Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Thanks guys, was really fun to participate. :cheers: Except that floaty Europa S.2 :yuck:

Btw, not sure if Civic 1500 in retro list has a good spot. Wondered myself that i was able to keep pace of WM's Golf. :mischievous:
:lol: I was amazed because *I* couldn't drive the Civic 83 that fast... But that doesn't mean the car is wrong. Just means the driver was good maybe! 👍

Of course some cars are better on some tracks than others. (There's no way to adjust the list for each individual track, we would go bananas. :crazy::eek: :lol:

Madrid isn't my best track... but I was actually surprised the Golf 76 was quite nice there!

You can try putting comfort mediums on the fronts of the Europa.
Some people think it helps. I think it slows you down some too perhaps, but it's worth it (to me) on many tracks because spinning is much, much slower! :eek: :lol:

:lol: I was amazed because *I* couldn't drive the Civic 83 that fast... But that doesn't mean the car is wrong. Just means the driver was good maybe! 👍

Of course some cars are better on some tracks than others. (There's no way to adjust the list for each individual track, we would go bananas. :crazy::eek: :lol:

Madrid isn't my best track... but I was actually surprised the Golf 76 was quite nice there!

Some people think it helps. I think it slows you down some too perhaps, but it's worth it (to me) on many tracks because spinning is much, much slower! :eek: :lol:
Sorry that I left without telling you. Server got disconnected for the second time, and needed to finish dinner. Perhaps I can make the shuffle race tomorrow at 1:30

@The87Dodge
No worries there.
We were pressed to keep on because of the problems initially in the lobby, to stay on schedule.
We finished the last race JUST in the nick of time!! Just 2 minutes before the time ran out. (ie the 2 hour mark)
We finish by 2 hours NO MATTER WHAT it takes. Including abbreviating of an event's itinerary if necessary.
Unfortunately that means that sometimes someone who gets DCd or freezes & has to reboot, will miss some races. :(
(There's a limit to the amount of time the host can wait.)

@The87Dodge
No worries there.
We were pressed to keep on because of the problems initially in the lobby, to stay on schedule.
We finished the last race JUST in the nick of time!! Just 2 minutes before the time ran out. (ie the 2 hour mark)
We finish by 2 hours NO MATTER WHAT it takes. Including abbreviating of an event's itinerary if necessary.
Unfortunately that means that sometimes someone who gets DCd or freezes & has to reboot, will miss some races. :(
(There's a limit to the amount of time the host can wait.)
I see. Even though I live in America, on some nights, my connection is HORRIBLE, and was disconnected twice. When I tried to rejoin, it said I could not join right away and had to wait a short while. Five minutes later, I came back, and the race already began. I understand that you can't wait forever, and I'm not one of those people who rage if they miss a race (but I'm mad at my terrible connection).

That was some good racing today. I was stuck in 4th for quite some time. I'm glad I managed to move around at some point. I had a really intense battle with amar on Motegi. I felt kinda bad for daddy-o, handing me the only win I managed to get this evening at Willow Springs. He would have won if he hadn't gone off on the final corner. That Merc doesn't handle much better than a bathtub.

I'd say stick with the best tires for both front and back, and deal with the oversteering tendencies through driving technique. I haven't driven it much, if at all, but, if you guys are having a hard time keeping it from spinning, my guess is that you're probably suffering from liftoff oversteer. The easiest solution to that is to use left foot braking, and never lift off the gas completely. Once you can control it confidently, try to find ways you can make the liftoff oversteer work for you, so that you can take some corners by lifting to shift the weight, and then hitting the gas to make the rear bite into the tarmac. Cars like that usually corner much faster when you steer with the rear tires.
I understand that you can't wait forever, and I'm not one of those people who rage if they miss a race (but I'm mad at my terrible connection).
Same thing happened to me last week. I spent 10 minutes trying to get in, and missed the one-make race at the start of the event. Then, I dominated at Cape Ring :D Later, I disconnected right before the final race started. I tried to get back in real fast, but it lagged up, and I only got in just in time to see the start of the final lap.

I see. Even though I live in America, on some nights, my connection is HORRIBLE, and was disconnected twice. When I tried to rejoin, it said I could not join right away and had to wait a short while. Five minutes later, I came back, and the race already began. I understand that you can't wait forever, and I'm not one of those people who rage if they miss a race (but I'm mad at my terrible connection).
It could be BECAUSE you live in America. :lol:
The Europeans seem to have half the amount of DC's as the Americans.
(It's well known that American internet in much of the country is actually way behind the times as far as quality high speed internet.)

I'd say stick with the best tires for both front and back, and deal with the oversteering tendencies through driving technique. I haven't driven it much, if at all, but, if you guys are having a hard time keeping it from spinning, my guess is that you're probably suffering from liftoff oversteer. The easiest solution to that is to use left foot braking, and never lift off the gas completely. Once you can control it confidently, try to find ways you can make the liftoff oversteer work for you, so that you can take some corners by lifting to shift the weight, and then hitting the gas to make the rear bite into the tarmac. Cars like that usually corner much faster when you steer with the rear tires.

