Making money online while sight seeing

United States
Port Washington
GTP_skeeter23
So it seems that the races in GTA basically pay out in terms of time=$x. I like checking out the various areas and regions of the game I'm not yet familiar with or looking at others in closer detail. I decided all this time spent should pay me something.

What I do now is find a land race (or air race if you want to see it from above) that is on a fairly short course near the area I want to look around in. I run the first lap stopping short of actually crossing the finish line, and then I drive off to the area I want to explore.

Now, I am doing this by myself so my time is not limited by anyone trying to win the race. The top payout seems to cap off at around the 8min mark so for max efficiency once you get to 8-10min of cruising around in an area I just respawn, finish the race, and repeat.

It's only netting me about $950/minute ($57,000/hr) and 100rp/min, but it's a heck of a lot better than just driving around and getting nothing! Plus you have the added bonus of no traffic if you want, almost any kind of car you want to drive, and nobody shooting at you if you accidentally do something to make them mad. The only bummer is not being able to get out of the car or take pics :(

I think in addition this can be an "ok" way to build up some RP and $ for beginners or players who just want some "easy" cash without any trouble.

Anyone else do this? I'd love to get a few friends in on it as well to increase the payouts even more. Maybe start a sort of "LS $/RP Tours" thing LOL

Edit: Come to think of it, is there any sort of race or job I could setup that would allow me to get out of the car to take pics, by myself, and still get paid?

Last edited:
Edit: Come to think of it, is there any sort of race or job I could setup that would allow me to get out of the car to take pics, by myself, and still get paid?

GTA races allow you to get out of your car. Not sure about taking pics though, and it would let people shoot each other and cause chaos.

GTA races allow you to get out of your car. Not sure about taking pics though, and it would let people shoot each other and cause chaos.
I've never been able to get out of the car in a race. How? Triangle doesn't work :confused:

I've never been able to get out of the car in a race. How? Triangle doesn't work :confused:

They have to be GTA races (the ones with weapons and powerups allowed), not just regular races. I'm pretty sure you can get out of your car in those.

They have to be GTA races (the ones with weapons and powerups allowed), not just regular races. I'm pretty sure you can get out of your car in those.
Are those the R* "Certified" ones? Or a different setting in creator?

Are those the R* "Certified" ones? Or a different setting in creator?

No, it should be a setting in the lobby when you host a race, e.g. for a Point to Point race you would get Point to Point, Point to Point GTA, Point to Point Rally and Point to Point Non-Contact. You would want the Point to Point GTA if you wanted to let players exit their vehicles.

No, it should be a setting in the lobby when you host a race, e.g. for a Point to Point race you would get Point to Point, Point to Point GTA, Point to Point Rally and Point to Point Non-Contact. You would want the Point to Point GTA if you wanted to let players exit their vehicles.
Interesting... I'll have to give that a try, thanks :)

Yeah tried it tonight and indeed I can get out of the car and cause all sort of havoc with traffic on.

Can't take photos though :(

Isn't there a cap on payout / time. Like ten minutes and you make the max?
Yep. Mentioned that in the OP ;)

Also I've discovered that after a point the payout actually starts going back down. Although it was like 40 minutes lol. I got preoccupied in a intersection killing ALL traffic. Certainly relieved my bad mood :sly:

Back