Marvel's Eternals Get Their Own Fleet of Lexus Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 18 comments
Am I the only one that hates it when big movies have really obvious car sponsors? For me it kills the vibe when there's some sort of action shot or car chase and everyone has a brand new Lexus or Hyundai. Now I understand if the lead character gets the sponsor car, but for example when the whole S.H.I.E.L.D squad comes rolling up in all new Acura RDX's it just seems really off.😅

...when the whole S.H.I.E.L.D squad comes rolling up in all new Acura RDX's it just seems really off.
Government agency (albeit a fictional one), right? It would seem really off to me if they didn't.

20200611_205508.jpg

Government agency (albeit a fictional one), right? It would seem really off to me if they didn't.

20200611_205508.jpg
I mean, that's to be expected of an actual government agency. To use real service vehicles.
Wouldn't it be weird if your local police department just rolled up in brand new Acura RDX'S?

Last edited:
I mean, that's to be expected of an actual government agency. To use real service vehicles.
Wouldn't it be weird if your local police department just rolled up in brand new Acura RDX'S?
Would it? Why?

Apart from possible constraints due to the size difference, it would be no more or less weird to me if they had gone with that instead of the existing Ford Interceptor Utility.

Would it? Why?

Apart from possible constraints due to the size difference, it would be no more or less weird to me if they had gone with that instead of the existing Ford Interceptor Utility.
Because government fleet vehicles used by police agencies are specifically made for service duty and have numerous mechanical changes over their civilian counterparts to help them take the abuse of what a police car might have to endure in service. Something an Acura RDX would likely not be able to do long term thats5 for sure.

Last edited:
Because government fleet vehicles used by police agencies are specifically made for service duty and have numerous mechanical changes over their civilian counterparts to help them take the abuse of what a police car might have to endure in service. Something an Acura RDX would likely not be able to do long term thats5 for sure.
Why could an RDX not be similarly modified?

S.H.I.E.L.D. has that ****ing ridiculous sky carrier thing that, among countless other features, can conceal itself almost completely from view...and they're supposed to have left those Acuras dead stock?

I just don't understand this position you've taken.

Last edited:
Why could an RDX not be similarly modified?

S.H.I.E.L.D. has that ****ing ridiculous sky carrier thing that, among countless other features, can conceal itself almost completely from view...and they're supposed to have left those Acuras dead stock?

I just don't understand this position you've taken.
I just don't understand your need to keep this going. I originally said I wasn't a fan of obvious car ad placements in movies. I'm also saying seeing 20 shield agents roll up in brand new Acura's makes the movie feel like a mini commercial. 🤷

I just don't understand your need to keep this going.
I wonder if you might pause a moment and consider your having chosen this sentence...this sentence...to start a post that is itself a continuation of a discussion.

Do you recognize the irony and/or the inanity of it?

I originally said I wasn't a fan of obvious car ad placements in movies.
I saw. You also said it seems off to you when government agents arrive in force and have done so in identical vehicles (in this case the Acura RDX). I quoted you as having done so.

Would a Ford Crown Victoria have been odd (when that was a popular choice for duty)? A Dodge Charger? Chevy Tahoe? Caprice (again, when it was a popular choice)? What about the Vauxhalls or Peugeots or whatever else they use in Europe?

Why is the RDX problematic?

I'm also saying seeing 20 shield agents roll up in brand new Acura's makes the movie feel like a mini commercial. 🤷
That may very well be the case (which is to say that it may make you feel that way, it may actually be that--because that's how corporate sponsorships for movies often work, particularly when the sponsor is a car manufacturer--or both).

I'm more inclined to focus on the monster wreaking havoc in the city center or whatever has compelled the agents to respond, but to each their own.

I wonder if you might pause a moment and consider your having chosen this sentence...this sentence...to start a post that is itself a continuation of a discussion.

Do you recognize the irony and/or the inanity of it?
Yet here you are. 🥴

I saw. You also said it seems off to you when government agents arrive in force and have done so in identical vehicles (in this case the Acura RDX). I quoted you as having done so.

Would a Ford Crown Victoria have been odd (when that was a popular choice for duty)? A Dodge Charger? Chevy Tahoe? Caprice (again, when it was a popular choice)? What about the Vauxhalls or Peugeots or whatever else they use in Europe?

Why is the RDX problematic?
None of the above vehicles you quote besides the RDX would be slightly odd as they have dedicated fleet/police platform versions of said cars popularity used in North America. Does anywhere else in the world have a government/fleet spec Acura RDX'S? Probably not but It's also not the reality of how an RDX can be a fleet vehicle is what I'm trying to get at...

It just makes it even more of an obvious product placement which is what I had an issue with to begin with. "Oh look a car chase scene where every vehicle is one specific make or model, definitely not a product tie in or advertisement spot for that brand"
That may very well be the case (which is to say that it may make you feel that way, it may actually be that--because that's how corporate sponsorships for movies often work, particularly when the sponsor is a car manufacturer--or both).

I'm more inclined to focus on the monster wreaking havoc in the city center or whatever has compelled the agents to respond, but to each their own.
That great that's how that works. Doesn't make me hate it any less? I want to watch a marvel movie for what it is and not have a car commercial shoved in my face everytime a vehicle is involved? 🤷

Yet here you are. 🥴
This is not an actual response to that which you quoted. This is a deflection. It's deceitful and not the least bit unexpected from someone who cries on the internet about prop cars used in a movie about ****ing superheroes.

I want to watch a marvel movie for what it is and not have a car commercial shoved in my face everytime a vehicle is involved? 🤷
To be fair, it made sense with Iron Man, considering Tony Stark's character. Why wouldn't a show-off/playboy be seen in something like an Audi R8, or a prototype of the second-generation Acura NSX?

Last edited:
Back