Manufacturers Cup: GR3 Cars being used in GT2-GR4 practice event? How?

United States
United States
World Series-Manufacturers Cup 2023-2024 Exhibition Series: I just did a practice session for round 2- Dragon Trail-Seaside Reverse and I see that GR3 cars are being used in this GT2 class practice event? The Global Ranking leaderboard is full of GR3 cars that have set times my GR4 car can't begin to compete with. I tried to enter this practice session with some of the same GR3 cars that have posted times but it says "you are in violation...can't enter...etc. I'm new to all this so, what am I missing? Can you de-tune a GR3 to GR4? How did these guys get these cars in, and will they be able to use them on race day?

World Series-Manufacturers Cup 2023-2024 Exhibition Series: I just did a practice session for round 2- Dragon Trail-Seaside Reverse and I see that GR3 cars are being used in this GT2 class practice event? The Global Ranking leaderboard is full of GR3 cars that have set times my GR4 car can't begin to compete with. I tried to enter this practice session with some of the same GR3 cars that have posted times but it says "you are in violation...can't enter...etc. I'm new to all this so, what am I missing? Can you de-tune a GR3 to GR4? How did these guys get these cars in, and will they be able to use them on race day?
GT1 league is Gr.3 cars and the leaderboards are shared (for some reason).

I was going to mention this as I am not experienced with DTS in reverse. So wanted some reference points...

Obviously I am GT2 driver for the manufacturers season.

I had to search down the leaderboard to find the quickest GR.4 laptime, and there was no uploaded lap to watch or ghost to save and follow.

Very odd that they split it this way for GT1 and the rest of us but didnt alter the rankings.

PD gonna PD I guess...

Also doesnt help that I stupidly picked Ford which doesnt seem to even be in contention. Anything other than last will be an achievement for me lol...

There's a distinct possibilty there's an easy way to see the top of the GT2,3 leaderboard but I'm too old and thick to find it after a long day at work...

Last edited:
I was going to mention this as I am not experienced with DTS in reverse. So wanted some reference points...

Obviously I am GT2 driver for the manufacturers season.

I had to search down the leaderboard to find the quickest GR.4 laptime, and there was no uploaded lap to watch or ghost to save and follow.

Very odd that they split it this way for GT1 and the rest of us but didnt alter the rankings.

PD gonna PD I guess...

Also doesnt help that I stupidly picked Ford which doesnt seem to even be in contention. Anything other than last will be an achievement for me lol...
Feel your pain pard, that's why I went with Nissan. Couldn't get anything else to run well enough, at least with what few skills I have. I wanted to use any version of Ford GT40, but...

GT1 league is Gr.3 cars and the leaderboards are shared (for some reason).
Ah, I see. I didn't realize GT1 and GT2 shared the same event schedule, newb and all that. Thanks pard.

Nothing to do with you being a newb, it makes actual no sense that the leaderboards are shared.

Unless I am missing something...

Again, I will eat crow if I am being silly and missing something...

I also chose Ford, like I always have but I don't ever remember the GR4 being this far off. I'm hoping they fix it with this update.

Despite not liking GR.4 at the best of times, I have always been relatively comfy with the GR.4 mustang, but not recently. I picked Ford for the GR.3 GT but deffo picked the wrong horse it seems...

Last edited:
Speaking of this, where would one find a demo lap or video, vs just looking at a random driver's ghost car, for guidance? These insane fast guys learned steering/braking/acceleration marks and gear selection through what I assume is years of sim racing. But for me, although I'm an old fart I'm new to sims. I feel like I'm reaching a plateau on driving skills and competing with the insane lap times I've seen will require an altogether higher level of...what? I'm on my third wheel, a G923. With each newer, upgraded and more expensive wheel, I've seen obvious improvements that allow me to milk more performance out of the cars. But even if I splurge 2K on a Fanatec rig, that won't be a significant difference. I'm always 2-4 seconds behind the fastest hundred or so guys on the board. I've maxed out GT7 internally; Gold on all Licenses, Missions, Circuit Experience etc. But that's where my speed progression seems to be ending. If I can't even see what those fast guys are doing in the car, I don't see how I'll ever bridge the gap, and watching ghost cars steadily creep away from me isn't providing the missing piece of the puzzle.

Speaking of this, where would one find a demo lap or video, vs just looking at a random driver's ghost car, for guidance? These insane fast guys learned steering/braking/acceleration marks and gear selection through what I assume is years of sim racing. But for me, although I'm an old fart I'm new to sims. I feel like I'm reaching a plateau on driving skills and competing with the insane lap times I've seen will require an altogether higher level of...what? I'm on my third wheel, a G923. With each newer, upgraded and more expensive wheel, I've seen obvious improvements that allow me to milk more performance out of the cars. But even if I splurge 2K on a Fanatec rig, that won't be a significant difference. I'm always 2-4 seconds behind the fastest hundred or so guys on the board. I've maxed out GT7 internally; Gold on all Licenses, Missions, Circuit Experience etc. But that's where my speed progression seems to be ending. If I can't even see what those fast guys are doing in the car, I don't see how I'll ever bridge the gap, and watching ghost cars steadily creep away from me isn't providing the missing piece of the puzzle.
At some point there is the difference between naturally talented people with practice vs people with practice.
If you are looking for reference points, then picking top ghosts and trying to follow them would be the ultimate solution, I guess.

You can watch the replay of the ghost in the ranking board before entering the TT or practice season, just like you would download a ghost but it's the replay.

You can watch the replay of the ghost in the ranking board before entering the TT or practice season, just like you would download a ghost but it's the replay.
Eureka! Thanks a lot, I finally found it! I've repeatedly heard people say "watch their ghost lap replay".
The many responses were usually like; "what, no you can't", or "you can't watch a replay, just the ghost". No one ever followed up and said "yes you can here's how". Like so many others I could never find a prompt that would allow it because I never clicked on the leaderboard, as you pointed out, before entering. Thanks pard!

Eureka! Thanks a lot, I finally found it! I've repeatedly heard people say "watch their ghost lap replay".
The many responses were usually like; "what, no you can't", or "you can't watch a replay, just the ghost". No one ever followed up and said "yes you can here's how". Like so many others I could never find a prompt that would allow it because I never clicked on the leaderboard, as you pointed out, before entering. Thanks pard!
Glad to be of help! it's easily missed because one assumes it would be just the ghost again.

Latest Posts

Back