MasterGT's GT7 Arias

• Thread starter MasterGT
  • 130 comments
Ford RS 500 Cosworth 1987

This is my refined tune for the upcoming MNR. It handles well on these default tires and it doesn't need to be enhanced to have fun in it. About ten tracks were used to refine my aria, so these should be a good, general settings.

This will be the perfect car to test your driving skills and techniques. A great way to start a new year!

Ford-RS-500-Cosworth-suspension.jpg

Ford-RS-500-Cosworth-gears.jpg

Ford-RS-500-Cosworth-suspension.jpg

Last edited:
McLaren 650S Gr.4

The Gr.4 650S handles so well that I struggled to find an easy way to improve it. It will take a longer tuning session to finesse this aria more. The car is so planted on these tires that it was very difficult (while using proper driving techniques) to break them free.

It isn't the fastest Gr.4, but wow.

Mc-Laren-650-S-Gr-4-suspension.jpg

Mc-Laren-650-S-Gr-4-gears.jpg

Mc-Laren-650-S-Gr-4-power-curves.jpg

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm 2020

This is a monster street car, with 6.5 pounds per HP! It is unlikely that you can just jump into the driver's seat and casually drive around tricky tracks. Take the time to acclimate to its weight and torque. Before trying to enhance its already high performance, familiarise yourself with the Giulia as it is, close to stock, first.

This aria tries to deal with its weight shifting, but it still brakes fairly well. The brake bias toward the rear will help a bit with front tire wear and adds a bit of control. Short-shifting will help with its fuel guzzling. The gears do help with wheelspin on standing starts and corner exits.

Edit: This tune was tested in anger against a variety of other 600 PP cars, recently, and has performed admirably. The longer the runway, the more it leaves other cars behind. I repeat, this car is a beast! The weight keeps the SM tires very well connected to the road (therefore, a wing and SS tires are unnecessary), even when worn, even compared to other cars using Sport Soft tires.

Feedback from other critical drivers using this aria has been positive. A 650 PP aria is in the works. Anyone interested in a reduced weight aria?

Alfa-Romeo-Guilia-GTAm-suspension.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Guilia-GTAm-gears.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Guilia-GTAm-power-curves.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Guilia-GTAm-brake-balance.jpg

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm 2020

This is a monster street car, with 6.5 pounds per HP! It is unlikely that you can just jump into the driver's seat and casually drive around tricky tracks. Take the time to acclimate to its weight and torque. Before trying to enhance its already high performance, familiarise yourself as it is, close to stock, first.

This aria tries to deal with its weight shifting, but it still brakes fairly well. The brake bias toward the rear will help a bit with front tire wear. Nothing will help with its fuel guzzling, though. The gears do help with wheelspin on standing starts.

Alfa-Romeo-Guilia-GTAm-suspension.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Guilia-GTAm-gears.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Guilia-GTAm-power-curves.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Guilia-GTAm-brake-balance.jpg
The last pic cuts off the tuning and body upgrades, mind reposting that?

If settings are missing, they were not changed. Nothing changed is missing.

Lobby is open. Come race with us!

Pagani Zonda R, 2009

The Zonda R is a powerful race car that uses the same base engine in the Mercedes-Benz CLK. It can attain speeds of around 330 KPH. It actually feels pretty tame, once tuned. This aria helps control the understeer by using downforce, but you can also add more control through light trail braking. Exit oversteer is also helped through the gears and the differential. You have to add a Racing Transmission to be able to adjust the gears.

Practice standing starts because it is definitely possible to stay in control. Not so much untuned.

Pagani-Zonda-R-suspension.jpg

Pagani-Zonda-R-gears.jpg

Pagani-Zonda-R-power-curves.jpg

Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car

At first blush, this is a very pleasant car to drive even in stock form. However, this aria was set up using Sport Hard tires and not stickier tires because its weight make the tires stick so well that more grip is unnecessary. By the time that I tried Sport Soft tires, there was no feeling left in its handling.

This is the MNR aria.

Ford_Mustang_Gr.3_Road_Car_MNR_suspension.jpg

Ford_Mustang_Gr.3_Road_Car_MNR_gears.jpg

Ford_Mustang_Gr.3_Road_Car_MNR_power_curves.jpg

Last edited:
Plymouth Superbird 1970

There are two arias here, one for road courses and another showing the differences for ovals.

