Manual not working with g29

• Thread starter Kivz
  • 13 comments
Australia
Australia
Sorry if this has been asked before but I have done a search and found nothing. So I just got ps5, g29 and Gran turismo 7. I tried manual last night and it doesn’t work with the paddle shift but when I change over to ps5 controller it does shift up and down and the paddles do work when I use it as L1 or L2.
I even tried remapping the buttons to have shift up as triangle and shift down as circle and still doesn’t work. Has anyone came across this or has any suggestions?

Have you got the switch on the top of the wheel set to PS4?

Check your settings too - mine are attached

Attachments

• IMG_7718.jpg
    IMG_7718.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 52
Yeah it’s set on ps4 and my settings are very similar just a couple of differences

Attachments

• 855BCE61-9F4E-48FB-B8DD-0271ED3C338C.jpeg
    855BCE61-9F4E-48FB-B8DD-0271ED3C338C.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 29
So you're just bouncing off the rev-limiter when driving with the wheel and MT?

Last edited:
Not sure, mine are working fine.

BUT, I tried to use my stick shift today with the 787B (since the real thing is a stick shift) and it wasn't working at all. Clutch pedal doesn't do anything and the shifter doesn't do anything. Really odd... first time i've noticed that. Haven't troubelshot it yet... hopefully it was just an anomaly but first thing I thought of when it happened was this thread. My flappy paddles still work, though.

BUT, I tried to use my stick shift today with the 787B (since the real thing is a stick shift) and it wasn't working at all.
Did you install a fully customizable racing transmission?

Not sure, mine are working fine.

BUT, I tried to use my stick shift today with the 787B (since the real thing is a stick shift) and it wasn't working at all. Clutch pedal doesn't do anything and the shifter doesn't do anything. Really odd... first time i've noticed that. Haven't troubelshot it yet... hopefully it was just an anomaly but first thing I thought of when it happened was this thread. My flappy paddles still work, though.
I’ve wondered if it’ll work with a stick shift connected but I don’t particularly want to buy one. Logitech support are useless when it came to this too

Did you install a fully customizable racing transmission?
Nope. 100% stock 787B. It was within a Daily C... you think the BoP has anything to do with it? It's extra odd that the clutch didn't do anything either as it usually puts the car in N so to speak.

Again, don't spend too much time thinking about it... I've spent zero effort in troublshooting thus far. Might be just a PS5 reboot required or BoP thing... I am hoping next time I play I jump into a TT or something and it's fine.

I bet it's because it was within a Daily, thus BoP, thus clutch/stick was deactivated............ because it makes no sense and is totally something PD would do.

I’ve wondered if it’ll work with a stick shift connected but I don’t particularly want to buy one. Logitech support are useless when it came to this too
I've had my wheel for a few years now and never had an issue with the stick/clutch on GT-Sp or GT 7 until just today. Thinking/hoping it's just due to BoP per above.

Last edited:
Ah yeah, shifters are disabled in daily racing since GTS because iirc you could also just shift without the clutch which gave you quite an advantage over paddle shift and controller players who had (and still have) to suffer from the garbage GT auto-clutch.

Ah yeah, shifters are disabled in daily racing since GTS because iirc you could also just shift without the clutch which gave you quite an advantage over paddle shift and controller players who had (and still have) to suffer from the garbage GT auto-clutch.
Roger that. I did test it last night and it worked fine on 1P.

Back