Marketplace With Items/Cars Sold by Real Users?

Do You Think We Should Have An Online Market Place?

• Total voters
Australia
On the Moon
hk0005
THIS THREAD IS NOT TO RECOMMEND TO REPLACE GTPLANET'S MARKETPLACE FORUM IN THE FUTURE. JUST AN EASIER WAY TO TRADE BEING SUGGESTED!

images

I was thinking, should there be option to be able to put your unwanted cars online to trade, sell or giveaway for free?

Many of the voters recommend that we should have an auction area like Forza and I agree. There should also be car club feature (recommended by others) where you create "groups" OR "clans".

Create your own logo and to be able to add it to your car!

The Auction House should have these search features:

PRICE

CAR
Country
Car Level
Car Class
Make
Model
Year

DESIGN
Livery

ENGINE
Drive Type (RWD, FWD, AWD)
Engine Position (Front, Rear and Mid)

POWER
Power

SELLER
Seller

EXPIRATION
Date

TAKEN FROM THIS WEBSITE: http://forza3.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/game/auction/default.htm

(SORRY, could not get Forza 4 Auction)

There should be a price on how long you can hold an auction and you would need to pay with credits(look at expiration date). I pretty much took this idea from Forza but if Polyphony could improve it... Awesome.

There should be also private trades, so only two people can trade a particular car without someone stealing it. Type in PSN ID, send request, get accepted request and BOOM! Trade Done.

You could sell the car/item for an estimated amount of cash to another user at a reasonable price (Great for getting newbies started!).

wynn-ferrari.jpg

Another option would to give away the car for free, and that essentially is just gifting.

Keep the online dealership with refreshing cars every one to two weeks (In 0/0/0 condition, of course).

I want Polyphony Digital to change the price limit for trading. I was thinking, the more days you don't trade, the higher the price you can trade (Only applies to cars over 1,000,000 Credits) and to be able to send more than once per day (let me know what should be the trade limit!).

I think we should have the option to take photos of it while the car is in use or with PhotoMode and post them online so potential buyers can see the body and what it looks like.

Same for items: You can trade, sell or gift (Again, what limit do you recommend?).

Think of it as going on online servers to play in lobbies with other players except you can chat and trade online.

Essentially, GTP Marketplace on Gran Turismo Online.

GAME SAVES ARE MANUAL/AUTO SAVES AND LIVERIES ARE LOCKED FOR ACCESS TO THE MAKER ONLY OR HE/SHE CAN SHARE THEM. You can put the game data on PS3 Game Data or on USB.

Liveries should be able to share or just keep for yourself. Create a livery and you can apply it to any car, all you have to do is to edit it to fit the dimensions of the car!

A separate search bar should be placed for liveries.

Also, people should be able to show of their cars and post pictures/photos/videos online.

One more thing: There should be a history of the car, what has been changed, what has been used, which races won and how many people/users have owned it.

Let me know what you think in your posts!:)

Last edited:
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Your idea is a action house + car club like Forza offers only in worse. I don't want to sound rude. Maybe you don't know or played Forza before.

JimmyJames10
If we could just type in the User's PSN ID and request them to trade a car, that would be awesome. The other guy will just need to say "Yes" and trade done!

I voted yes because i like the auction house and the car club feature from Forza.

Last edited:
I voted yes because i like the auction house and the car club feature from Forza.

Same here. Maybe to relieve stress on the servers, the cars could be put up for only a limited time. I think Forza's auction house only allows you to keep an auction up for a maximum of 24hrs, for example. You even get charged a couple hundred credits for a handling fee.lol

Yes, it would be interesting to have a car or item as used by a real person 👍 .

Same here. Maybe to relieve stress on the servers, the cars could be put up for only a limited time. I think Forza's auction house only allows you to keep an auction up for a maximum of 24hrs, for example. You even get charged a couple hundred credits for a handling fee.lol
I remember that feature clearly, and the longer you want your car/item to be visible in the market place, the bigger the fee.

JimmyJames10
Many of the voters recommend that we should have an auction area like Forza and I agree. There should also be car club feature (recommended by others) where you create "groups" OR "clans" (similar to CoD Elite : Except for the killing bit).

