Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

That's freezing! Was that the lowest temperature for the day? Today's highest temperature here is 86 F, and on Saturday it's gonna reach 111 F.

Perth, Western Australia. The CUBE races yesterday was at 3am here :lol:
You stayed up until 3am?! Isn't it like summer in Australia right now?

Lucky. You guys must be closer to the middle of the us because school keeps getting cancelled and its because of this polar vortex isn't it? I live right on the outside of the polar vortex in New York. No cancellations for me!!:grumpy:
I think the deal is that we're used to near-polar-vortex stuff up here in the Northeast. So it being a bit colder wasn't such a big deal, because we're already prepared for cold.
My husband said he heard on the radio that a lot of schools in the south were cancelled because the extreme cold is not something people in those parts of the country are "used to" - so most people aren't prepared for it.
For example, in a southern state, school children may not even OWN heavy coats & gloves & scarfs, because they don't need such things very often, and what parent is going to buy outwear that kids will maybe not wear at all, and then grow out of the next year? There's no point in buying a big heavy winter coat if you only get cold weather 1 or 2 days a year.
So if there's very cold weather, it could be dangerous to have little children standing at bus stops in the morning for 20 minutes perhaps with not enough proper outerwear. So that's why some school districts just closed for the day, to make sure nobody was out in the cold too long unprepared or unaware how dangerous it is. (Particularly for little hands & little ears!)

It was REALLY cold & windy yesterday. I was outside for less than 5 minutes yesterday afternoon when it was about 6°F, without gloves & my hands started to hurt.

For example, a temperature of 0°F and a wind speed of 15 mph creates a wind chill temperature of -19°F. Under these conditions frost bite can occur in just 30 minutes.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-...frostbite-or-hypothermia-2014-1#ixzz2pp5mc6IG

I remember there was a blizzard in 1993. We got 2 feet of snow in PA, and obviously a lot shut down for a couple of days. But my parents at the time lived in Knoxville Tennessee. They got less than 2 inches of snow. However, my parents were the only people in their neighborhood with snow shovels (because they'd moved from Maine!) Their neighbors came out & looked at them shoveling their driveway like they were using some bizarre alien technology. :lol:
Everything closed down in Knoxville because of an inch of snow - because nobody had any way of dealing with it. In some parts of the country, they don't have the regular stuff to deal with snow & ice - like salt & cinder trucks & snow plows. So if they get unusual weather, nobody's prepared for it, like we are in the northeast.

You guys have school during January? Hm must be different over here in Australia.
When does the Australian school year run? (When are your holidays?)

Can we change the wheels, or they have to be standard?

You shouldn't change the rims at all on the Luxury Cars.
(There's a link in the OP about that.)

With the Vintage Cars and the Low Power cars:
You can get custom STANDARD rims.
And you can paint them.
But you can't upgrade the rims, or the car won't fit into "Tuning Prohibited".

However, my parents were the only people in their neighborhood with snow shovels (because they'd moved from Maine!) Their neighbors came out & looked at them shoveling their driveway like they were using some bizarre alien technology. :lol:

Alien technology!:lol:

I grew up in New Hampshire, so we had plenty of snow when I was a kid. Perhaps if we had lived in Tennessee, I could have pulled out that line when my parents asked me to shovel some snow. "Sorry, I'm unable to properly use that alien technology":D

GTsail from snowy and cold Massachusetts:)

You stayed up until 3am?! Isn't it like summer in Australia right now?

Yep, it went from 3am to 5am. After that i slept a lot :lol:
And yes it's summer time, the air conditioning has been ramped up. A lot of bush fires have been happening here too.

6 week holiday during December/January, and three 2 week holiday intervals for the rest of the year.

