks again for hosting. Great job! :bowdown:👍👍
Certainly could not do better myself. It was great to get home and be able to jump in & race a couple. :)

@daddyo845 I was going to say the same thing about bspec Bob grinding for you during homework. :lol: That's what bob is for! :sly: (for me it's during housework haha)

@GranTurismo916 Have you seen the link to the spreadsheet?

It's in the OP (right above the car lists)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...t_AXGvJY6Hh-J2OSK-IOFSooM/edit#gid=1988929993
The car info sheet has the car lists.
(I'm still in the process of putting in the Performance Coupes and Historic lists. But I should get that done this weekend.)

You can sort it by car name if you want to just go through and make sure you have them all ... or go through them while you're in GT Auto and get them all oil changes.
Or whatever.
I open it on my tablet when I'm at the ps3, and go down the list.

Of course that didn't stop me from almost racing in the WRONG 90s Fairlady tonight. :dunce:
Proof ... it can happen to anyone.
That's why it's good for us all to help each other out & make sure others are in the right car. Mistakes happen. No worries. We deal with it.
(Was a little embarrassing :embarrassed: though, me being the race organizer & all. :lol::odd::rolleyes:)

RE: Car colours painting.
OMG don't get me started. :lol:

I just do some variation of watermelon theme. Red & green or green & red.
Though the Celica in the Traffic list is like my real car, so I have it painted like my real car. ;)
Also, once in awhile you'll catch me with a white car. Probably because I had it & painted it before it was a list car, and never got around to painting it melon-style.
I like Galaxy White Pearl and Alpine Silver Metallic paints.
And I paint all my tuned cars either Go Mango or Papaya Orange, to keep them differentiated easily.

And...
@amarynceos We like garish around here. 👍 :lol:

Someone's gotta do it since @jackargent has been incommunicado lately. :(

That shuffle mixer was awesome. Once I know my work schedule for next week, I'll see what other events I can join. I got a decent pic or two to share once I get them transferred to a flash drive. Things got a bit messy here and there, but, from my experience, most of the racing was clean.

That shuffle mixer was awesome. Once I know my work schedule for next week, I'll see what other events I can join. I got a decent pic or two to share once I get them transferred to a flash drive. Things got a bit messy here and there, but, from my experience, most of the racing was clean.
Yeah, well, just because they're lower power doesn't mean they're always easy. :sly::mischievous:
There are a few zingers in the Vintage list. :lol:
I guess we should add that you'll need Sports Medium tyres…
Thanks... I'd missed that.

Also is good if you're at it with those, to buy Comfort Softs... in case of rain racing in longer races. 👍 That way you'll have them when you ask your pit crew for them.
(I say this when I don't have them for all cars. I'm going to regret that sometime, I know it.)

Shuffle Mixer -- Series 16 -- Event 2
Tuesday 3 March 2015

90s Sports @ Fuji F

Fuji Speedway F.jpg Fuji Speedway F_2.jpg Fuji Speedway F_3.jpg Fuji Speedway F_4.jpg Fuji Speedway F_5.jpg Fuji Speedway F_7.jpg Fuji Speedway F_8.jpg Fuji Speedway F_9.jpg Fuji Speedway F_11.jpg
Fuji Speedway F_13.jpg

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer Parity in the Cities
Wednesday 4 March 2015

1. LongbowX / LongbowX (18 pts)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (16 pts)
  3. culturalsnow / culturalsnow (12 pts)
  4. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (11 pts)
  5. temuster / temuster (9 pts)
  6. John Wells / johnwells69 (8 pts)
  7. tarnheld / tarnheld (3 pts)

Race #1: 14 laps @ Madrid Mini // Vintage

IMG_0282.jpg

Race #2: 14 laps @ Rome // Retro
  1. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (Silvia Q's)
  2. LongbowX / LongbowX (Ballade)
  3. John Wells / johnwells69 (Skyline)
  4. culturalsnow / culturalsnow (Fairlady)
  5. temuster / temuster (Silvia Qs)
  6. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (Lancer)
  7. tarnheld / tarnheld (A310)
Penalties:
temuster - 1 position
Lap 13 - reckless driving culminating to creating an obstruction in the track just after the pit entrance.

