master car list that's useable in my livingroom

  • Thread starter Thread starter rsxboy
  • 25 comments
  • 2,250 views
Messages
16
I originally stumbled across gtplanet while looking for a prize car list for GT3 years and years ago. After finding the incredible list, I promptly e-mailed the URL to my work, where the expensive color printers were just waiting to print something as fun as this. I punched 3 holes in each page, and bound them together. Since then the printout has been beside my PlayStation, ever ready for the day when I need to check to see what car I can potentially win.

I want there to be the same thing for GT4...

I take that back. I NEED the same thing for GT4. I understand that some people might like to have the prize cars revealed slowly. But if you're here reading this right now, you not only know all the cars that are in the game but you've probably already picked out the car you're going to start with.

I know about Maskrider's gallery of pics. I know there's the interactive jkrobby database. But I also know that I like to have a printed list in my hot little hands. So I started one on my own. I mostly copied the style of the GT3 list, but I just cleaned it up. Kinda like GT4... it's just a cleaner GT3. Personally, I'd rather wait to finalize it until the version is released in English with empirical stats & credits.

I've started one, so let me know what you think of it. I'll probably make the final version a .pdf, just for ease of use.

I guess I just want to know if anyone else out there feels like I do. If not, I'll make it just for me.
 

Attachments

  • page1small.jpg
    page1small.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 569
nice work, just seems a bit encompassing, too much information can be bad, tmi

[edit by mod]: Please don't quote gigantic blocks of text.
 
Oh man, more power to you, because that's gonna be a massive list (GT3's prize list was already huge).

Anyway, I'd definitely use it. 👍 (Admittedly though, I'm not too keen on that font. ;)) Also, I think it'd be nice if you could create an image-free version, and making them PDFs is definitely a good idea. 👍

I look forward to it! :)
 
Actually, I was thinking of doing that myself.. I've got a short list of cars that I want to eventually own in the game (just to make sure I can drive 'em when I want, you know). It doesn't have quite so much information, though.. basically just the car's name, a picture, and where I can get it.

Of course, with my luck, the prize car locations will be all moved around in the U.S. version...
 
Sage
Oh man, more power to you, because that's gonna be a massive list (GT3's prize list was already huge).

Anyway, I'd definitely use it. 👍 (Admittedly though, I'm not too keen on that font. ;)) Also, I think it'd be nice if you could create an image-free version, and making them PDFs is definitely a good idea. 👍

I look forward to it! :)
I look forward to it also. I had a copy of Tips & Tricks magazine that had the prize cars listed and it was very handy to have. I too, don't care for the selected font, but I like the pictures idea.

Good luck with it!
 
id love it in a non pic version, i have a prize car list in my hot little hands next to the ps2, to win those tricky wrs required cars
 
Keep working, that is a great idea, my printer is waiting for you.
 
yeh great idea, i will definately use it, with pics is good, but i agree with the others, a standard font would be easier on the eye.

nice work 👍
 
Thanks for all the encouragement. I can certainly change the font. I liked that the other list had the pictures, so those are gonna stay for now. If you want a list that's just text, that'll show up in a thread when it becomes known. I suppose it would just be a lot of copy\paste to make a simple one, so we'll see when this version is done.

As far as this taking a long time to do, I whipped this single page up in under 30 minutes, and most of that time was spent trying to find a good layout. Once I had that, each car took under 2 minutes to add. I'm doing it in Photoshop so it's pretty easy to add the car pic, crop it down, paste the text, and fill in the known values. Once I have a complete list of our version, it'll take me less than a day to do. If Maskrider's got the pictures, that is... *hint hint*

I liked the information that was on the GT3 list, so I just carried that over. If it's too much for you or if it's missing something, I can make the .psd's available. You can add your 36 point Wingdings then. :)

The tricky part is going to be getting a good list of the prize cars. I understand that there are some new cars and whatnot in our version, so I'll just find that list when the freaks get 100% on Feb. 23rd...

Thanks again for all the kind words.
 
That would be great, I stumbled into here looking for the GT3 list as well. It just helps out when you're looking for "that" car.
 
