Makeshift Shuffle Racing - next race day June 17th 9AM GMTOpen 

• Thread starter gkgamer
  • 3 comments
Japan
R246
gkgamer
Greetings everyone,

I've been trying to revive the defunct Makeshift Shuffle racing that was put together by an active community of dedicated members back in the GT6 days.
The format was created to try and emulate the Shuffle racing option that was introduced available in GT5.

The backbone concept is that we race road cars on stock settings, but you don't choose your car, the car model is picked from the selected car list based on your previous race finishing position.

We have a large & solid group of mostly Oceania and Asia based racers of all skill levels; but since we usually mostly race on weekdays, and maybe because of the relatively high Cr. starting cost of this format, turnout has been a bit low.

This format is more fun when the entry numbers are on the higher side, so if anyone reading this finds it interesting or appealing, please get in touch with me here or on PSN.

The car lists are available here:

the lists orders are still being tested, it's still in progress.

FF performance, Euro FR Coupes, Midship & Rear
Tsukuba Circuit_.jpegNürburgring Sprint_.jpeg
High Speed Ring_.jpeg

Last edited:
The backbone concept is that we race road cars on stock settings, but you don't choose your car, the car model is picked from the selected car list based on your previous race finishing position.
Sounds like the Kerfuffle; you're welcome to try that if you like, although it's a fixed spread of 30 cars and I haven't updated from GT Sport to GT7 (though all of the cars on the list are still in GT7, it might be nice to add some new ones).

The Kerfuffle takes into account your previous race and overall points standings (giving slight weighting to more recent race finishes), and won't let you drive the same car in two successive races. After about five races it's got everyone worked out and from race eight onwards it's just nuts.

Although it doesn't like people who are excessively slow... or fast, but the most recent change I made also takes race time into account (as well as DNFs) and I'm pretty sure it became sentient at that point because the stuff it does is properly mad. I'd never do some of the things it suggests, but it works.

I also made one that added and removed power/weight from fixed cars, but it never seemed to work quite right (probably because slow people crashed a lot and got more power so just crashed quicker).

Sounds like the Kerfuffle; you're welcome to try that if you like, although it's a fixed spread of 30 cars and I haven't updated from GT Sport to GT7 (though all of the cars on the list are still in GT7, it might be nice to add some new ones).

The Kerfuffle takes into account your previous race and overall points standings (giving slight weighting to more recent race finishes), and won't let you drive the same car in two successive races. After about five races it's got everyone worked out and from race eight onwards it's just nuts.

Although it doesn't like people who are excessively slow... or fast, but the most recent change I made also takes race time into account (as well as DNFs) and I'm pretty sure it became sentient at that point because the stuff it does is properly mad. I'd never do some of the things it suggests, but it works.

I also made one that added and removed power/weight from fixed cars, but it never seemed to work quite right (probably because slow people crashed a lot and got more power so just crashed quicker).
I have to admit I had forgotten about Kerfuffle, certainly because I barely put a fourth of my GT5/6 playtime on GTS, my bad.
I'm going to check that thread right now, thanks for the reminder.
I've implemented a couple of extra rules as well to try and adjust the formula for the top and bottom-tier drivers.
But I'd be lying if I pretended that they solved the problem.
Mainly: 2 wins in a row get you a -1 car as 2 last places in a row get you a +1,
3 wins get you a lower grade tire compound as 3 losses grant you a higher one.

I'm pretty sure it became sentient at that point because the stuff it does is properly mad. I'd never do some of the things it suggests, but it works.
Yes, I remember. You didn't argue with it. Well if you did it'd give you a duff car. It became AI before it was fashionable. Chatuffle?

Hi @gkgamer 👋 Been awhile.

Back