Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

RESULTS
Sunday 29 March 2015
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 20 -- Event 2

1. LongbowX / LongbowX (34 pts) (1/5)
  2. tacom08* / tacom08 (31 pts) (2/2)
  3. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (31 pts) (2/1)
  4. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (22 pts) (0/2)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (21 pts) (0/2)
  6. tarnheld / tarnheld (18 pts) (1/0)
  7. baja_j / baja_j (11 pts)

Race #1: 1 lap @ Special Stage Route X // Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14

IMG_0627.jpg

tarheld:
reduced 1 position - bump pass

Race #2: 3 laps @ Apricot Hill // Traffic

IMG_0634.jpg

Race #3: 4 laps @ Rome Reverse // Historic

IMG_0642.jpg

Race #4: 3 laps @ Willow Springs Streets of Willow // Historic

IMG_0645.jpg

Race #5: 4 laps @ Trial Mountain // 90s Sports

IMG_0650.jpg

Race incident reviewed: no penalties assessed

Race #6: 3 laps @ Matterhorn Dristelen // Luxury

IMG_0654.jpg

So who's in today?

Friday 3 April 2015
2:30pm US EDT / 11:30am US PDT / 7:30pm BST / 8:30pm CEST / 18:30 UTC

Shuffle Mixer Track Day

Cars Lists Needed: All!, previous week's podium decides the list of each race
Track vote will take place at event start time between these tracks:

Special Stage Route 5
Indy Road Course
Matterhorn Rotenboden
Motegi Road Course

Then all races will be at the voted track!
_____________________________________________________________​

Like this post if you plan to attend, as the club event went missing.
I hope everyone has the classic list ready... :drool:
See you on track! :D:tup:

I was wondering what happened to that one. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it, but if I can, I'll be there. As for the shuffle mixer this evening, which still lacked an itinerary when I checked last night, I can definitely make it. I'm just hoping that it wasn't forgotten or something.

Good track day!

Tuesday's results:
  1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (17 pts)
  2. *tacom08 / tacom08 (15 pts)
  3. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceus (13pts)
  4. temuster / temuster (7 pts)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (6 pts)
  6. Goetz / johndoekillsyou (5 pts)

Race 1: Brands Indy
IMG_0401.JPG

Race 2: Ascari
IMG_0402.JPG

Race 3 Nurburgring 24H
IMG_0405.JPG

Tuesday Points Tally:

Series 19 (Tuesdays)
  1. goldtrophy.gif
    LongbowX / LongbowX (65 pts) (5/6)
  2. silvertrophy.gif
    amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (62 pts) (3/6)
  3. bronzetrophy.gif
    tarnheld / tarnheld (47 pts) (1/6)
  4. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (45 pts) (2/6)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (35 pts) (0/3)
  6. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (32 pts) (2/1)
  7. Goetz / johndoekillsyou (18 pts) (1/0)
  8. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (17 pts)
  9. *tacom08 / tacom08 (15 pts) (1/2)
  10. temuster / temuster (7 pts)

Last edited:
Shuffle Mixer Parity Event - Series 18 - Event 3
Friday 3 April 2015

1. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (7 pts) (2/1)
  2. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (7 pts) (1/2)
  3. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (4 pts) (0/3)

Race #1: 6 laps @ Madrid Reverse // Traffic (heavy damage, 1 pit)

IMG_0660.jpg

Race #2: 20 laps @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track // Hot Hatches (heavy damage, 1 pit)

IMG_0664.jpg

Race #3: 2 laps @ Sierra // 90s Sports (damage light, 1 pit)

IMG_0667.jpg

Good races!
My performance could've been better... but I've had a cold, so I'm satisfied at having made the podium all 3 races. :sly: :lol:

RESULTS
Series 18
(Friday Nights)

1. terrordog1490 / terrordog1490 (50 pts) (3/4)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (44 pts) (3/7)
  3. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (44 pts) (2/7)
  4. aceboy127 / aceboy127 (44 pts) (2/4)
  5. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (31 pts) (1/2)
  6. MSTER232 / MSTER232 (28 pts) (2/0)
  7. Mires / imires (26 pts) (0/2)
  8. culturalsnow / culturalsnow (26 pts) (0/1)
  9. tacom08* / tacom08 (9 pts) (1/1)
  10. The87Dodge / The87DodgeKcar (6 pts)

:cheers:

Prize picks! :cool:

@terrordog1490
One (1) car list & track combo for a Parity Race (long track or heavy damage variety).
One (1) car list & track combo for a standard shuffle mixer race.