Gran Turismo 7's version of the Superbird comes with the HEMI engine with 425 HP and lots more torque. You need to deal with all of that torque in your driving. This aria helps with that, too. The weight shift is significant, so I found that braking earlier and / or coasting into curves and easing into the throttle will help you to stabilize and control the car more. On Daytona's banking, there is a strange surging, meaning that the car wants to turn in on long, banked curves, then not, and it repeats. Tightening the front end helped a bit with this oddity.

The power curves indicate that you don't really get any advantage from running up the revs. I have been trying to shift between 5,000 to 5,500 revs, depending on the terrain.

This heavy car is comfortable on Comfort Soft tires, but I tuned it on Sport Hards. No adjustable rear downforce is possible.

Road Courses
Plymouth-Superbird-1970-road-suspension.jpg

Plymouth-Superbird-1970-road-gears.jpg

Plymouth_Superbird_1970_power_curves.jpg

Plymouth-Superbird-1970-road-brake-balance.jpg

Ovals
Plymouth-Superbird-1970-ovals-suspension.jpg

Plymouth-Superbird-1970-oval-gears.jpg

Last edited:
Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car

At first blush, this is a very pleasant car to drive even in stock form. However, this aria was set up using Sport Hard tires and not stickier tires because its weight make the tires stick so well that more grip is unnecessary. By the time that I tried Sport Soft tires, there was no life left in its handling.

This is a preliminary aria based on a quick need, so expect further refinements later. Feedback on it is welcomed.

Ford-Mustang-Gr-3-Road-Car-suspension.jpg

Ford-Mustang-Gr-3-Road-Car-gears.jpg

Ford-mustang-Gr-3-Road-Car-power-curves.jpg
Thanks Master, I want to put this set up on mine and give it a go. Hopefully we'll use 'TUNED' Road Cars one of these days and we can see which of the road cars (all of them in one race) at a PP,, say 650 or 700 might be the quickest lap time. Yes I saw your set up isn't that high a PP but we can use some power adders. Anyway, Thanks for sharing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car

While still a relatively tame car, torque is controlled, so that more drivers can safely handle it. The brake balance is nearly even from front to back, so the one tick towards the front is insignificant, but it could be useful in a tire wear race..

Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-Gr-3-Road-Car-suspension.jpg

Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-Gr-3-Road-Car-gears.jpg

Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-Gr-3-Road-Car-power-curves.jpg

Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-Gr-3-Road-Car-Brake-Balance.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully we'll use 'TUNED' Road Cars one of these days and we can see which of the road cars (all of them in one race) at a PP,, say 650 or 700 might be the quickest lap time. Yes I saw your set up isn't that high a PP but we can use some power adders. Anyway, Thanks for sharing this.
Glad to help, Daduce1947. Coincidentally, I just added another Road Car aria now.

Useful feedback about any of my settings is always welcomed.

Renault Sport Clio V6 24V 2000

The Clio V6 in GT 7 is based on the 2000 model year, first seen in GT2. We don't have the improved Phase 2 model from 2003. The updated version helped to deal with some of the ill manners of the 2000. Insurance companies still were not amused with the Clio. This is the hand that we are dealt. In default mode, the nasty handling can be mitigated by splitting tires (CM/CS), but you may want to do that with Sport tires more than Comforts, depending on your skills. Just saying. This aria uses Comfort Softs on all four corners and the weight of this short car is more than enough to keep full control of it.

You still have to use your driving skills on curve exits, though; you can break the rear end free if you are not pointed down a straight when you get back on the gas. Don't stomp on the accelerator on exits. Otherwise, the car handles really well, so long as you stay off of some curbs. Rear tire wear was minimised as best that I could manage. Enjoy!

Clio (Kleio) was one on the main 9 Greek Muses, the ancient Greek goddesses of music, song and dance. Clio was related to history and played the lyre. I mention this because one of the colours that was available is Iliad Blue, a beautiful cobalt blue.

Renault_Clio_V6_24V_2000_suspension.jpg

Renault_Clio_V6_24V_2000_gears.jpg

Renault_Clio_V6_24V_2000__power_curves.jpg

Renault_Clio_V6_24V_2000_brake_balance.jpg

Last edited:
Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series 2020

Even with a bit of ballast used to bring down the PP value to 700 after physics engine updates, this monster car has only 4.86 lbs per HP. This aria was updated to handle more new tracks added since the initial MNR oriented aria was created. Yes, power is your friend, but there is enough weight here to keep the Racing Hard tires glued to the tarmac. You can still use Sport Soft tires with this car. The gears are adjusted to still leave headroom on the longest, normal racing straight, except the unusual Speed X location. Given a longer runway, yes, the gears are there to take advantage of it.