Problem is... The rear tires will steer me! ... Right into the nearest rail or I might display my awesome fast 360° "cornering" in the middle of the road. :lol::guilty::ill:

@tarnheld add me for some future track days and mss on occasion. Thanks
baja_j

You are welcome and you can join the room any time.
If there is a race in progress or about to begin, you can just wait for the next one. :)

Please read post #1 in this thread, and get ready to buy and change oil on lot's of cars. :D On track days the lists to be used are chosen by the participants, so you should have most car lists ready. But on Shuffle events, there are mostly 2-3 lists used and known beforehand, so those events are easier to get a start at Makeshift Shuffle.

Check the Schedule in post #2 for the upcoming events. :cheers:

Problem is... The rear tires will steer me! ... Right into the nearest rail or I might display my awesome fast 360° "cornering" in the middle of the road. :lol::guilty::ill:
Ouch. If I ever end up driving it, I guess I'll just have to show you how... if you can keep up:mischievous: Until then, I'm not sure how you have your controller set up, but using analog controls for steering, braking, and accelerating really helps. I use L2 to brake, R2 for gas, left stick for steering, and X and square for shifting. Basically, this translates to driving a left-hand drive car. My thumbs act as my hands, and my index fingers act as my feet.

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer - Micro Enduro Cup
Wednesday 11 March 2015

1. LongbowX / LongbowX (19 pts)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (17 pts)
  3. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (14 pts)
  4. temuster / temuster (11 pts)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (8 pts)
  6. John Wells / johnwells69 (4 pts)
  7. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (3 pts)

Race #1: 12 laps @ Autumn Ring Reverse // BMW 135i Coupe '07 (1-make, Parity Grid Order)

IMG_0402.jpg

Race #2: 12 laps @ Apricot Hill Reverse // 90s Sports (Shuffle Assignment, RGO)

IMG_0409.jpg

Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (DNF - DC'd late in race :ouch::()

Race #3: 12 laps @ Grand Valley Speedway // Performance Coupes (Parity Assignment, RGO)

IMG_0413.jpg

Hmmm... the alien sandwich has a new ingredient. :odd: :lol:
I don't want to hear any more lamenting from SOMEBODY about their difficult car assignment considering they're getting all winny lately. :lol: ;)

alien.gif

RESULTS
Spec - Vintage Variety Cup
Thursday 12 March 2015

1.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (28 pts)
2.) temuster / temuster (24 pts)
3.) tarnheld / tarnheld (17 pts)
4.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (15 pts)
4.) Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (15 pts)
5.) John Wells / johnwells69 (6 pts)

Qualifier Race: 2 laps @ Motegi Super Speedway // Honda Z ACT '70

IMG_0417.jpg

Race #1: 4 laps @ Autumn Ring Mini // Honda Z ACT '70

IMG_0420.jpg

Race #2: 4 laps @ London Reverse // Honda Life Step Van '72

IMG_0423.jpg

Race #3: 5 laps @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track // Daihatsu Midget II D type '98

IMG_0427.jpg

Race #4: 9 laps @ Motegi East Course // VW Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) '68

IMG_0429.jpg

Race #5: 6 laps @ Matterhorn Riffelsee // Ford RS200 '84

IMG_0432.jpg

Coming up Today:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday 14 March 2015
1:30pm US EDT / 10:30am US PDT / 5:30pm GMT / 6:30pm CET / 17:30 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spec - Antique & Arcane Cup
Heavy Damage, No enforced pit stops (tires in parenthesis)
Race #1: 3 laps @ Côte d'Azur // Fiat 500F '68 (CM)
Race #2: 3 laps @ Willow Springs: Streets of Willow // VW Sambabus Typ2 (T1) '62 (CM)
Race #3: 4 laps @ Grand Valley East Reverse // Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09 (CM)
Race #4: 7 laps @ Deep Forest Reverse // Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52 (CS)
Race #5: 10 laps @ Mid-Field Reverse // Renault R8 Gordini '66 (CS)

I only see 3 signed up in Community / Club / Events
But 2 others mentioned planning on attending.
So who else is in?
:D

Coming up Today:

Saturday 14 March 2015
Race #2: 3 laps @ Willow Springs: Streets of Willow // VW Sambabus Typ2 (T1) '62 (CM)
Race #4: 7 laps @ Deep Forest Reverse // Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52 (CS)

So who else is in?
sorry, today and tomorrow i have enduro races, can't be here

RESULTS

Track Day - Cape Ring - 13 March 2015

1.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos - 25 pts (0/2)
2.) *tacom08 / tacom08 - 24 pts (2/1)
3.) Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 - 22 pts (1/1)
4.) temuster / temuster - 20 pts (0/2)
4.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n - 20 pts (0/2)
6.) LongBowX / LongBowX - 16 pts (2/0)
7.) tarnheld / tarnheld - 16 pts (0/2)
8.) Goetz / johndoekillsyou - 16 pts (0/0)
9.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat - 8 pts (0/0)
10.) GranTurismo916 / atongo619 - 6 pts (0/0)

Race #1 / Ferrari California

mstdresult.jpg

Race #2 / Traffic

mstdresult-2.jpg

Race #3 / Performance Coupés

mstdresult-4.jpg

tarnheld: DQed because wrong car

Race #4 / Vintage

mstdresult-5.jpg

Race #5 / 90's Sports

mstdresult-3.jpg

Coming up Today:

Saturday 14 March 2015

So who else is in?
Is this going to happen? If not I have an hour break to race so I will be in the shffle lobby for some casual driving. Anyone welcome to join.

