Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

I bought a BMW F1 McLaren just for grinding. My motivation is minimum interaction and maximum cash.

There are only 2 power ups to add. Added both then detuned to 650 PP.
RS tyres ASM ON and maximum push on Bob

Finished 1:30 min before second car at Nurb24Min! Found there is no need to even choose the push so its a matter of just starting B-spec and leaving the room for 25-30 min 👍

PDI should just make the cars free, this is just silly...

Last edited:
I'm just going to state my racing colors in case I ever manage to make a race.... Olive Drab Green (Military-002W) for the body and Sandpebble Beige for the wheels...I don't know why I picked those colors...

Edit: Looking at tomorrow's first race list....my worst nightmare...all FF's besides one.

Last edited:
@watermelon punch that race at eiger is starting to come back to me now. I remember that horrible incident at the hairpin at the tunnel. :lol: Oh it was a disaster! :scared: It seemed like half the grid had crashed into the parking lot including myself. I don't even know how I got 4th after a wreck like that. :lol:

@Cu3e thanks for the setup. That seems like it'll work for sure but which power parts did you use?

@Cu3e thanks for the setup. That seems like it'll work for sure but which power parts did you use?

I have the BMW McLaren GTR Race Car '97. Chose The Stage 3 and High RPM Turbo which brings the car way above the limit but detuning to 77.7 (no oil change anymore) brings the car to steady 92.9 Torque ... I am sure it is not optimal but was straight forward to setup that way and scared to touch anything now :crazy:

Last edited:
@watermelon punch

I think you rewound the replay to the beginning. The boxes then are already there at the end of the 1st lap, as opposed to the 2nd lap (which is when they actually appeared). So I never did hit the box. :sly:

And I will post the pictures of tacom's flight later (from my replay). It was even more spectacular than his image. :lol:

@watermelon punch

I think you rewound the replay to the beginning. The boxes then are already there at the end of the 1st lap, as opposed to the 2nd lap (which is when they actually appeared). So I never did hit the box. :sly:

And I will post the pictures of tacom's flight later (from my replay). It was even more spectacular than his image. :lol:
I didn't rewind the replay at all though, because I knew I wouldn't see them rise because of the replay glitch. The only thing I did was pause, of course, to take pictures.

Today: starting in just under 1/2 hour (30 minutes)
(Though I'll have the lobby up in a couple minutes from now.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday 10 March 2015
3:00pm US EDT / 12:00 noon US PDT / 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 19:00 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 16 -- Event 3
Cars Needed: Parity Assignment cars for Hot Hatches, Luxury, Legends
Heavy Damage, 1 mandatory pit stop
Race #1: 6 laps @ Côte d'Azur // Hot Hatches
Race #3: 13 laps @ Suzuka 2014 // Luxury
Race #2: 2 laps @ Sarthe 2013 // Legends

Parity car assignments are here:
http://bit.ly/shuffleparitycar

If you don't have a car assignment yet, you will start in #7.
(how that works can be seen here)

And, if we turn out to have any issues (DCs or invisible cars) in the lobby before the start, I think we'll not muck about with the qualifying we MAY use Parity RGO for the first race... :nervous: Just in the interest of not "pushing the envelope". :(
I'm so fed up with the problems with the qualifier problems.
And there's no "race alone" in free run, darn it. :grumpy: :rolleyes:

Also, I see 8 sign-ups so far. 👍
Correction - 9 sign-ups. 👍 :)

@watermelon punch That is strange, because I definitely didn't hit it...but it is also kind of awesome. The Marcos is just that wicked. Just smash through it, yeah! :lol:

That was a pretty satisfactory race in the Europa today. Had some terrifying moments, like coming into Indianapolis the first time. But, held it together from that great starting position. Had to keep looking back at the rapidly closing cars in my rearview the 2nd lap though!

Anyway...

GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TACOM...

Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_2 copy.jpg

Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_5 copy.jpg
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track_4 copy.jpg

More Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse video...