Can more parts be added to make it perform better? The answer to that question is likely to be subjective, not objective. As it is here, this is a great handling car that can hold its own against other good 700 PP performers. The aria is close to its rudimentary or minimal starting point. No power enhancements, just the necessary, adjustable handling parts were added. You could add better brakes, for example, but they really aren't all that necessary, and what do you have to give up to keep the PP at 700?

Try this aria and see what you think of it.

Mercedes-AMG-GT-Black-Series-2020-suspension.jpg

Mercedes-AMG-GT-Black-Series-2020-gears.jpg

Mercedes-AMG-GT-Black-Series-2020-power-curves.jpg

Mercedes-AMG-GT-Black-Series-2020-Brake-Balance.jpg

Last edited:
Hi.
I'm doing something similar. I like to keep the cars in my GT garage stock. Stock weight, stock power & stock transmission. I like to keep the ride height close(ish) to stock height too, but will lower around 20mm maximum if needed to help the car handle better.
The only upgrades i buy is all the comfort & sports tyres, all suspension & LSD upgrades. That's it.

You can get pretty good setups just using the Street or Sports Suspension with the LSD setup correctly. I don't have that much time to spend tuning cars, testing, making adjustments, testing etc etc but i do have a few that i enjoy driving now.

I think your garage will be useful to me & i can't wait to try some of your setups.

Cheers
Gyro1780

Mercedes-Benz S Barker Tourer 1929

While I recognise that some GT7 players will ignore this expensive, antique car, it still warrants an aria, for those who do want to use it. The default settings easily exhibit loss of rear control, even with its low HP, and now you can keep from spinning out better. It's not as bad as you may expect. It will be interesting to see how this car competes against others in the same PP range.

Please, let me know what you think of its performance.

M-B-S-Barker-Tourer-1929-suspension.jpg

M-B-S-Barker-Tourer-1929-power-curves.jpg

Last edited:
Hi.
I'm doing something similar. I like to keep the cars in my GT garage stock. Stock weight, stock power & stock transmission. I like to keep the ride height close(ish) to stock height too, but will lower around 20mm maximum if needed to help the car handle better.
The only upgrades i buy is all the comfort & sports tyres, all suspension & LSD upgrades. That's it.

You can get pretty good setups just using the Street or Sports Suspension with the LSD setup correctly. I don't have that much time to spend tuning cars, testing, making adjustments, testing etc etc but i do have a few that i enjoy driving now.

I think your garage will be useful to me & i can't wait to try some of your setups.

Cheers
Gyro1780
I hope that I can inspire your tuning.

There is nothing sacred about GT default settings. Knowing some of the car data PDI need to input a car into the game, what we see on the player end has little relation to the real car. Owners of the real GT Award cars, for example, have to send in somewhere around 90 data points, some of them are so specific that the designing engineers have to go digging or testing, to figure them out. That is not what we get.

We can tell just by looking at the default settings that they are contrived. Most of the time, they aren't even good. For example, their Fully Customisable Differential is a "black box" that doesn't work as it should in real life. I fully ignore the defaults, overall. I may use them, but only as a starting point. Our challenging MNR events are a testbed, to fully adjust a car without extras, such as wings or using unnecessarily sticky tires which mask the real tuning problems.

If you want to challenge your tuning skills, I would highly recommend joining us every Monday evening.

I hope that I can inspire your tuning.

There is nothing sacred about GT default settings. Knowing some of the car data PDI need to input a car into the game, what we see on the player end has little relation to the real car. Owners of the real GT Award cars, for example, have to send in somewhere around 90 data points, some of them are so specific that the designing engineers have to go digging or testing, to figure them out. That is not what we get.

We can tell just by looking at the default settings that they are contrived. Most of the time, they aren't even good. For example, their Fully Customisable Differential is a "black box" that doesn't work as it should in real life. I fully ignore the defaults, overall. I may use them, but only as a starting point. Our challenging MNR events are a testbed, to fully adjust a car without extras, such as wings or using unnecessarily sticky tires which mask the real tuning problems.

