• 12 comments

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
Was just working on a paint there now and realised only the generic Turn 10, Xbox, Forza (etc) decals are available to apply. The choice was already scant as is it, but I did occasionally use Wilwood, Bridgestone, Sparco and a few others on my cars.

Is this a licensing issue, or perhaps the list is being updated (or even expanded - doubtful)?
I do enjoy making my own, but some of them are damned tough to get right.

Was just working on a paint there now and realised only the generic Turn 10, Xbox, Forza (etc) decals are available to apply. The choice was already scant as is it, but I did occasionally use Wilwood, Bridgestone, Sparco and a few others on my cars.

Is this a licensing issue, or perhaps the list is being updated (or even expanded - doubtful)?
I do enjoy making my own, but some of them are damned tough to get right.

There are less manufacturer decals than you could find in previous titles; I just loaded up the editor again to make sure yesterday’s update didn’t remove any extra and it didn’t.

Manufacturer decal inclusions are based on licensing agreements, or parts of larger agreeements such as the inclusion of cars in the game.

If it helps, I have about 200 logos available that you can use, but if you want to share your design afterwards you’ll have to trace them.

There are less manufacturer decals than you could find in previous titles; I just loaded up the editor again to make sure yesterday’s update didn’t remove any extra and it didn’t.

The only ones I have here are the multitude of Forza, Xbox and Turn 10 variations. There are no manufacturer decals available to me. Ordinarily in Forza 7 I have the aforementioned Bridgestone, Sparco, Wilwood... plus Recaro, Brembo and a handful of others. But they aren't showing at all.

C32CBC55-6CD2-4D43-B77E-BE2E11133926.jpeg

That is all I have available as “manufacturer decals” right now.

Out of curiosity, did you try it with another car that's not a Ferrari?

That's an interesting thought Fred. I can't even check because I've to hit the sack but I bet you're right, this was my first Ferrari paint job on FM7.
I'll report back in the morning...

EDIT: I couldn't wait. You were right, they are only hidden when painting Ferrari for some reason. All loaded up for Ford there no problem.

Last edited:
That's an interesting thought Fred. I can't even check because I've to hit the sack but I bet you're right, this was my first Ferrari paint job on FM7.

EDIT: I couldn't wait. You were right, they are only hidden when painting Ferrari for some reason. All loaded up for Ford there no problem.

That's part of the "fun" of having a prima donna license like Ferrari, they get to choose which feature they want available for their cars and which they don't. In NFS15 you couldn't even put aftermarket wheels on them, so I'm quite surprised the Liberty Bunny kit is still available in FM7 (well at least I think it is)

That's part of the "fun" of having a prima donna license like Ferrari, they get to choose which feature they want available for their cars and which they don't. In NFS15 you couldn't even put aftermarket wheels on them, so I'm quite surprised the Liberty Bunny kit is still available in FM7 (well at least I think it is)

I think all of the kits have gone away :confused:, nothing for the 458, Lambo, etc. except for the FE cars that I can see.

Then it’s definitely a Ferrari licensing issue. Ferrari are notorious for not allowing much customisation of their cars to be shown in videogames.

Then it’s definitely a Ferrari licensing issue. Ferrari are notorious for not allowing much customisation of their cars to be shown in videogames.

And yet...they're still less uppity about it than Toyota now seems to be...

latest

Back