Mansory to build their own supercar, the Mourinho.

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 19 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
original.jpg

Mansory, the German tuning firm most known for ruining Ferraris and making Lamborghinis more evil than they already are, has decided to build a supercar of its very own. Called the Mourinho, it's got the expertise of a footie coach and a "private social club" that likes jewelry behind it. Ooh boy.

The car puts out 750 horses and the body is made of carbon fiber, because of course it is. Only 11 are going to be produced, and this teaser image is all we've gotten so far.

In case you haven't surmised it already, it's called the Mourinho after Jose Mourinho, the former gym teacher and current manager of English Premiership soccer team Chelsea. He has apparently decided that he wants a car of "perfect comfort and class" that mixes "the best of Ferrari and Aston Martin," so he's turned to the insane people at Mansory to make it happen, along with Raff House.

What's Raff House, you ask? Raff House is a private club "for the lovers of high watchmaking, jewelry and gastronomy," based in Moscow, of all places, because of course it is as well.

Mourinho explained his desire for the car on the Raff House website:

I can see myself driving this car to a big game, adrenaline filling my system, as I'm trying to get to the stadium as soon as possible, wishing for the game to start.

To recap: We have the dream vehicle of a soccer coach who is focused on not the car but the game, it's supported by a group of people who really appreciate a good necklace, and it's all going to be built by the people who make cars that look like they're about to puke.
Jalopnik

Someone call the UN cuz that's gonna be a crime against humanity. This'll redefine the standards of what's vulgar and pompous.

What annoys me the most is that the imbecile behind Mansory must look at all the feedback all over the internet and think he's some kind of misunderstood genius or something like that. It takes a morbidly obese ego to keep doing what the guys at Mansory are doing despit tons of heavy criticism.

If you only make 11 of something, does it really count?

This is the precise reason why I (personally) hate supercars.

Most of the private car designer/builders are going bankrupt and they decided to build one?

The rear kind of looks like a Carrera GT (or generic Porsche).

Who wants to bet that it isn't their own car at all but a tuned Porsche with horrible body kit?

11 examples for Chelsea's starting 11? I can't imagine anyone else would be willing to drive "The Special One" unless Jose himself likes the idea of driving around in something named after... himself.

Shaping up to be just as ugly as one might expect from Mansory. Possibly uglier since they're not so limited by existing sub-structure.

Latest Posts

Back