I think the deal is that we're used to near-polar-vortex stuff up here in the Northeast. So it being a bit colder wasn't such a big deal, because we're already prepared for cold.
My husband said he heard on the radio that a lot of schools in the south were cancelled because the extreme cold is not something people in those parts of the country are "used to" - so most people aren't prepared for it.
For example, in a southern state, school children may not even OWN heavy coats & gloves & scarfs, because they don't need such things very often, and what parent is going to buy outwear that kids will maybe not wear at all, and then grow out of the next year? There's no point in buying a big heavy winter coat if you only get cold weather 1 or 2 days a year.
So if there's very cold weather, it could be dangerous to have little children standing at bus stops in the morning for 20 minutes perhaps with not enough proper outerwear. So that's why some school districts just closed for the day, to make sure nobody was out in the cold too long unprepared or unaware how dangerous it is. (Particularly for little hands & little ears!)

It was REALLY cold & windy yesterday. I was outside for less than 5 minutes yesterday afternoon when it was about 6°F, without gloves & my hands started to hurt.

I remember there was a blizzard in 1993. We got 2 feet of snow in PA, and obviously a lot shut down for a couple of days. But my parents at the time lived in Knoxville Tennessee. They got less than 2 inches of snow. However, my parents were the only people in their neighborhood with snow shovels (because they'd moved from Maine!) Their neighbors came out & looked at them shoveling their driveway like they were using some bizarre alien technology. :lol:
Everything closed down in Knoxville because of an inch of snow - because nobody had any way of dealing with it. In some parts of the country, they don't have the regular stuff to deal with snow & ice - like salt & cinder trucks & snow plows. So if they get unusual weather, nobody's prepared for it, like we are in the northeast.

This is so true. Places that don't get a lot of snow are just helpless when they do get snow

Yep, it went from 3am to 5am. After that i slept a lot :lol:
And yes it's summer time, the air conditioning has been ramped up. A lot of bush fires have been happening here too.

6 week holiday during December/January, and three 2 week holiday intervals for the rest of the year.
So you have summer break during our winter and we have summer break during your winter. Is it cold during your winter like during July and August? Oh an by the way it's not normally this cold in New York even during winter. It's because of this so called polar vortex.

I will be attending today if I can.
At first I thought you meant if you could, your real life schedule permitting.
Then I realized, after yesterday with the sign-up being full, you might be asking if we're full up for today.
We are NOT full up today, so on this end, @Chiochan , yes, you may join, if your schedule permits!!
:cheers:

Isn't the 15th a Wednesday? There is no race on Wednesday next week but there is one Thursday next week.👍
Oh, must be the 16th. (it says the 15th on the schedule)

Thanks, good catch.
I've corrected the error in the schedule posts.
I may have been looking at a calender that started on Sunday or Monday, or thought I was, when I did that. :dunce:

I know this isn't really my job but :) is there anyone else other than the 7 people signed up today who will also be racing in the shuffle today?

:lol:
Good question. Get people to pipe up that they're coming. :D

And I have a job for you. ^^ LOL
I'm going to be putting it out for a poll, soliciting participants' favourite tracks, for inclusion in the Luxury Cars list races.
What I want you to do is help collate them, and we'll track them in a private conversation (the private message system) thread together. Okay?
I'll start the conversation once I post the way we're going to take suggestions.
Are you up for that job? ^^ :)
If so I'll let you know how to proceed.

Well I had fun even though it wasn't my best performance. You guys were great out there and I hope I'll see some of you tomorrow! Ill be late AGAIN!!:ouch:

Apart from the mysterious lag, there was some great racing today. I was magnetically attracted to the Alfa Spider and Marcos, but that was due to the tracks being biased towards handling with most being tight and twisty. Fun though. Can't complain.

@daddyo845 that number I posted was a secret code. :mischievous:

Yeah I can't recall @John Wells ever having a problem with lag. Which is why at first I figured it was just a poor handshake & it would clear up like it sometimes does by rejoining the lobby.
May have been just a one off with the internet service today.
Or maybe there's something funky with PSN the past couple days. Who knows.

Oh, for those who may have noticed, I accidentally put us on Cape Ring South instead of Cape Ring Inside. :dunce:
I don't know why I did that. What's funnier is that I was looking at the map thinking -that doesn't look right. :lol: But then just ignored it. :boggled:
No big deal though I guess.