Race #3: 14 laps @ Tokyo R246 // 90s

IMG_0293.jpg

I still have to say again... I think that's the best race I've ever had at Tokyo. :lol: :cheers:
It was death defying. :crazy: :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
RE: car sorting

Probably some of you have recognized that already but in case someone hasn't yet maybe I can help with a hint on car sorting.💡

I have found a possibility to get all cars of a list in a consecutive order in my garage.:cool:
Usually I choose "date acquired" as the search option. In case I had bought all cars of one list successively at one time the cars will be shown as a complete package by searching that way.👍

But of course I haven't bought all cars new when compiling the lists as I was owning some cars already. I guess this is similar for you guys too. The result is the cars not being shown as a package when sorting by "date acquired".:boggled:

Here comes the hint:

If you go to your garage and push "select" you are able to mark cars of your choice. You should look through your owned cars (independently from your search options) and mark all cars of one specific list (Luxury, Retro, ...). Then you can chose the option "move to stockyard" and the selected cars will be cuted from your garage and pasted to the stockyard.
Then go to your stockyard, select the cars of one list again and move them back to you garage.

Result:
When sorting cars by "date acquired" those cars will be treated like brand new bought ones and appear on top of the main car list. You have all cars as a package.:cheers:

RESULTS

Shuffle Mixer - Track Day - Brands Hatch GP 80's
Friday 6 March 2015

1. Handlebar / HandlebarMustash (22 pts) (1/1)
  2. gkgamer / gkgamer (21 pts) (0/1)
  3. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (19 pts) (2/0)
  4. *tacom08 / tacom08 (19 pts) (1/1)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (17 pts) (0/2)
  6. crisissasix / crisissasix (14 pts) (0/1)
  7. Goetz / johndoekillsyou (13 pts) (0/1)
  8. Cu3e / bergele (11 pts) (0/1)
  9. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (7 pts) (0/0)
  10. culturalsnow /culturalsnow (2 pts) (0/0)
(wins/podiums)
Race #1: Honda S800 '66

mstdresult-2.jpg

Race #2: Luxury

mstdresult-3.jpg

Race #3: 90's Sports

mstdresult-4.jpg

Race #4: Low Power

mstdresult-5.jpg

Bonus Race: Vintage

mstdresult-6.jpg

Thanks to all fellow racers helping me with car checking and stuff. Special Thanks to @watermelon punch for hosting these great events, i really appreciate that now more than ever. :)👍

EDIT: m4d3 m370n 1337.

Last edited:
For credits on B-Spec, a solid and consistent winner:

20 Miles of Willow Springs, Light Car Company / Rocket (tune to 650 PP).

Push the Pace - wins by 10 seconds+. About 250,000 credits in about 12 minutes of laundry, or assorted chores. Can win by more with Push It Hard. Bob is good with tire management in this car. ;)

For credits on B-Spec, a solid and consistent winner:

20 Miles of Willow Springs, Light Car Company / Rocket (tune to 650 PP).

Push the Pace - wins by 10 seconds+. About 250,000 credits in about 12 minutes of laundry, or assorted chores. Can win by more with Push It Hard. Bob is good with tire management in this car. ;)
Thank you, that should be extremely useful to me.

@GranTurismo916 Have you seen the link to the spreadsheet?

It's in the OP (right above the car lists)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...t_AXGvJY6Hh-J2OSK-IOFSooM/edit#gid=1988929993
The car info sheet has the car lists.
(I'm still in the process of putting in the Performance Coupes and Historic lists. But I should get that done this weekend.)

You can sort it by car name if you want to just go through and make sure you have them all ... or go through them while you're in GT Auto and get them all oil changes.
Or whatever.
I open it on my tablet when I'm at the ps3, and go down the list.
👍 I've made a list of "Don't Have" and "Have".

Yeah, well, just because they're lower power doesn't mean they're always easy. :sly::mischievous:
There are a few zingers in the Vintage list. :lol:
I actually felt that the vintage cars handled pretty well, especially that Alfa. The only real problem I had was when someone re-entered the track carelessly in front of me, and chaos ensued. Also, I just wanted to say that using the blindspot indicators really helps to keep you clean. If it lights up red, then that means someone is only inches away from your side, and you should avoid turning in that direction, especially if it is indicating towards the outside of the track. Just saying....

Also, on sorting, I just filter by manufacturer. I have a total of about 300-something cars, with my "favorite" dealership being Nissan with 22 cars from them or something. If you have the list in front of you, it's really not that hard to just filter by manufacturer, and then find the exact model that you need. Unless you have gone into a dealership, and purchased every one of their cars, it shouldn't be too hard to find the car you need. watermelon's method seems cool too, but, judging from last night, it seems to involve a slight risk of leaving the wrong cars in the stockyard :/

I'm slightly dismayed by the fact I finished 2-2-1 and yet my Parity number actually went up.

