Manual Transmission toggle in GT7?

United States
United States
Hi, I was a relative noob to GT Sport and just started with GT7. I'm trying to get through all the preliminary presentations and cafe missions and was wondering if I'm missing something. In GT sport there was a toggle to switch to manual transmission before each race. So far I haven't encountered that in GT7. Is that because the cars/races I have access to don't offer manual transmission or am I missing something? The online manual doesn't even have a search feature.

Hi, I was a relative noob to GT Sport and just started with GT7. I'm trying to get through all the preliminary presentations and cafe missions and was wondering if I'm missing something. In GT sport there was a toggle to switch to manual transmission before each race. So far I haven't encountered that in GT7. Is that because the cars/races I have access to don't offer manual transmission or am I missing something? The online manual doesn't even have a search feature.
Make sure the cars you have actually have a clutch manual transmission. If it’s paddle shifters it won’t work my friends good luck!

I was only able to change to manual transmission from settings/assist Settings not sure why it would not be in settings/car settings but it caused me some lost racing timing to figure it out lol I'm sure this helps

Last edited:
Make sure the cars you have actually have a clutch manual transmission. If it’s paddle shifters it won’t work my friends good luck!
Wait so if you have a steering wheel and pedals but no stick shifter I can’t use the paddles to go up and down gears like gt sport ?

Can you use manual setting on all the cars, or do they need top have manual for the setting to work? cause I switched but am using the toyota you get at the beginning so was wondering why it won't switch to manual even though setting is applied to manual

Did you sort this out? because I think I might be having the same issue. I’m in manual mode but I can’t change the gears

Back