Mainly I love how the hazard cones appear first. :lol:
And then how of course they go flying about.
There's just something so funny about that.

And yeah, I mean it has to be some kind of deliberate joke, right?
Like an "easter egg" or whatever.

Definitely the best "bug" I've ever seen in a video game. I mean it's too good to be an accident.
It's so funny!

Only the BMW 507 does it.
And yes, only on Eiger Reverse.
It happens in free run too. But the 507 has to cross the finish line, and then the boxes appear right after the finish line.
It happens in arcade mode too because my spouse tested that out of curiosity.

You can't fit the 507 with dirt tires, so there's no putting it on Eiger K Reverse or whatever.

Though here's the thing... As far as we know it's just the 507. :odd:

We know the other cars #1 to #7 in the (pre-re-vamp) Vintage list did not do it.
Because we've raced them there, without the 507, and it didn't happen.

But how many people have raced how many other cars on Eiger Reverse?
It could be that there's another car that will trigger the rising boxes, and we just don't know about it.
That's a possibility.

It's kind of odd how different our replays are...

In mine, not only does tacom's car fly, it rotates at least 30° to the left and goes skidding into the fence... and Longbow's Marcos only barely touches a box, and certainly never pushes one. The boxes and cones themselves go in completely different directions; judging from LB's photos, they go in different directions from either, in his replay. Probably, every single replay yields a different result of box/car interaction, or so I'm guessing.

@amarynceos
Yeah that's true with cones on other tracks.
Very weird and annoying.

Once in a race with the Plymouth Ghia at Silverstone, I rear-ended the car ahead after being distracted by seeing the car ahead of them hit a cone and it went flying WAY up in the air.

But nobody else in the race saw it, and I think someone else checked their replay too.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...pm-gmt-10am-us-est.293150/page-4#post-9101044

I'm betting if others checked this replay they might not see this exactly so:

I think there's something to do with gravity issues or something.
It seems that most of the time positioning of objects is different when they're in the air.
On the ground, the replays will tend to agree unless a lag spike is involved. But once an object has taken flight (including a car)... that's where stories diverge.

For this reason, for stewardship purposes, jumps (and Joey Chitwood spots) have to be treated like turns.
ie: any incidents that happen in or immediately after a jump would be determined by the cars positions before lift-off. Because once they're in the air, each steward might have a different story of where the cars were in mid-flight... until they were all back planted 4 wheels on the tarmac.

Append:
I say this with experience :lol: - albeit in GT5 in course creator tracks with jumps... where occasionally there were mid-flight collision incidents. :lol:
I had one Mt. Aso track with this crazy triple jump... right after a really dicey turn. :lol:

Man I miss custom course creator!! :(

Last edited:
It's kind of odd how different our replays are...

In mine, not only does tacom's car fly, it rotates at least 30° to the left and goes skidding into the fence... and Longbow's Marcos only barely touches a box, and certainly never pushes one. The boxes and cones themselves go in completely different directions; judging from LB's photos, they go in different directions from either, in his replay. Probably, every single replay yields a different result of box/car interaction, or so I'm guessing.

That every replay can yield slightly different results is inherent in the way that these replays are saved (and basically also online mode functions). To conserve size or bandwidth you can only save (or transmit) a relatively low number of data points. When you run the replay, the game basically uses its physics engine to calculate the movements out of those data points. That's at least true for your own car and obvious by how accurate its movements are portrayed.

It is pretty clear from how you see your opponent's cars movements sometimes being jerky, that the frequency of stored data points is not high enough or not constant. Sometimes those cars' movements seem like they are not really produced by the physics engine at all, but just by interpolation between two data points.

So, however this is actually done, if there is some very quick movement, the stored data points might differ for different players and the outcome therefore looks different just because the data points were saved at slightly different times. It sometimes also produces oddities that you see contact between cars in one replay and none in another.