Just kidding about that number. It was the room number of the lobby. ;)

Yeah actually did notice that when I checked the race list I was like wait what? Yeah could be something up with psn though.

PENALTY SYSTEM

Just so we're clear on how post-race penalties work.
It's in place of the in-game penalty system, and to enforce the rules & be fair.

Refer to the Rules in the Opening Post, and the list things "Prohibited".

FOR SPRINT RACES IN POINTS SERIES & CUPS

Failure to make contact concessions:
- offending driver will be, in the race results, placed below the driver they should've made concession to in the race
- Time equivalent to a reduction of one position if the offending driver finished after the driver they should've made concession to
- 1pt penalty if the offending driver finished last place

Anything in the prohibited conduct list:
- 1 to 10 pt penalty depending on the severity, or how avoidable it is, or how many times it occurred

FOR INDIVIDUAL ENDURANCE RACES OR LONGER RACES IN POINTS SERIES OR CUPS

Failure to make contact concessions:
- offending driver will be, in the race results, placed below the driver they should've made concession to in the race
- Time equivalent to a reduction of one position if the offending driver finished after the driver they should've made concession to
- 1pt penalty if the offending driver finished last place in a points series/cup

Anything in the prohibited conduct list:
- 2 to 120 second penalty depending on the severity, or how avoidable it is, or how many times it occurred

Pit Stop Related Penalties:

The in-game mandatory pit stop setting will be used for races with mandatory pit stops, and any penalty incurred through it is applied.
If a driver is found to have failed to conduct a legal pit stop, a 40 second penalty will be incurred, on top of any in-game pit stop penalties incurred.
For fairness on tracks with long pits, and to deter gaming of the in-game pit stop penalty system.

Mandatory Pit Stop(s): The legal pit stop(s) that must be made during the race, before the final lap.
Legal Pit Stop: When you go into the pit, and your pit crew changes your tires.
Drive-through Pit Stop: When you go into the pit, but are just driven through without stopping with your pit crew. (This does not count as a legal pit stop, even though the in-game system may treated so..)

TO AVOID OR LESSEN PENALTIES

These are things you can do to lessen the severity of post-race penalties, and in some cases avoid a penalty altogether:
  • Make a concession by giving the spot back that you gained or would've gained by your infraction, as soon as it is safe to do so without impeding other drivers.
  • Lift throttle to self-penalize in the race, to compensate for any time gained from your infraction, as soon as it is safe to do so without impeding other drivers.
  • Report your own infraction, if you failed to self-penalize or make a concession in the race.
Penalties are part of racing, of course, and everyone can get penalties from time to time, including drivers who are usually clean.

Now, if a driver is found to actually be driving dirty, deliberately, that's another matter entirely.
That driver runs the risk of being banned, and will not be allowed to participate again for at least 1 month, and only after submitting a 2 paragraph essay on why we have rules, and why they're important, to fellow racers, to petition for being allowed to race again.
(This is known as "The Essay Penalty".)

Last edited:
Yeah I know your probably aiming this at me and you know what I don't mind. I understand why there are rules and I usually race clean but I had an off day as we all do because you know what, we are humans and we all make mistakes. I will try to improve and not make these mistakes again tomorrow. I want to apologize to temuster in particular. I'm sorry for that incident on autumn ring. I just lost control and I'm sorry for being in your way at the wrong time.

Oh geez. :ouch:
Sorry @daddyo845 I didn't mean it as directed at anyone!!

I was making it a separate post in order to link it from the first page under the rules. 👍

Yeah you get a penalty, but I wasn't making a deal out of that... But I wanted to post it so that nobody was confused about race results. And it's linked on the OP now.

Sorry, I probably should've posted it AFTER posting the results.

So you have summer break during our winter and we have summer break during your winter. Is it cold during your winter like during July and August? Oh an by the way it's not normally this cold in New York even during winter. It's because of this so called polar vortex.

Nah it doesn't get very cold, hence it has never snowed here before. There is a lot of rainfall though during winter, and a high humid environment at times.

Back