I wouldn't say the Car Club is similar to Cod: Elite :)

100% for it! I've suggested they should add this in many other threads. A marketplace/auction with things sold from real users would be brilliant. It would also make trading a lot easier for people with full friend lists.

100% for it! I've suggested they should add this in many other threads. A marketplace/auction with things sold from real users would be brilliant. It would also make trading a lot easier for people with full friend lists.

Thanks for the support!

I don't know if this would work, I'm just spitballing, but,
what if the marketplace was separated between liveries, tunes, and full modification (livery + tune)?
That way it would be easier to find exactly what you're looking for.

I like your post I agree with everything I didn't quote 110%. All of those additions would add great depth to the collecting aspect, and I like your suggestions to improve the cars. If they took the effort away from all the other items that many people never even touched and just focused on the cars the game would be an improvement for every single player. Same could not be said for any of the other items. (horns, gear, museum cards, etc...)

Some thoughts on things that wouldn't work for me.

I want Polyphony Digital to get rid of the One Million Credit limit and be able to send more than once per day (make it like five to ten times).

I disagree, if we are talking about making a better "marketplace" cars need to retain their value. PD specifically went out of their way to control "gifting" what your wishing for is exactly how it was. There is no way they are going back to that and frankly I agree, people will abuse the 🤬 out of that. As far as the credit limit, I could go either way on that. I would have to say IMO the GTPlanet Marketplace is better because of it. Gets rid of practically all the scammers. But your suggestion would fix the scammer problem anyway so thats why I could go either way. Alternatively you could have a rotating limit and only be able to trade expensive cars on "special days" have different cut-offs, make it a minor challenge, but not an inconvenience. I'll agree $1,000,000 when the most expensive car is 20M is an inconvenience. :indiff:

Same for items: You can trade, sell or gift (make it twenty times for helmets, cards and suits).

I would hope there is not the dilemma of thousands of different items to make it that many. Assuming it was the same as GT5, what ever they set it to should make sense. Just throwing a number out their that sounds good is exactly how I feel they determined these limits in GT5. I would like to see actual common sense applied this time around. I would hope it's something small like 5 with less items. But lets say for the sake of your example you want it high, I would make it 34. That's one complete set of gear. 20 would be unnecessarily complicated just like the 34 gear to a set part. :boggled:

Think of it as going on online servers to play in lobbies with other players except you can chat and trade online.

GTPlanet Marketplace exact same thing. :D
I agree integrating it into the game would be in the best interest for the masses.
I would be good either way thanks to :gtplanet:
And if your reading this forum your good too. 💡

GAME SAVES ARE MANUAL/AUTO SAVES AND LIVERYS ARE LOCKED FOR ACCESS TO THE MAKER ONLY OR HE/SHE CAN SHARE THEM. You can put the game data on PS3 Game Data or on USB.

Don't sweat the liveries so much. Some people may want to share, some may not want too. This would be the perfect tool for producing replicas which is a great collectable. You don't have to send your cars to anyone so no one can steal your livery. If someone takes the effort to replicate your unique livery for trolling purposes, you would be playing with the wrong group of people. ;)

Not to mention the fact that it would be impossible that out of every single GT Player no one would have a repeat livery. I personally do not want to be limited to picking schemes of "whats left." There is no way they could add this type of system to the game, were talking millions of options needed.

And there would be moderators, and options to report people using glitches or hacks for Credits and money.

No way, what a waste of time and resources. Make the game as foolproof as possible for release. Like I've been saying, take the time and plan it correctly. After that if people figure out a hack it is what it is, and that's how its always been. Don't worry how other people play the game, it's pointless because it has no effect on how YOU play the game. On top of that the cost for paying salaries of PD moderators would trickle down to us in some way, shape, or form. They have already proven they have the power to change aspects in just about any area of the game, so that's really good enough.
Essentially, GTP Marketplace on Gran Turismo Online.

YES! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Ah, yes. I've long wanted a Forza Motorsport sort of auction house in GT. Who wouldn't? I mean, wanting to not have one would be wanting the series to continue lagging behind.

Back