@amarynceos
Two (2) car list & track combos for shuffle mixer races.

@aceboy127
One (1) car list & track combo for a shuffle mixer race.

Wow. I had no idea I was doing so well. I was really kicking myself over how I screwed up so bad at Sierra this time. Amar and I were running such a CLOSE race up to that point. It was a pretty heated battle for first place. I was having a hard time dealing with the Camaro's wide gears, and I think amar might have been having some issues in the corners with that GTO. I know it's supposed to have 4-wheel steering, but as far as I could tell, it doesn't seem to be simulated. I ended up about 9 seconds behind, and then just went nuts, and closed the gap to about 4 or five seconds, before losing control on the final corner as I watched him spin his car over the finish line. If that wasn't bad enough, I DC'd before I had a chance to save the replay, and that was the only race this evening that I would have been able to pull some awesome photos from.

I actually need to update my lists before deciding on my prize picks. I keep the time trial and finalized lists separate from each other, and I want to be sure that the new lists I have are actually in the right order and whatnot. I have a few things in mind already, but I'll probably have a better idea what I want by tomorrow night.

I did some testing, and figured out what I want for my prize picks. For the parity list/track combo, I choose Historics at Suzuka, and for the mixer, I'm gonna go with 90s Sports at Eiger Nordwand K Trail. If it would be at all possible to make sure these combos only go into Friday evening events so that I can actually race with my prize picks, that would be great.

Forgot these: Prize Picks for Series 19 (Tuesdays)!

@LongbowX
One (1) car list & track combo for a Parity Race (long track or heavy damage variety).
One (1) car list & track combo for a standard shuffle mixer race.

@tarnheld
Two (2) car list & track combos for shuffle mixer races.

@snowgt
One (1) car list & track combo for a shuffle mixer race.

So who's planning to be around for this Tuesday? I'll have an itinerary figured out before tomorrow, I kind of spaced it. :ouch:

Wow. I had no idea I was doing so well. I was really kicking myself over how I screwed up so bad at Sierra this time. Amar and I were running such a CLOSE race up to that point. It was a pretty heated battle for first place. I was having a hard time dealing with the Camaro's wide gears, and I think amar might have been having some issues in the corners with that GTO. I know it's supposed to have 4-wheel steering, but as far as I could tell, it doesn't seem to be simulated. I ended up about 9 seconds behind, and then just went nuts, and closed the gap to about 4 or five seconds, before losing control on the final corner as I watched him spin his car over the finish line. If that wasn't bad enough, I DC'd before I had a chance to save the replay, and that was the only race this evening that I would have been able to pull some awesome photos from.

I actually need to update my lists before deciding on my prize picks. I keep the time trial and finalized lists separate from each other, and I want to be sure that the new lists I have are actually in the right order and whatnot. I have a few things in mind already, but I'll probably have a better idea what I want by tomorrow night.

It was a good battle at Sierra -- the first time I've actually had a race there for longer than a couple of corners, rather than just running in no-man's land, adrift of the leaders and ahead of the mid-pack.

Really though, I was only keeping up because you seemed to know where you were going, so I just followed you around. :lol: I'm still quite lost at Sierra. When you crashed, I was totally at sea, as I'm especially clueless around the last sector or two. It was one of the rare occasions where I missed having that horrible flashing gear/brake indicator.

GTO wasn't bad, but it was a little piggish in the corners. It would have been difficult to win without your mistake.

Btw, I thought you were just going for a snazzy drift in the last corner (I was looking back to make sure I had enough space to go over the finish backwards :dopey: ) until I saw you pancake into the exit wall. :scared:

I kinda figured you were just shadowing me, since you were lost the last time we raced on Sierra. I was hoping that I might widen the gap enough to leave you guessing where the next corner was, but I was also trying to figure out the timing for the brake points with those wide gears. As wide as they are, the sixth gear is basically nothing more than extra weight.

