MasterGT's GT7 Arias

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 130 comments
NISSAN Fairlady Z 432, 1969

The default tune is difficult to control, so you will want to do something to it, to especially control the rear-end. The roll-bars do that without having to jack the car up into the clouds. The Fully Customizable Differential doesn't seem to work correctly (5/5 feels the same as 60/60, plus the inside wheels never break free first with any setting). Before using this car, get acclimated to it.

NISSAN-Fairlady-Z-432-suspension.jpg

NISSAN-Fairlady-Z-432-1969-gears.jpg

Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion 1997

This MR car has well over 500 HP and is not heavy. You have to respect the throttle on exits. These gears should help control wheelspin, but you still may want to shift up a gear on some exits.

Porsche-911-Strassenverion-suspension.jpg

Porsche-911-Strassenverion-gears.jpg

Porsche-911-Strassenverion-brake-balance.jpg

Porsche-911-Strassenverion-power-curves.jpg

Aston Martin DB5 1964

This car needs to be tamed well. The rollbars and differential have significant effects on handling.

Aston-Martin-DB5-1964-suspension.jpg

Aston-Martin-DB5-1964-gears.jpg

Aston-Martin-DB5-1964-brake-balance.jpg

Aston-Martin-DB5-1964-power-curves.jpg

NISSAN Skyline Super Silhouette 1984

Add the Fully Customizable Racing Transmission. This tune tames this very stable car. Gears offer better acceleration, but, overall, the lap times will be similar to the default settings. Exit oversteer is now completely gone, too.

NISSAN-Skyline-Super-Silhouette-1984-suspension.jpg

NISSAN-Skyline-Super-Silhouette-1984-gears.jpg

NISSAN-Skyline-Super-Silhouette-1984-brake-balance.jpg

NISSAN-Skyline-Super-Silhouette-1984-brake-balance.jpg

Honda S800 1966

This car is a hoot to drive, once it's tuned. The Fully Customizable Differential doesn't seem to do much. A little front brake bias is to be used with trail braking, to load the front tires while braking, because you still have to make the turn and to tame its rear end.

As with any small car, you have to learn to keep its moment up. Enjoy!

Honda-S800-suspension.jpg

Honda-S800-gears.jpg

Honda-S800-brake-balance.jpg

Honda-S800-power-curves.jpg

Alpine A110 2017 @ 550 PP

This is a second tune for this car, only at the 550 PP mark. It is such a wonderful car to drive. You can trail-brake gently, to load the front tires, which helps with understeering.

Add the brake upgrades, weight for better balance, and other tuneable parts.

Alpine_A110_suspension.jpg

Alpine-A110-2017-gears.jpg

Alpine-A110-2017-power-curves.jpg

Alpine-A110-2017-brake-upgrades.jpg

Last edited:
Peugeot RCZ Gr.4

Since this is an FF car, you do have to take tire wear into account, when using it. This tune helps dealing with understeer, the nemesis of front wheel drive cars. It is actually quite driveable and tame, overall. Depending on the track, it can also be very consistent.

Peugeot-RCZ-Gr-4-suspension.jpg

Peugeot-RCZ-Gr-4-gears.jpg

Peugeot-RCZ-Gr-4-power-curves.jpg

Peugeot-RCZ-Gr-4-brake-balance.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6), 2009

The engine has lots of torque throughout a relatively flat curve. The gears were adjusted to help you take advantage of that, but you still can't jump on the gas. Not all gears will be useable on short tracks, so either adjust the final gear or just use the torque with 5 of the gears.

I tried to run the C6 on Daytona Tri-oval, but even with a wing and Sport Soft tires, it still wants to spin on the exits. Not a good choice for that track.

Updated: A slight change to the suspension, to raise it up and to help with oversteer; racing brakes and pads were added, to help the car actually stop.

We also discovered that adding a wide-body kit made the car handle very poorly with this tune. It also raised the PP dating out of our range. A new car fixed both issues quickly.

