Manufacturer Points Question

United States
Charlotte
carolina1789
So I had the opportunity to do 2 championship races today which is a rarity for me, and long story short I finished 2nd in the first race receiving 528 points while I finished 10th in the second and ended up receiving 386 points. I figured since I performed better in the first event, it would just keep those 528 points for the round but when I go into the rankings it looks like its giving me the results for the last race. Is it just because the final results haven't been finalized for the round yet or have I screwed myself out of a nice chunk of points?

So I had the opportunity to do 2 championship races today which is a rarity for me, and long story short I finished 2nd in the first race receiving 528 points while I finished 10th in the second and ended up receiving 386 points. I figured since I performed better in the first event, it would just keep those 528 points for the round but when I go into the rankings it looks like its giving me the results for the last race. Is it just because the final results haven't been finalized for the round yet or have I screwed myself out of a nice chunk of points?
Yes mate, that's correct.
"It's giving you the results for the last race".

"2. Points earned on the last entered race of the same Round will now count for the Championships rankings.
Until now, the points earned on your best race result out of multiple races in the same Round were counted toward the player's Championships rankings. After this update, only the points earned in the last race a player participated in will count towards the rankings.

This change will come into effect from Wednesday, 30 January."
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/news/00_3166549.html

Yes mate, that's correct.
"It's giving you the results for the last race".

"2. Points earned on the last entered race of the same Round will now count for the Championships rankings.
Until now, the points earned on your best race result out of multiple races in the same Round were counted toward the player's Championships rankings. After this update, only the points earned in the last race a player participated in will count towards the rankings.

This change will come into effect from Wednesday, 30 January."
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/news/00_3166549.html
Dang, I was afraid of that as I was so proud of that finish. It's a painful lesson but a lesson learned nonetheless. Thanks for your help!

Latest Posts

Back