RESULTS
Shuffle Mixer - Series 18 - Event 1
Friday 13 March 2015

1. aceboy127 / aceboy127 (32 pts) (1/2)
  2. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (32 pts) (1/1)
  3. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (31 pts) (1/2)
  4. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (29 pts) (1/2)
  5. MSTER232 / MSTER232 (28 pts) (2/0)
  6. Mires / imires (26 pts) (0/2)
  7. culturalsnow / culturalsnow (26 pts) (0/1)
  8. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (20 pts) (0/2)
  9. The87Dodge / The87DodgeKcar (6 pts)
(wins/podiums)

Race #1: 1 laps @ Special Stage Route 7 // Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63

1. aceboy127 / aceboy127 (9 pts)
  2. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (8 pts)
  3. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (7 pts)
  4. The87Dodge / The87DodgeKcar (6 pts)
  5. culturalsnow / culturalsnow (5 pts)
  6. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (4 pts)
  7. MSTER232 / MSTER232 (3 pts)
  8. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (2 pts)
  9. Mires / imires (1 pts)
Penalties
The87Dodge / The87DodgeKcar - Post Race Concession to aceboy127 - (1 position in lieu)
Hairpin Spoon - bump without concession

Race #2: 5 laps @ Autumn Ring Mini Reverse // Vintage

1. MSTER232 / MSTER232 (9 pts)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (8 pts)
  3. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (7 pts)
  4. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (6 pts)
  5. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (5 pts)
  6. culturalsnow / culturalsnow (4 pts)
  7. aceboy127 / aceboy127 (3 pts)
  8. Mires / imires (2 pts)
  9. The87Dodge / The87DodgeKcar (0 pts)
Penalties:
aceboy127 - 1 postion
bump very soon before passing The87Dodge before the next turn
The87Dodge - to be given 0 points
lap 1 bump pass on culturalsnow, lap 3 improper re-entry to the track immediately in front of Mires.

Race #3: 3 laps @ Motegi Road Course // Retro

IMG_0445.jpg

Race #4: 3 laps @ Madrid // Retro

1. MSTER232 / MSTER232 (9 pts)
  2. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (8 pts)
  3. Mires / imires (7 pts)
  4. culturalsnow / culturalsnow (6 pts)
  5. aceboy127 / aceboy127 (5 pts)
  6. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (4 pts)
  7. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (3 pts)
  8. The87Dodge / The87DodgeKcar (0 pts)
  9. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (DNF)

Penalties:
The87Dodge - last place with 0 points
brake checking on lap 2 straight
failure to hold line resulting in contact while passing - no concession made

Race #5: 3 laps @ Willow Springs: Big Willow // Luxury

IMG_0449.jpg

Race #6: 1 laps @ Nürburgring 24hrs // Luxury

IMG_0453.jpg

amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (DNF)

Attachments

• IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 9
:(

Aw man, I totally trashed my nice parity rating with yesterdays rubbish performances. :guilty: :guilty:

I was hoping my decent performance in Thursday's Vintage Variety Cup would balance out the crap driving on Friday, but I guess those didn't count toward parity rating...

It was kind of hard to tell because we had 4 people signed up and then someone else said they were coming.
So I didn't cancel it right away.

That's why I've been pushing people to sign-up in advance.
Cause otherwise we don't know who's coming.

TO NEW members and Reminder to all:
It's very easy to sign up in the GT Community.
You can even do it the web via computer/tablet/mobile.
You don't have to be on the ps3 to sign up.

Speaking of which...

There are only 4 sign-ups for Sunday's Series 17 / Event 3. ^^ :eek:

And here I thought it was a pretty enticing line-up. :odd: :lol:

Prior Sunday Racers:
@snowgt @GranTurismo916 @tarnheld @gkgamer @Chiochan @WildChild89 @culturalsnow @daddyo845 @crisisassix @Cu3e @Goetz @temuster

@amarynceos
The all-spec events don't count.
Just the 1-make races within shuffle events. Well, any & all races in the shuffle scheme count toward parity. But the standalone 1-make events don't.
Just keeping them separate because some people may participate in ONLY the spec events, and then they'd wind up with a parity assignment they:
a) don't need, and
b) would be very unfair in comparison to other drivers who would ordinarily be quite similar to them in parity assignment had they participated in shuffle.

Hope that makes sense.
I'm going to make a note of that in the Parity Car Assignment explanation in the OP, now that I realize that probably isn't self-evident. Thanks for asking about that. 👍

Back