Manual Gearbox on Dual Shock 3 issue

Messages
49
Messages
CardiffGiant11
Perhaps I'm just a moron, but for the life of me something seems wrong when using a Manual Gearbox with the Dual Shock 3.

In past GT games that I've played (GT1, 2, and 3) when you press the upshift button on the controller it goes sequentially into the next gear. In GT5, it seems like it'll sometimes shift up two gears (i.e. 3-5th) and I can't figure out why. I'm not holding the button or anything but it's VERY annoying. Is there some setting I'm missing? Any ideas? It's driving my nuts and I'm driving an automatic which is no fun!
 
I haven't had a chance to play yet, however I read that you can damage the gearbox and whatnot in the game. So you may have done that therefore the car won't gear properly.
 
I'm using a Dualshock 3 and manual gears , i have not had this problem
 
Perhaps you should try assigning the gear up and down to different buttons - I use square and triangle and the triggers for accelerate and braking. If it works ok using other buttons then at least you will know its the controller thats the problem. Could the buttons be sticking? Good luck sir!
 
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I tried assigning the gear up/down to the L1/R1 buttons and the same thing happened. I'll have to experiment with mapping it to some of the other buttons to see if the issue continues.
 
Perhaps I'm just a moron, but for the life of me something seems wrong when using a Manual Gearbox with the Dual Shock 3.

In past GT games that I've played (GT1, 2, and 3) when you press the upshift button on the controller it goes sequentially into the next gear. In GT5, it seems like it'll sometimes shift up two gears (i.e. 3-5th) and I can't figure out why. I'm not holding the button or anything but it's VERY annoying. Is there some setting I'm missing? Any ideas? It's driving my nuts and I'm driving an automatic which is no fun!


My personal fix, since I also play FM3, was to set op the dual shock like my 360 controller. It seems to allow for easy shifting more throttle control, but the trigger is still to sensitive for 0 abs to be useful for me anyway.
heres the set up:

R2= throttle
L2= Brakes
X= up shift
Square= downshift
Right analog stick is set to look left/right, but make sure to set up and down to n/a or when you look left and right you will also brake or accelerate on accident. Good Luck hope this helps.
 
Tried remapping the accelerator and brake to L2 R2 and they didn't work and I also had the same gear change issue when I had the shifting buttons mapped to Square and X. I then set the controls back to the default and plugged my DS3 into the PS3 with a long USB cord and it worked fine. I'll have to test it again wirelessly but it seems that was the issue.
 
Latest update, it seems that I still have the issue with "sticky" gear shift buttons if I start the PS3 up with the controller wireless even if I subsequently connect it via a the USB cable. If I start it up with the USB cable connected to the controller it works fine wired and wirelessly. My brother also has a PS3 Slim so I think I will bring it to his place and see if we can replicate it with his PS3/DS3 and my DS3 doing a 2 player mode. In the meantime though I can't help but think this is a bug. Luckily my Driving Force GT should be getting here shortly so using a wired solution won't be a big deal for me.
 
Back