Chevy-Corvette-ZL1-C6-2009-suspension.jpg

Chevy-Corvette-ZL1-C6-2009-gears.jpg

Chevy-Corvette-ZL1-C6-2009-racing-brakes.jpg

Chevy-Corvette-ZL1-C6-2009-power-curves.jpg

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6), 2009
Gave her a run (at 700, bolt-ons only, had to guess on the aero and internal upgrades but I think I got it right) and posted the following, definitely room for improvement as I was overly-conservative with my driving. Economy sucks, but its an American V8, so that’s to be expected and not a reflection of the tune. The brakes are terrible, I maxed the sensitivity and it still left a lot to be desired (also not a reflection of the tune). Grips well, back-end stays really planted on corner exits and I was mashing the accelerator, bonus points for that! A nice little tune all-in-all.

A18624A9-7914-4F94-94F3-7F46BCEA46FD.jpeg

The brakes are terrible, I maxed the sensitivity and it still left a lot to be desired (also not a reflection of the tune). Grips well, back-end stays really planted on corner exits and I was mashing the accelerator, bonus points for that! A nice little tune all-in-all.
Thanks for the feedback, Live25!

Yes, the car does handle well with this tune, and the original brakes are terrible. We quickly switched to better brakes before actually racing, then it was OK. This is the first car ever that we did that for MNR events.

BMW Z4 Gr.3

This car is very stable and consistent. A fun car, for sure. The car will hold WOT through the last curve of HSR beautifully, but you still have to respect the throttle on grid starts and on curve exits. Lots of torgue to control.

BMW_Z4_Gr.3_suspension.jpg

BMW_Z4_Gr.3_gears.jpg

BMW_Z4_Gr.3_brake_balance.jpg

BMW_Z4_Gr.3_power_curves.jpg

NISSAN Silvia K's Type S S14

The Silvia S14 has almost 12.5 lbs per HP, which is a reasonable ratio, but it feels to perform better than that. Maybe because of its torque curve, which is fairly flat. Because of that, you need to be careful mid-curve or after passing apices (apexes). Hold the gas pedal steady and/or use trail-braking until you are pointed straight down the road, so as to not lose rear end grip. I added a tick of rear brake bias, to help with that.

According to the torque curve, you shouldn't run the revs all of the way up, but you also don't want to go too low on the revs on curve exits, either. You will be slower.

NISSAN-Silvia-K-s-Type-S-S14-suspension.jpg

NISSAN-Silvia-K-s-Type-S-S14-gears.jpg

NISSAN-Silvia-K-s-Type-S-S14-power-curves.jpg

NISSAN-Silvia-K-s-Type-S-S14-brake-balance.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package 2018
7 available tunes for this car, the mind boggles. Anyways, this one is right there with the pack. The economy is a bit down with this tune , but I took some liberties to get the PP up, so it very well may be a byproduct of my adjustments.

39AC8353-3965-4519-ABC1-1260A1FB4A46.jpeg

NISSAN GT-R NISMO GT3 2018

While this is one of the most tame GR.3 cars, it also is noticeably slower against its peers. These settings reduce some of its bad habits, including understeer under heavy braking and power oversteer.

NISSAN-GT-R-NISMO-GT3-20188-suspension.jpg

NISSAN-GT-R-NISMO-GT3-20188-gears.jpg

NISSAN-GT-R-NISMO-GT3-20188-power-curves.jpg

NISSAN-GT-R-NISMO-GT3-20188-Brake-Balance.jpg

Last edited:
Jaguar F-type R 2014

The F-type street car is quite heavy, but it also has only 6.7 lbs per HP and it is quite responsive. The Brake Balance controller and this tune deals with its weight shift very well.

Jaguar_F-type_R_2014_suspension.jpg

Jaguar_F-type_R_2014__gears.jpg

Jaguar_F-type_R_2014_power_curves.jpg

Jaguar_F-type_R_2014__brake_balance.jpg

Jaguar F-type R 2014

The F-type street car is quite heavy, but it also has only 6.7 lbs per HP and it is quite responsive. The Brake Balance controller and this tune deals with its weight shift very well.

Jaguar_F-type_R_2014_suspension.jpg

Jaguar_F-type_R_2014__gears.jpg

Jaguar_F-type_R_2014_power_curves.jpg

Jaguar_F-type_R_2014__brake_balance.jpg
Oh man, I’m excited to try this one out. I’m just getting on a plane headed off for vacay, so it will be a couple weeks, but thank you in advance!

