Making the Plunge into Sim Rigs

United States
United States
Hello everyone!

I have been a longtime lurker and now have dove head first into the world of sim rigs. There are a number of things that I have settled on including, the stand, gear and size of screens. I would like some opinions before I dive into this. I'm coming from a G27 hooked to a desk with a 24 inch monitor so this stuff below is like state of the art.

Rig stand: I think I've decided to go with the Motedis sim rig. I would love everyone's thoughts on this. This will also include the monitor stand for the triple screen setup. If anyone has used this, I'd love your feedback!!

Seat: I have no idea. I might try to find something on marketplace but I'm most likely going to look for a bucket seat.

Gear:

CSL DD READY2RACE BUNDLE FOR PC (8 NM) -Possibly looking to buy the 5 NM so I can handle my own power supply to make it 8 NM.

CSL LOAD CELL KIT

CLUBSPORT SHIFTER SQ V 1.5

Monitors: I would like to go with a 32" triple setup. I don't want to spend too much on monitors to be honest. I guess I should preface this with my computer stats first to see if 32" monitors are even doable.

ASUS - ROG Gaming Desktop

Intel Core i7-12700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 - 1TB HDD + 512GB SSD

So yea that's pretty much it. Hopefully I didn't forget anything. Please be harsh, I'd rather get this right the first time so I'm not backpedaling and dishing out even more money.

Do you already own the computer, or is that the one you are thinking about buying ?

Reason I ask is because that is a rather old CPU, and the GPU is not really good either, especially if you are thinking about a 3 screen setup.

Last edited:
Do you already own the computer, or is that the one you are thinking about buying ?

Reason I ask is because that is a rather old CPU, and the GPU is not really good either, especially if you are thinking about a 3 screen setup.
This is a computer that I bought about a year ago but I'm willing to upgrade if I have to. I'm mainly planning to play iRacing which I haven't ran into problems just yet.

In regards to the triple setup, I'm leaning towards getting 32" 1440p monitors and then I can drop that down to 1080p if I have to. Same with the hz.

Yeah ok. If you already have the PC, I guess it will work for a start, then you can upgrade it later if you feel the needs to do so.

Back