I lost "Blu Fathom" in a car accident but thankfully my Acura took the brunt of the hit and I came out unscathed!
Of course it was a Total Loss and thus I found myself upgrading to a 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD in April of 2022
And a few lucky months after purchasing this car I had ended up trading up and doing the BIG upgrade to my current car in January 2023, a new 2023 Acura TLX Type-S SH-AWD
- I was able to buy it for MSRP ($57,745)
- Got some accessories thrown in and such
So far this car is a BLAST to drive, exhaust note superbly pleasant, and this car is downright gorgeous I get looks, compliments and questions about almost weekly!
I also have a review up about it on my YouTube page as well.
One of the best looking cars on the road today imo, although I'm maybe a bit biased. I drive around in Sport + with the paddles pretty much all the time because of the sound.
One of the best looking cars on the road today imo, although I'm maybe a bit biased. I drive around in Sport + with the paddles pretty much all the time because of the sound.
Oh wow another Type-S owner on GTPlanet!? You wouldn't happen to be a member of the TLXForums or AcuraZine would you? Also Sport+ is amazing I reserve it for when I wanna go balls-to-the-wall (certain occasions on the highway, or empty backroads) Im usually Comfort & Normal most of the time and Sport sometimes.
Oh wow another Type-S owner on GTPlanet!? You wouldn't happen to be a member of the TLXForums or AcuraZine would you? Also Sport+ is amazing I reserve it for when I wanna go balls-to-the-wall (certain occasions on the highway, or empty backroads) Im usually Comfort & Normal most of the time and Sport sometimes.
I picked up a classic 1998 BMW E38 740i Aka "Sporty Shorty" or "Heavy 7" a few months ago.
Maintenance
Changed Power Steering Fluid
Put on New Michelin Tires (Tread life is very good)
Replaced the O2 sensors (Apparently not OEM)
New Battery (From Die Hard)
Catalytic Converter Replaced
Timing Chain Guides and Belts replaced 55k miles ago
Front struts replaced 5 years into his ownership
Rear Shocks replaced
Add-Ons/Upgrades
Had a Viper Alarm System Installed (He had this car since 2015 as I know Viper is kinda like a mid 2000s to early 2010s thing haha)
Pioneer Audio System with Infotainment and Subwoofer (however it looks very mid 2010s)
-Backup Camera installed with the Pioneer System
So far I like driving it and it is pretty smooth once it gets going plus its a comfortable cruiser! :dance:
My goal eventually is to give it the "Alpina" treatment, mainly the wheels, and bumpers plus open up the exhaust with a muffler delete and do a quad tip setup.
However, it still has some issues that I need to address mechanically and cosmetically.
I have gotten around to a majority of it but I still need to refresh the suspension system and then start cosmetic restoration. So far I have done most of the maintenance myself which you can check out over here