I wouldn't use it straight away... (I like surprises!) but I'd definitely use it/appreciate it later, and a .pdf version would be superb... go for it! 👍
 
You are THE MAN for attempting that undertaking....HUGE ! I cannot wait though..I did the same thing, I found this site when looking for a gt3 prize list...and then promptly printed off the picture list on our colour laser printers here at work ! Good times..I've got a nice binder in my home entertainment unit too ! lol
 
Brilliant undertaking, rsxboy - I'd love to host your final product here on GTP. :)
 
this is a good idea, looks good to. Im just gonna buy the strategy guide tho. holy crap, the GTP admin lives in KY. thats really close to me.
 
I hope the prize cars for the PAL version will be different, because I've seen all the lists already and I'd prefer to be surprised (Even though I couldn't wait to see it).
 
St.Paul? i lived in plymouth! now im in duluth rally racing and getting slydways on skyline (best touge ever):) any way thanx 4 helpin out the site
 
Red Six
nice work, just seems a bit encompassing, too much information can be bad, tmi

[edit by mod]: Please don't quote gigantic blocks of text.


my bad, funny how alot of people do the same thing, yet you single me out 👍
 
rsxboy
[edit by mod]: Please don't quote ginormous blocks of text.

GREAT idea!

My only suggestion would be to replace the selling and buying price with the weight of the car. Just an idea...
 
Red Six
my bad, funny how alot of people do the same thing, yet you single me out 👍
You're being singled out because you deserve it. Since the short time you've been here you've been involved in over a dozen arguements, with over a dozen people which includes one moderator and myself, used profanity and spout off personal attacks, sent vulgar harrassing e-mails to GTP members which includes myself, have made countless spam posts like this one and have displayed nothing but an obnoxious attitude to anybody who corrects you and continue to do all of it after being warned not to by not one, but two mods, not once but several times.

Therefore, you have nothing to complain about. Either grow up, or get lost.
 
More power to you man... I definately wouldn't have the patience to do something of that magnitude. 👍 👍
 
Red Six
my bad, funny how alot of people do the same thing, yet you single me out 👍
I don't even know where to start. First off, I've never seen you before, so I have no reason whatsoever to single you out (and on that note, how pretentious of you). Secondly, I do that to every post I happen to come across – however, I don't read every single post in the GT4 forum, so I don't run across every instance that that happens (in fact, I'm rarely in the GT4 forum; I just happened to be here this time, because I was the one who approved this thread, and I found it interesting, so I've decided to keep tabs on it). I've even done that to a moderator over in the Opinions board, and he thanked me the next day for doing that.

If you want to continue this discussion, please PM me. With that said, you would have been better off if you didn't say anything so crass, because I had no reason to edit your post other than a desire to make the thread a bit easier to scan through.
 
Solid Lifters
You're being singled out because you deserve it. Since the short time you've been here you've been involved in over a dozen arguements, with over a dozen people which includes one moderator and myself, used profanity and spout off personal attacks, sent vulgar harrassing e-mails to GTP members which includes myself, have made countless spam posts like this one and have displayed nothing but an obnoxious attitude to anybody who corrects you and continue to do all of it after being warned not to by not one, but two mods, not once but several times.

Therefore, you have nothing to complain about. Either grow up, or get lost.


ive sent harrasing emails? i dont even know your email and wouldnt waste my time, never used profanity and spamed huh, yeah I know someone that needs to grow up, its a forum get over it, sorry next time I will tread more lightly over you :)
 
Sage
I don't even know where to start. First off, I've never seen you before, so I have no reason whatsoever to single you out (and on that note, how pretentious of you). Secondly, I do that to every post I happen to come across – however, I don't read every single post in the GT4 forum, so I don't run across every instance that that happens (in fact, I'm rarely in the GT4 forum; I just happened to be here this time, because I was the one who approved this thread, and I found it interesting, so I've decided to keep tabs on it). I've even done that to a moderator over in the Opinions board, and he thanked me the next day for doing that.

If you want to continue this discussion, please PM me. With that said, you would have been better off if you didn't say anything so crass, because I had no reason to edit your post other than a desire to make the thread a bit easier to scan through.

👍
 
I'd definitely use it. Keep up the good work.
 
Back