RESULTS

Track Day - Motegi Road Course - 3 April 2015

1.) LongBowX / LongBowX - 19 pts (3/1)
2.) *tacom08 / tacom08 - 17 pts (2/1)
3.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos - 16 pts (0/5)
4.) tarnheld / tarnheld - 13 pts (0/3)
5.) John Wells / johnwells69 - 5 pts (0/0)

(wins/podiums)

Race #1 / Delorean

tday-1.jpg

Race #2 / Historic

tday-2.jpg

Race #3 / 90s Sports

tday-3.jpg

Race #4 / Performance Coupés

tday-4.jpg

Race #5 / Legends

tday-5.jpg

Sorry for taking so long -- i blame it on the springtime laziness. :D

Attachments

• tday-6.jpg
    tday-6.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 8
A note on something new for tomorrow:

We will be using the power limiter for the oval race at Daytona, running the TVR Tuscan Speed Six at 80% power. Using the limiter will allow us to run cars that would otherwise be unsuitable for oval draft battles due to top end issues. Who knows why it's allowed under 'tuning prohibited,' but it is, so I'm going to use it from time to time. :D

My guess is that it's allowed under "tuning prohibited" b/c the limiter can only reduce the performance of the car. You can decrease the pp by adding weight as well, but that is not allowed, as that weight can then be used to adjust the weight distribution, which would actually effect how the car handles quite a bit. At the very least, that's the only rationalization I can come up with. I do have a few friends who have actually used the limiter to make cars easier to handle, and make it easier to control tire wear. IMO, that still results in a slower car, since, with proper technique, the same results can be achieved, and you'll get greater acceleration and top speed without the limiter as well. So if we're assuming that PD wasn't concerned driver skill level, and was looking entirely at how the limiter would effect performance, it kinda makes sense that "tuning prohibited" would allow the one thing that does nothing more than create a ceiling for HP. What I would actually question would be having custom brake balance settings allowed. That actually DOES have a huge effect on how a car enters a corner.

Btw, I signed up for Friday night's event, but I noticed that all of the details for all of this week's events are in Japanese. Is anyone else seeing that?

So who's planning to be around for this Tuesday? I'll have an itinerary figured out before tomorrow, I kind of spaced it. :ouch:

I'll be there today. :cheers:

I like the scheduled races! 👍
The Tuscan at 80% on Daytona Oval is quite interesting. The few oval races I've been attending so far were with slower cars. I'm excited how it will be in the range of 180+ mph.

I'm glad the new lists Classics and Limbo Stick won't be raced today as I'm a bit behind with buying the cars. So no stress for me before the race today.:lol:

Btw...
Are there any events planned on Wednesday or Thursday european evening/ american afternoon? :confused:
I'm available.:)

Looking forward to todays Shuffle! 👍

Btw, I signed up for Friday night's event, but I noticed that all of the details for all of this week's events are in Japanese. Is anyone else seeing that?

That happens to me sometimes when i follow links to the events or log in for the first time. But you can switch language by altering the first two characters in the link, i.e. the XX in "http://www.gran-turismo.com/XX/...", if it's japanese, do "jp" -> "us".

Are there any events planned on Wednesday or Thursday european evening/ american afternoon? :confused:
I'm available.:)

I will be unavailable on Wednesday and Thursday. :( But it's not hard to host a casual Shuffle Surprise yourself. 💡

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday 1 April 2015
2:30pm US EDT / 11:30am US PDT / 7:30pm BST / 8:30pm CEST / 18:30 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series 21 -- Event 1
Cars Needed: TVR Tuscan Speed Six, Retro, Hot Hatches, 90s Sports
Race #1: 15 laps @ Daytona // TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00 (heavy damage, 1 pit stop)
**Note! Daytona will be run with the Power Limiter at 80%.**
Race #2: 6 laps @ SSR5 Clubman // Retro
Race #3: 6 laps @ Silverstone National // Retro
Race #4: 4 laps @ Brands Hatch GP // Hot Hatches
Race #5: 4 laps @ Laguna Seca // Hot Hatches
Race #6: 5 laps @ Willow Springs: Big Willow // 90s
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Room is now open for warm-up and connexion bug squishing. :P

Done, good racing. Thanks for showing up, peeps! And thanks again tarn for taking the reins after my disco interlude. :D

I'll finish the schedule for the next two events as soon as I have those prize picks. ;)

Last edited:
That happens to me sometimes when i follow links to the events or log in for the first time.
Does it ever happen to you in GT6 when looking in Community> Club events? Maybe I'll have to actually check post #2 or whichever one it is that 's supposed to have the events.

Back