We capped the races contributing to Funkiness/Parity number to the last 20. That means if you do a race, another one get's cut from contributing to Funkiness. If you were better (even just the same position racing against more people is better too) in the cut race, your funkiness goes up, unfortunately. :scared: But the cap was put in place to ensure you are not stuck to a Parity number after many races. :)

EDIT: m4d3 m370n 1337.
:lol:
I'm now wondering if my PSN name portrays me as an aging script kiddie gamer. :odd::lol:

I was pleased with my performance on Wednesday, although I had some luck go my way. I'm slightly dismayed by the fact I finished 2-2-1 and yet my Parity number actually went up. :lol: Evidently it thought I could do better, haha.
I can explain this.

(Though almost nobody is probably interested in the geeky math & the psychology of all this. But I'll explain anyway because I think it's fascinating. :lol:)

The parity system takes the 20 most recent races.
That's 4 or more events. And so your score doesn't jump erratically with just one event.
But the process can make the changes seem more or less sudden depending on how often you participate.

The parity system also takes into account what position you finished out of all drivers in a race.
The parity calculation understands that it's harder to finish better with more cars in the race, and so the spreadsheet commiserates with you, and treats you more gently if you're mid-grid in a race with lots more cars. :lol::sly:

After Wednesday's event results were inputted, the system dropped these Longbowx finishes:
3/11 = 3.667 (Feb 17th)
1/11 = 11.000 (Feb 17th)
2/10 = 5.000 (Feb 22nd)
Total Score = 19.667
And replaced them with these Longbowx finishes:
2/7 = 3.500 (Wed)
2/7 = 3.500 (Wed)
1/6 = 6.000 (Wed)
Total Score = 13.000

Finishing 3rd of 11 racers, or 2n out of 10 racers is considered a more impressive accomplishment than finishing 2nd of 7 racers. And of course finishing 1st out of 11 racers is just more of a feat than finishing 1st out of just 6.
It works the other way too, it's smart. ;)
It knows that it's more difficult to finish 6th place out of 10 than 6th place out of 7.

Also, and apparently this doesn't apply to Longbowx recently...
I think the system is, justifiably, also a little kinder when people have last place finishes, in any race.
If you're unfortunate enough to have a losing streak in general, the system shows mercy! :lol:
And so then in a parity race you have a better car assignment, and in 1-makes you have a better starting grid position, and a chance to rebuild confidence, and rectify your stats, and most importantly making sure that everyone sees on track action with a variety of drivers/cars, even if a few drivers are not doing so hot at the moment. :)

I'm pretty happy with the system overall. It seems to be, fairly inconspicuously, keeping the racing close, making sure everyone has a challenge, and most important... keeping the on track action tense! :mischievous::D

I'm also starting to notice that the shuffle with the parity races may be helping some of us less talented or less experienced drivers, get more experience with being in the thick of it... and so some of us are improving a little bit in the 1-Make spec races as well, (at least against our own prior performances, if that makes sense). I think this is because the parity system works to counter the psychological effects of having a losing streak. So there's less of that terrible urge that comes over one to give up when things go wrong or there's some bad luck in a race.
Perseverance is half the battle in a race, so just improving that is helpful for one to improve one's own performance within one's own parameters. And that's pretty interesting & exciting in itself. :)

Last edited:
@tarnheld @watermelon punch Thanks so much for the explanations. It is fascinating. I'm sure you explained it before I just wasn't in the appropriate mood to read it. :lol:

My performance at the Mid-Field track day is most certainly dragging down my score too, hah. I've seen it fall for 4 to 6. I'm not necessarily complaining, as I think it actually provided pretty good racing. Like at Madrid Mini, the car was slower but I managed to push to the front with a little luck. It tightened up the group, that was great. It is nice to actually have a shot at it.

I've seen it fall for 4 to 6.

Don't worry, the Funkiness to Car Number mapping is more sensitive in your range (the alien range :D) than in the middle. This was also done on purpose, as there is not much use for the extreme Funkiness values. So they just map to 1-2 cars, and then the 21%-47% range (only 1/4) is mapped to 5 cars (more than 1/3). That means Funkiness change in your range changes the Car number more often.

But don't get me wrong, there is no advantage to be gained for aliens, it's the same for the lower Funkiness range.

