Mapping handbrake button on a PS4 controller

• Thread starter ace71
  • 9 comments
Could someone please tell me how to map the handbrake to a button on the PS4 controller? I don't see handbrake listed anywhere? I am using the Directional Buttons option under the Select Steering Controls screen. Thank you.

Could someone please tell me how to map the handbrake to a button on the PS4 controller? I don't see handbrake listed anywhere? I am using the Directional Buttons option under the Select Steering Controls screen. Thank you.
You can map it to a button using the button configuration option in the controller settings page.

Default is usually the circle button.

As for mapping it to a different one, select the GT button in the top-left corner of the main menu and pick options, then controller (with R1) and Wireless Controller 1P. Pick whatever button you want and select "Handbrake":
1670683221152.png

Thanks for the replies. My circle button says E-Brake and when I go to change it, handbrake is not on the list.
That's an American term for handbrake (along with "parking brake").

So, E-brake is handbrake?
Yes. It's a phrase used commonly in the USA. The "e" is short for "emergency", as the handbrake can be used in place of the hydraulic braking system in an emergency - although as it's most often used for parking, it's a bit of an odd term.

That said, some cars have foot-operated handbrakes (particularly Lexuses), so "hand"brake isn't exactly accurate either...

Latest Posts

Back