Managing Hybrid Boost on older LMP1s? Yes you can!

Italy
Italy
Il_Conte_Sky
An annoying disadvantage the original LMP1 class has over the newer Spirit of Le Mans 2016 LMP1s is that you can't really manage your Hybrid boost like on the newer category cars.
It's throttle dependent, so you either use it in disadvantageous zones of the track (Ex: before Tertre Rouge at Le Mans) or you have to carefully coast with the throttle and lose precious tenths in the process.
But what if I tell you that you can manage your Hybrid boost like in the 2016 cars with virtual to none time loss?

Just open your ICM Menu while driving and play with the Fuel maps
Rich = Full Hybrid deploy
Medium = Medium Hybrid deploy
Lean = No Hybrid deploy

This happens because the Fuel map cuts off your throttle input (100% with rich, 95% with Medium, 90% with Lean) and 90% is exactly where the threshold for the Hybrid boost to activate is!
So with this you can run Hybrid-free and lose as little time as possible, and it's extremely useful for saving the boost in undesired zones of the track while optimizing your throttle input, and then release huge power in the next straight!!

Example here on the Marek:

Hope this is helpful! Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:
An annoying disadvantage the original LMP1 class has over the newer Spirit of Le Mans 2016 LMP1s is that you can't really manage your Hybrid boost like on the newer category cars.
It's throttle dependent, so you either use it in disadvantageous zones of the track (Ex: before Tertre Rouge at Le Mans) or you have to carefully coast with the throttle and lose precious tenths in the process.
But what if I tell you that you can manage your Hybrid boost like in the 2016 cars with virtual to none time loss?

Just open your ICM Menu while driving and play with the Fuel maps
Rich = Full Hybrid deploy
Medium = Medium Hybrid deploy
Lean = No Hybrid deploy

This happens because the Fuel map cuts off your throttle input (100% with rich, 95% with Medium, 90% with Lean) and 90% is exactly where the threshold for the Hybrid boost to activate is!
So with this you can run Hybrid-free and lose as little time as possible, and it's extremely useful for saving the boost in undesired zones of the track while optimizing your throttle input, and then release huge power in the next straight!!

Example here on the Marek:

Hope this is helpful! Cheers! :cheers:

so this means that on the curvy/slower parts you should set it to Poor, and on the long fast straights we use it as Rich??

I think it might work on some circuits like Le Mans but trying to use the ICM too often would likely make you slower on many tracks due to the distraction it causes.

Either way, helpful tip!

so this means that on the curvy/slower parts you should set it to Poor, and on the long fast straights we use it as Rich??
It's very situational, it works best if you have a short straight/full throttle zone before a much longer one, there you can save your boost, make the corner and unleash the power on the longer straight, gaining massive speed for a longer period of time in the process.
Examples are before Tertre Rouge at Le Mans, and after Mini Karussel before the final straight at the Nordshleife

I think it might work on some circuits like Le Mans but trying to use the ICM too often would likely make you slower on many tracks due to the distraction it causes.

Either way, helpful tip!

Absolutely, in the 2 hours race following that qualifying lap I'd often forget to do the trick, so by all means use it only if you're comfortable with it

We stopped using these car in our league once it was discovered you could be faster if you dragged the brake a little round significant parts of many tracks. This causes the hybrid to be topped up all the time giving you more deploy than you otherwise would have.

That is just so unrealistic and stupid that we moved on to a different car.

We stopped using these car in our league once it was discovered you could be faster if you dragged the brake a little round significant parts of many tracks. This causes the hybrid to be topped up all the time giving you more deploy than you otherwise would have.

That is just so unrealistic and stupid that we moved on to a different car.
Ok, I guess

Back