Marketplace Dead!! Who will miss trading? Thoughts and opinions.

Who will miss trading and the marketplace?

• Total voters
GTP_Cryptomanic
I will start off the thread by saying, I will miss the trading aspect of the game. It did grow tedious and getting around PD's limitations was cumbersome. I met several nice people and that was the fun part. Collecting the cars and items was like a game within a game. I remember the countless threads and giveaways, passing on helmets and suits. It was a lot of fun and work at the same time.

Last edited:
Is it confirmed to not be in the game? I haven't seen anything on trading mentioned at all.

He means the fact that everything is available to buy in the game - suits, helmets, cars in every colour and paints, so there is essentially no need to collect anything. But it's yet to be seen if trading is at all possible anyway.

mcfizzle
Is it confirmed to not be in the game? I haven't seen anything on trading mentioned at all.
I am assuming it is gone. I have not heard anything about it yet. Hopefully we will be surprised. Being able to buy currency seems to be the way they are heading. Quite dissapointing but maybe too many complained about how hard it was to acquire certain cars in the UCD. Prize cars for certain events, online maybe could lead to some exclusive gems and visions.

I will start off the thread by saying, I will miss the trading aspect of the game. It did grow tedious and getting around PD's limitations was cumbersome. I met several nice people and that was the fun part. Collecting the cars and items was like a game within a game. I remember the countless threads and giveaways, passing on helmets and suits. It was a lot of fun and work at the same time.

I only just found out that ALL cars are available for purchase and from the sceenshots and videos I have seen so far has not looked to promising for the trading aspect..... and yes this disappoints me greatly.. i really enjoyed that aspect of the game... let's hope that there is some form of trading game included...

I only just found prizes at ALL cars are available for purchase and from the sceenshots and videos I have seen so far has not looked to promising for the trading aspect..... and yes this disappoints me greatly.. i really enjoyed that aspect of the game... let's hope that there is some form of trading game included...
Here is one of those great people i met trading. Online racing with prizes would be a great idea or putting it all on the line like currency or pink slips. 👍
:cheers:

Here is one of those great people i met trading. Online racing with prizes would be a great idea or putting it all on the line like currency or pink slips. 👍
:cheers:

But then I would actually have to drive these cars..... :eek: but yeah... great ideas... I would hope that they would not just completely forget about a part of the game that a lot of us enjoyed... 👍 and as you have already mentioned brought so many of us together from so many different time zones that may make racing each other problematic.... :banghead: :gtpflag:

Totally agree...

I believe trading is gone.
All cars are available in NCDs. Even the gt5 standard cars etc.

I didnt mind trading. It was just exploited by all, including me. Ruined the game imo.

I'm glad we can buy any car now but I still want to be able to send cars to friends to help them out. I hope we can now send more than one car a day. I also hope we can still put cars up for borrow so all of us don't need to buy worthless cars to finish mundane events.

All the used cars are in the regular dealership to buy. Not sure if it cycles but it doesnt look like it.

There was a marketplace for GT5? Wish I'd have known that. :dunce:

Pity about the trading going AWOL, be nice to see it return at some point. Hope you are well Crypto 👍

I really enjoyed the trading at the start of GT5 when everyone didn't have any massively expensive/fast cars. It was great seeing people haggling with cars to make successful deals. I met some great people from doing it. I'll miss it.

This is a totally unexpected turn of events. I'll pick up my game tomorrow and start shaking it down, but this lack of trading would be a bit disappointing to say the least. Lots of great folks out there who are always looking for something to gift, trade or collect. Hopefully something can be figured out to keep our once great marketplace going.

Ah yeah trading, I loved it, when it was about cars (especially when the limit was of, at start of the game) or tickets, I think I still have 120 tickets and max cars lol.
However, Im glad these museumcards are gone and same goes for trading the stupid suits and helmets...

im gonna miss it. will never forget when i found the paint chip for my real life car in a trade. never thought it would be possible! now i dont even know if it IS in the game because there is no USED dealership to find different color paints anymore :(

going to be sorely missed. it was quite fun :)

Cheers for the lack of trading, sort of sad for the loss of used car lots, but very satisfying to know that you can get everything, and GT6 hasn't turned out to be a Final Fantasy game with missable items. :)

Back