Manufacturer Cup S19 - Over before it’s started

United Kingdom
Boston
nscotney
nockscitney
So I’m open to a “you’re just **** mate” comments on this one, but . . . .

I like to try out different cars in the Manufaturer cups. So far I’ve used Porsche and BMW and this time I’ve opted for . . . . Audi.

Went straight into quali for today’s gr4 race being short on time and I knew straight away if made a mistake. Was nowhere in quali (20th) and although I did manage to make up a few places on lap one, I soon was sent right back to the back and I didn’t even finish the race because I was over a minute behind the leader (that’s the first time that happened).

Was it just me driving badly or is the Audi just complete garbage? Luckily my schedule is busy this week so I can only enter 2 races this week and the next one I can do is a GR3 race, so hopefully that will be better than it’s GR4 sister

The TT Cup is one of the most powerful cars in its class in terms of raw pace, just be careful with your front tires.
The R8 isn't that bad, but below mediocrity.

So I’m open to a “you’re just **** mate” comments on this one, but . . . .

I like to try out different cars in the Manufaturer cups. So far I’ve used Porsche and BMW and this time I’ve opted for . . . . Audi.

Went straight into quali for today’s gr4 race being short on time and I knew straight away if made a mistake. Was nowhere in quali (20th) and although I did manage to make up a few places on lap one, I soon was sent right back to the back and I didn’t even finish the race because I was over a minute behind the leader (that’s the first time that happened).

Was it just me driving badly or is the Audi just complete garbage? Luckily my schedule is busy this week so I can only enter 2 races this week and the next one I can do is a GR3 race, so hopefully that will be better than it’s GR4 sister

“you’re just **** mate”

In all seriousness, how can we tell you if it was your driving? You've haven't given us any information on your time, the leaders time, the Dr of you and the field, or a replay? How could we know?

I'm a firm believer you can win in any car. Are some cars disadvantaged? Sure, but no single car should put you off by a margin. So, by what you have given us, I'd guess it was your driving.

“you’re just **** mate”

In all seriousness, how can we tell you if it was your driving? You've haven't given us any information on your time, the leaders time, the Dr of you and the field, or a replay? I'm a firm believer you can win in any car. Are some cars disadvantaged? Sure, but no single car should put you off by a margin.

Well like I said, I’m perfectly happy to hold my hands up and say I’m ****. But I was just no where in this race, which is why I wasnted to pose the question about the car in general. I was hitting the apexes and braking at the absolute limit I could but still the other cars were pulling away from me :irked:

I had the same with the Mitsubishi a couple of seasons ago, the Gr.4 car was dropping half a second on each straight at Suzuka. Gr.3 seems much better balanced for most races.

Cant really say your 🤬 on here, its in the AUP. More like its a place where people will give you a leg up on thing you need help with. If you do feel you are missing a beat, take in what everybody say. Nobodys wrong in what they say.

Well like I said, I’m perfectly happy to hold my hands up and say I’m ****. But I was just no where in this race, which is why I wasnted to pose the question about the car in general. I was hitting the apexes and braking at the absolute limit I could but still the other cars were pulling away from me :irked:

I'd be glad to help if you can provide me with some of this info :)

TT Cup is a Top 5 Group 4 car, the R8 however is ehhhh... not bad at some tracks, but will get totally murdered at others.

I'd be glad to help if you can provide me with some of this info :)

Well normally I’d have had the footage from the manufacturer race, as I upload them to YouTube but I forgot to save the replay for some reason. I’ll remember that next time. What I do remember is from quali, pole hit a 1:48:8 and I could only manage a 1:51:6 @ Dragon Tail.

Starting to think it’s just me in this case though based on your comments

The TT is pretty quick in fairness... it was on the leaderboards over the weekend for group 4. It may be difficult to adjust to though as it is FF so, obviously, understeers.

Edit: oh and you're a **** mate 👍

That may explain a lot . . . . hmmmm

Yeah... for some reason, I can’t drive FF cars. Remember that time Meganes were winning everything? I completely avoided Gr.4 until they fixed it. I tried to use it one time, but I was so off the pace I just went back to Gr.3.

If you still want to drive it though, you should try not braking in the absolute limit, as you said. FF cars tend to have less turn in, so you’re probably better off doing the slow in fast out style.

I kind of take everything I said about it back. I currently using it on the GR4 Nurburgring daily race and actually, it's not too shabby. In hind sight, if I'd have had a bit more practice with the car before the race I'm sure it would have gone better, so I'm holding my hands up completely as the one with the blame. Also, I've pulled out my racing wheel rather than the Pad so that may also be helping somewhat

Well practising with the car today like I said around Nurburgring, my first quali lap was s a 2:10.1. By the time I did my last race with the car, I hit a 2:06.3 in the final race and finished the race in 2nd. Using the wheel helped though as well I’m sure

I kind of take everything I said about it back. I currently using it on the GR4 Nurburgring daily race and actually, it's not too shabby. In hind sight, if I'd have had a bit more practice with the car before the race I'm sure it would have gone better, so I'm holding my hands up completely as the one with the blame. Also, I've pulled out my racing wheel rather than the Pad so that may also be helping somewhat
Just like pedinhuh said about cars, take your time to get used to the control method you like. If you're more comfortable with the pad, stick to it. Same with the wheel. It's hard to switch between the two controls often and keep your pace

But switching from pad to wheel means a lot of practice is needed to get that same pace. Once you get it though....

But before that you’re just **** mate

Well I’m no novice to using the wheel. I just don’t use it very often because it means sitting in a freezing cold room and this time of the year it’s not very nice :nervous:

But racing must go on so I need to man up

Well I’m no novice to using the wheel. I just don’t use it very often because it means sitting in a freezing cold room and this time of the year it’s not very nice :nervous:
Sell the wheel and buy yourself a radiator :)

It's really not a bad car, you just to wait an absolute age before you can put power down :lol: I tried it last night but got fed up with going wide coming out of corners.

Like @Alpha Cipher said...you really want to do some Free Practice before entering a closed 10 minute qualifying session in a car you've never used with an unfamiliar drivetrain

Latest Posts

Back