I had heard about this box-thing before, but never witnessed it. I guess I was extremely lucky, because I was basically side-by-side with tacom when I saw a white something at my right front and suddenly tacom was gone from the track display. Little did I know that he got catapulted into the ether. :eek:

My view of them Cones 'n Boxes:

Eigernordwand _ Kurz_5.jpg Eigernordwand _ Kurz_4.jpg Eigernordwand _ Kurz_2.jpg
Eigernordwand _ Kurz_3.jpg
Eigernordwand _ Kurz_1.jpg
Eigernordwand _ Kurz.jpg

Eiger Nordwand -- where Magic Happens®

:lol: :odd: :boggled: :crazy: :dopey: :drool: :cool:

I think the movement of cones, boxes and stuff is not saved in the replay, but calculated on playback. As the movement -- if they move at all -- is mainly determined by one touch with a car, and the replays of online races don't contain every move of the car (lag), this contact can vary and with it the way of the cone. I love those little easter eggs!

Last edited:
I have to say I'm still having a good time looking at those pictures. :lol:
And particularly @amarynceos 's collage of funny captions. :lol:

For anyone interested, I link all picture/video posts in Post #5 of this thread. 👍
(So if you're like me and like to revisit them. :))

And...
I don't know that we ever tried putting multiple 507s on Eiger Reverse.
Did we test that? I can't remember.

Fantastic races. 👍

Really enjoyed the race in the Performance Coupes at Grand Valley Speedway.
Particularly with @John Wells & @Patrick8308 - we had lots of on track action the whole time! :cheers:

I like that track, and we don't race it often enough IMO.

Felt kind of ridiculous though when I ran out of fuel at the end of the last lap. :dunce: :lol: :rolleyes:

Exactly!:D

Performance Coupes is a great list and probably will be one of the favorites soon, if it isn't already.;)

I had to make a hard decision before the event - California vs. Corvette. Both felt really good on some test laps.👍 Actually I can't tell why I have chosen the Corvette finally, maybe just a gut feeling.

The first 5 laps at GVS had been really cool, some nice fights with @John Wells and @watermelon punch till we all headed for the pits.;) It seems my driving style is not very tyre-friendly in general :odd:, furthermore the tyre wear of the Corvette seems to be quite intense. So those SM were down to 6/10 after 5 laps and the car started to slide a lot. I decided to try SH for the final 7 laps (couldn't test them on the Corvette before, but the California was good on SH) and hoped that my tyres would be a bit better on the last laps then the ones of @watermelon punch and @John Wells.

---(Btw, I was so focused on the tyres that moment that I didn't even calculate if the fuel would be enough for 7 laps. I simply increased the suggested amount of fuel by 5 l, which I always do nowadays. It happend once that the game-calculated fuel wasn't enough, since then I always add a bit fuel.;))---

But my tyre strategy failed, I was way too slow on SH and probably could have been faster on SM worn down to 5/10.:ouch:
Then came the last lap and I recognized me getting closer to the places in front of me on the map. I thought "STRIKE! now it pays off, they are struggeling with their worn tyres!" and I was lucky I could pass both on that last lap. I was curious afterwards when I heard that both ran out of fuel.:eek:

Seem's luck was back on my side at least a little bit as I was having massive DC problems in the other races.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I had a good pace the first 4 laps on Apricot Hill and could manage to keep @LongbowX behind me. Probably him and @snowgt would have passed me later but the podium seemed to be at least in sight. And then "Bammm!", connection broke again for the 3rd time in yesterdays event.:(
Actually I would have quitted the event finally that moment but I didn't want to miss the debut of the Performace Coupes on race 3.;)

Race 1 at Autumn Ring was a personal desaster too.:grumpy:
I was really good from the start, only had to let @LongbowX pass on the first stint. Then it started to rain, the second half of lap 6 I was starting to slide. I headed for the pits, rain had raised to 35 % quickly and I decided to go for CS as I was expecting it to get really wet out there. But as my crew was doing their job the rain dropped from 35% to 0%! While I was in the pits!!! :banghead: :crazy: :lol:

Then I was passed by nearly the whole field on lap 7 before....."Bammm!" connection broke 1st time.:irked:
I was really worried all others would have been disconnected too as I was the host that moment.:eek: But it seems it doesn't matter if the host get's kicked during a race and the game manages to switch the host even in a race.