NISSAN Skyline 2000GT-R 1973

Being a short wheelbased car, the driver has to control the rear end of the twitchy car. This requires the full attention of the driver and may require some trailbraking on some curves or on curve exits, clearly exhibited at the short Broad Bean circuits. Otherwise, overall, the car was lowered a bit and the front was stiffened, to control weight shifting. It still does not like running over certain types of curbs, so maybe some more fine tuning will be necessary, some day. For now, the car handles pretty well. The power curves suggest not running up the revs, to short-shift. Run them up most of the way anyway and the car will accelerate slightly faster.

NISSAN_Skyline_2000GT-R_1973_suspension.jpg

NISSAN_Skyline_2000GT-R_1973_gears.jpg

NISSAN_Skyline_2000GT-R_1973_power_curves.jpg

NISSAN_Skyline_2000GT-R_1973_brake_balance.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for these tunes! I ran the Skyline and the Mazda Roadster in the Japanese 450 and 550pp (with added performance upgrades) races and they’re both lots of fun!

Ford Mustang Gr.4

Set-up tires on Gr.4 cars will now be changed to Sport Soft, since Racing Hards are too grippy and they mask handling issues and, therefore, tuning tactics / response. Sport Soft tires in GT7 seem equivalent to Sport Mediums in GT Sport.

Most tuning effort went into handling and eliminating smoking outside front tires at High Speed Ring. Doing so introduced new issues, therefore, this is still a compromise.

Ford-Mustang-Gr-4-suspension.jpg

Ford-Mustang-Gr-4-gears.jpg

Ford-Mustang-Gr-4-power-curves.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette C8 2020

This is a quick tune for those who want to use the C8 tuned right away. However, the car does deserve more attention and a more refined aria.

For a sports car, the C8 is a bit on the heavy side, therefore you will need to learn your braking points well before racing. You might want to add better brake kits, to help braking, too. This tune also adds a bit more weight to the front, to help balance its ratio, a bit. At 40/60, it needed some help. Otherwise, there is lots of torque and you must be careful getting on the throttle in the exits.

Chevy-Corvette-C8-suspension.jpg

Chevy-Corvette-C8-gears.jpg

Chevy-Corvette-C8-power-curves.jpg

Chevy-Corvette-C8-brake-bias.jpg

Chevy-Corvette-C8-brake-ballast.jpg

From the images, it is impossible to tell if there are any internal or body upgrades. Is it safe to assume that none were applied?
Yes, it safe to assume that. If I don't show something, it's because it is still default.

Having said that, I started a more radical (for me) aria for the C8 Corvette that includes permanent changes to the car. I will make a separate post for it after it is ready for primetime.

The C8 aria, above, was tested in the wild, last night. No complaints. I hope you like it, too.

Chevrolet Corvette C8 2020

This aria goes a bit further in addressing some of the C8's design issues. An MR car with only 40% of the vehicle's weight over the steering tires is going to cause handling problems that will be revealed under the stress of driving fast and / or turning, with enough HP available to mess things up. To address this, Stage 1 weight reduction and ballast were used to cut the weight and allow adding ballast, to keep the original weight the same as stock. Racing brakes and pads were added, to help slow the beast down.

The C8 was tuned using Sport Hard tires and, with these settings, it handles well. However, Sport Mediums are the final tire choice because more drivers will appreciate the more reliable handling. Speaking of grip, the gears were adjusted to help control the torque much better than how the MNR aria, above, does. You can be more aggressive on the throttle.

The PP range went over 600, so cutting power is the simplest way of ducking under that limit, if needed. You can add a bit of weight, too, but you can't add enough ballast on its own to get there.

The C8 is now a joy to drive.

Chevy-Corvette-C8-suspension.jpg

Chevy-Corvette-C8-gears.jpg

Chevy-Corvette-C8-power-curves.jpg

Chevy-Corvette-C8-brake-balance.jpg

Chevy-Corvette-C8-weight-redux.jpg

Last edited:
Back