Making of GT5 !!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter DoctorFouad
  • 15 comments
  • 3,079 views
Messages
252
Hi everyone,

I noticed there is no thread about the making of GT5 eventhough we know by now a lot of things concerning the GT5 development process, so I thought it would be a good idea if we could put and organize all those informations about how GT5 was developed in one place.

so if anyone has any material related to GT5 development process, it would be great to share it in this thread !

Informations, Data, Photos and videos are all welcome ! For credibility, please include a link to any information you provide here.

Examples :

- Polyphony Digital used 500 000 polygons to model GT5 premium cars

Source : an interview with kazunori yamauchi

Kazunori Yamauchi : “We had maybe 300 polygons in a car in the first game. Now we have about 500,000 polygons in each car. Back then, pieces of the car were more like symbols. Now they are real and reflect light.”

http://venturebeat.com/2010/01/14/gran-turismos-creator-takes-a-fifth-stab-at-a-perfect-racing-game/


- Gran Turismo 5 took exactly 2000 days of development time

Source : an Interview with kazunori yamauchi by autoweek
Kazunori Yamauchi : “It’s not something that we can talk that lightly on. It took 2,000 days to get all the ideas that went into GT5. It’s just too early to be talking about GT6.”

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20101103/SEMA/101109948#ixzz14JXJLuf9
 
2000 days = 285 weeks = 5.4 years (just under 5 1/2 years). Wow.. when you think about all those numbers, it really is mind boggling. Makes you appreciate the hard work they've put into it. Better be worth it. :)

Edit: See, I am good at maths. Even fixed up the mistake I made to prove I'm really not perfect like everyone else.
 
Last edited:
not to be rude .. but i'll care more about the making of gt5 when i'm playing it :yuck: plus right now im to mad at those losers at Sony.. for what there doing with gt5.. :crazy:
 
2000 hrs = 285 weeks = 5.4 years (just under 5 1/2 years). Wow.. when you think about all those numbers, it really is mind boggling. Makes you appreciate the hard work they've put into it. Better be worth it. :)

Edit: See, I am good at maths.

Uhmm....2000 days? (if it's 2000hrs, then....no, your maths are still fail.) :)
 
Why not post this stuff in the news and interview thread?
 
I would really like to see a feature-length documentary available for download next year on the EPIC process of bringing this game to market.
 
I feel bad for those who have been waiting since GT5 was announced and the pain those gamers suffered while waiting.

Personally, I came in October 2010 and thats when I started zeroing in the GT5 news and whatnot, only to be hit with a delay for November 2nd. Now I'm waiting and so are the others, but those who have been waiting since the beginning have suffered the most.
 
I feel bad for those who have been waiting since GT5 was announced and the pain those gamers suffered while waiting.

Personally, I came in October 2010 and thats when I started zeroing in the GT5 news and whatnot, only to be hit with a delay for November 2nd. Now I'm waiting and so are the others, but those who have been waiting since the beginning have suffered the most.

When you say you "came in" October do you mean just got into Gran Turismo? Welcome to the crew, lad!
 
When you say you "came in" October do you mean just got into Gran Turismo? Welcome to the crew, lad!

Oh no, I've been playing the series since the first one came out. It's just that I haven't really been up to date with Gran Turismo 5 till now so really I've been waiting a month or two for the game while the others have been waiting for 5 years.
 
I would really like to see a feature-length documentary available for download next year on the EPIC process of bringing this game to market.
I think some type of live Q & A session with developers would be fun. What cars were particularly challenging to model or set the performance math for, etc. It will also be interesting to hear some of the insider details on the manufacturer licensing agreements - eg. who were the prick companies to work with, who were fun, etc. Of course those details would never be made public but would still be fun to know.
 
Thread title makes it sound like actually have something to share with people about the making of GT5. Kinda' misleading...
 
I feel bad for those who have been waiting since GT5 was announced and the pain those gamers suffered while waiting.

Personally, I came in October 2010 and thats when I started zeroing in the GT5 news and whatnot, only to be hit with a delay for November 2nd. Now I'm waiting and so are the others, but those who have been waiting since the beginning have suffered the most.

Yer me too! I was so hyped for November 2nd release, that I bought a DFGT and I normally stick with a pad for racing games. It's still in the box till GT5 gets in my PS3. My first full GT game!!! :dopey:
 
Thread title makes it sound like actually have something to share with people about the making of GT5. Kinda' misleading...

+1

Using explanation marks indicates you've got news or something new to say.

I'm outta here.
 
Back