My connection broke a 2nd time while we have been in race lobby between race 1 and 2 and like mentioned in race 2 for a 3rd time.:indiff:

I don't know what it was. Probably it was my personal connection as you others seemed to have no problems.
Actually I have a really good connection (VDSL 50 MBit/s) but maybe the WiFi was the problem. The router is in the next room so distance is no matter. It was always stable in the past though. I hope this problem won't occure again in the future.
At the moment I don't want to use LAN-cable as I neither want to bore a hole in the wall nor keep the door open all the time. Anyways the plan is to move the PS3 to the room where the router is when we will get a 2nd TV and my gaming station will disapear from the living room.:D

Could it be that it was not forced by my connection and game was the problem?:confused:

I bought a BMW F1 McLaren just for grinding. My motivation is minimum interaction and maximum cash.

There are only 2 power ups to add. Added both then detuned to 650 PP.
RS tyres ASM ON and maximum push on Bob

Finished 1:30 min before second car at Nurb24Min! Found there is no need to even choose the push so its a matter of just starting B-spec and leaving the room for 25-30 min 👍

PDI should just make the cars free, this is just silly...

Finally I have to mention that I'm following this strategy and it always works.
Thanks for that hint @Cu3e.:bowdown:
You don't need a setup and don't even have to select "push the pace". Just start the event and Bob will win in that fine car.👍 It takes 3 runs till the purchase prize of 1,800,000 Cr. is gained back but from then this is a grinding machine.

Probably one could make a bit more Cr. in the same time e.g. with "Like the Wind" but the 24min Nürburgring is perfect if you don't want to start a new race every 5 mins.👍 And of course it's the best payout if you want to leave the PS3 for hours.

Didn't find a quick way through the field early on as Longbow did in the BMW spec-race. So I was hatching a plan to stop early to try an undercut, which was then almost annihilated by the rain. At the end of lap 5 it was getting tricky with the worn tyres and about 35% wetness, but 1 corner before the pits I thought I should nevertheless do another lap to make sure I'd need the CS tyres. I lost concentration thinking about that, went wide on the final corner, then, coming back onto the tarmac, I see the wetness suddenly dropping down again, so I reverted back to the original plan of coming into the pits early and staying on SM tyres while my car's back-end tried to step out on worn, dirty and wet tyres. Must have looked a bit like drunk-driving. I do apologise. It sort of worked though as I was in 3rd after lap 6 and managed to pass a lagging Patrick soon after. Longbow was about 15s ahead by that time, but I wouldn't have had the speed to challenge in that race anyway.

Apricot Hill in the Silvia was a good race in a very mediocre car. Longbow passed me at the start in the 4WD Celica and we basically stayed close until the finish, but I never really had a realistic chance to pass. Just 3s off the winner is not bad in that car though.

One question though ... can you be night-blind ... in a video-game? Because I regularly have the feeling I don't see s... whenever it gets dark in a race. Is it just me, or do others also have that problem...?

Race 3 was great, but it could have been a lot better had I not made that stupid mistake early on. I was behind temuster in the California and we practically were going at the same speed, when I got his draft on the straight and was actually (and surprisingly for me) able to get closer in the Tuscan, but then apparently completely underestimated the extra-speed I had, ran wide in the left-kink before T1, spun and could only watch as I slid into temuster in the hairpin, taking him out. We both rejoined behind the field and on the last lap I might have been able to pass him at start/finish out of the slipstream, but chose not to do so, because I was still mortified for what I had done earlier. :embarrassed:

Good thing is, the Premium Sports Coupés seem to work great in parity races. For at least half the race everyone was very close, from Longbow in the Tuscan to JohnWells in the SLS. 👍

By the way, that pink GT-R is a sight to see. :lol:

Back