It's all about boring parity maths having fun racing! :D :cheers:

RESULTS
Historic Spec Variety Cup
Thursday 5 March 2015

1. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (41 pts) (3/2)
  2. Handlebar / HandlebarMustash (33 pts) (0/4)
  3. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (27 pts) (0/1)
  4. gkgamer / gkgamer (24 pts) (2/0)
  5. crisissasix / crisissasix (18 pts) (0/1)
  6. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (17 pts) (0/1)
  7. John Wells / johnwells69 (16 pts)
  8. tarnheld / tarnheld (15 pts)
  9. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (10 pts) (0/1)
  10. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (9 pts)
  11. temuster / temuster (6 pts)
(points) (wins/podiums)

Race #1: 6 laps @ Willow Springs: Streets of Willow // Fiat Panda Super i.e. '90 (comfort medium tires)

IMG_0298.jpg

Race #2: 6 laps @ Nürburgring GP/D // BMW 2002 Turbo '73 (comfort soft tires)
  1. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (11:55.576) (10 pts)
  2. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (12:06.551) (9 pts)
  3. Handlebar / HandlebarMustash (12:08.868) (8 pts)
  4. tarnheld / tarnheld (12:12.653) (7 pts)
  5. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (12:13.431) (6 pts)
  6. John Wells / johnwells69 (12:44.280) (5 pts)
  7. gkgamer / gkgamer (13:26.822) (4 pts)
  8. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (12:54.300) (13:29.300) (3 pts)
  9. temuster / temuster (13:13.011) (14:13.011) (1 pts)
  10. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (...) (1 pts)
Penalties:
Temuster - 60 second penalty + 1 point
multiple off-road without lift, several reckless driving moves, in addition to spectacular damage inducing contact collision with amarynceos without pit with concession.
1pt - multiple instances in a single race

Chiochan - 35 second penalty
Causing an obstruction in the track causing multiple collisions and severe damage to gkgamer's car without concession.

Race #3: 6 laps @ Tskuba // Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73 (comfort soft tires)
  1. gkgamer / gkgamer (9 pts) (7:49.141)
  2. WildChild89 / wild_child_89 (8 pts) (7:51.996)
  3. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (7 pts) (7:53.893)
  4. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (6 pts) (8:10.125)
  5. John Wells / johnwells69 (5 pts) (8:16.708)
  6. Handlebar / HandlebarMustash (4 pts) (8:16.881)
  7. crisissasix / crisissasix (3 pts) (8:08.114) (8:17.114)
  8. temuster / temuster (1 pts) (8:16.081) (8:18.081)
  9. tarnheld / tarnheld (1 pts) (8:20.262)
Penalties:
temuster - 2 seconds + 1 pt
Post Race Concession (1 second - 1 position in lieu) Lap 2 - bump passes terrordog1490 without concession
Post Race Concession (1 second - 1 position) Lap 6 heading toward inside hairpin, bump passes John Wells
1 pt penalty for multiple instances in a single race

crisissasix - 9 seconds
Post Race Concession (9 seconds, +1 second after offended car's time) Lap 4 hairpin - bump passes John Wells without concession

Race #4: 6 laps @ Laguna Seca // Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63 (comfort soft tires)
  1. WildChild89 / wild_child_89_ (8 pts) (11:23.257)
  2. Handlebar / HandlebarMustash (7 pts) (11:29.698)
  3. crisissasix / crisissasix (6 pts) (11:35.661)
  4. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (5 pts) (11:40.919)
  5. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (4 pts) (11:42.989)
  6. temuster / temuster (2 pts) (11:32.475) (11:45.475)
  7. John Wells / johnwells69 (2 pts) (12:11.898)
  8. gkgamer / gkgamer (1 pts) (12:24.823)
Penalties:
Temuster - 13 seconds + 1pt
5 seconds - Lap 3 - off road without lift into bumping while passing Handlebar
5 seconds - Lap 4 (last turn) - improper re-entry to the track colliding with WildChild89
3 seconds - Lap 5 (before corkscrew) - off-roading without lift & improper re-entry to the track in front of traffic
1 pt - for multiple penalties in a single race

Race #5: 6 laps @ Mid-Field Reverse // Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71 (comfort soft tires)

IMG_0314.jpg

:cheers:
No parades here! :lol:

All of these cars except for the Panda, will be in the upcoming Historic car list. I'm now convinced this will be a very fun & exciting list. :D :sly:

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 10
Ah, knowing that parity rating is based on the past 20 races explains to me why mine suddenly jumped from 9 to 7 -- a bunch of rubbish results got swept into the bins. :lol:

My pride likes the lower number, but my desire to win misses having an overpowered car for the parity races. ;)

Ah, knowing that parity rating is based on the past 20 races explains to me why mine suddenly jumped from 9 to 7 -- a bunch of rubbish results got swept into the bins. :lol:

My pride likes the lower number, but my desire to win misses having an overpowered car for the parity races. ;)
Heh I feel the same way amar. :cheers: I think my races on track day at midfield had lowered my number because I had some pretty decent results that day.

@watermelon punch, I think you mislabeled those pictures. That sure looks like Tokyo to me not Tsukuba.

Back