If you want to challenge your tuning skills, I would highly recommend joining us every Monday evening.
I used to tune my own cars in all the previous GT's but as i've got older, i'm so bored of the tuned/customized look. I much prefer the original look, so for GT7 i thought it would be fun to keep the cars looking as stock as possible but to have them handling better.
As you mentioned, most of the default settings in GT7 are awful, so i just try to improve the handling to make them enjoyable to drive.

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz S Barker Tourer 1929

While I recognise that some GT7 players will ignore this expensive, antique car, it still warrants an aria, for those who do want to use it. The default settings easily exhibit loss of rear control, even with its low HP, and now you can keep from spinning out better. It's not as bad as you may expect. It will be interesting to see how this car competes against others in the same PP range.

Please, let me know what you think of its performance.

M-B-S-Barker-Tourer-1929-power-curves.jpg

hi bro @MasterGT i recently tested this tune in nurburgring and (to me) it felt very confident 🙂 never once the feeling of unmanagebility occurred so i finish the race with a smile in my face.hoping to test your other tunes in the near future. thanks!

Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) 1973

The Carrera RS is a relatively lightweight, low-powered RR car with an imbalance of weight. These aspects of the car influence how well the default car can handle itself in anger. Good driving techniques, such as braking early or using trail-braking in certain areas, being gradual on the pedals, practicing, etc., will help you to keep the Carrera RS in control.

This aria was developed on a variety of tracks and it got to the point that adjusting for new track challenges started to compromise previous good settings. You can't put all of the responsibility for good handling on the car. You still have to drive the car properly.

Porsche-911-Carrera-RS-901-1973-suspension.jpg

Porsche-911-Carrera-RS-901-1973-gears.jpg

Porsche-911-Carrera-RS-901-1973-power-curves.jpg

Porsche-911-Carrera-RS-901-1973-brake-balance.jpg

Last edited:
Suzuki VGT Gr.3

This VGT car is a good performer against other Gr.3 cars. As tuned, it has a bit of understeer, so you can add a bit of rear brake bias, to help with that. Tire wear is fairly even front to back, but it shows up on the front more the longer the race goes on.

Suzuki-VGT-Gr-3-suspension.jpg

Suzuki-VGT-Gr-3-gears.jpg

Suzuki-VGT-Gr-3-power-curves.jpg

Last edited:
BMW Z8 2001

This FR sports car is relatively short and heavy, but this aria smooths out a lot of those characteristics and it should be reliable in most of your hands. Use the power curves to your advantage.

BMW-Z8-2001-suspension.jpg

BMW-Z8-2001-gears.jpg

BMW-Z8-2001-power-curves.jpg

BMW-Z8-2001-power-curves.jpg

Hi there
Love what you have done with the Alfa GTam! What a joy to drive and consistently fast.
Have just started playing around with your ‘73 R/S and really like it, but wondered if you are considering doing an enhanced one at 580 for the classic races. Turning one of them into a quasi 2.8 RSR has turned mine into an absurdly enjoyable car and there are some great tracks for it in the classic races (GV, Nurburgring of note) should make quite the aria!

Hi there
Love what you have done with the Alfa GTam! What a joy to drive and consistently fast.
Have just started playing around with your ‘73 R/S and really like it, but wondered if you are considering doing an enhanced one at 580 for the classic races. Turning one of them into a quasi 2.8 RSR has turned mine into an absurdly enjoyable car and there are some great tracks for it in the classic races (GV, Nurburgring of note) should make quite the aria!
OK, it looks as if there are 5 tracks to test on, so I will see what I can do with it.

Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) 1973 [580 PP]

This enhanced aria is specifically designed to win the Historic Sportscar Masters series, with a maximum of 580 PP. I used Sport Medium tires to complete all of the individual challenges and the closest finish was on Grand Valley. On Nordschleife, you have to be very careful about contact with grass.

While the 580 PP aria includes Sport Soft tires, it is uncomfortable to drive on them. I used Sport Mediums to complete the Masters series because 1) it is possible with slightly more challenge, but 2) the car handles better on them. At this enhanced level, you need to drive the car with caution. It has been raised out of its comfort zone. That is one reason why I did not reduce its weight. You need the weight to keep the tires in contact with the road. Ease onto the brakes early when coming into curves.

No irreversible changes were made to the car, so you don't need a second car to try this aria.

Porsche-911-Carrera-RS-901-1973-580-suspension.jpg

Porsche-911-Carrera-RS-901-1973-580-gears.jpg

Porsche-911-Carrera-RS-901-1973-580-power-curves.jpg

Porsche-911-Carrera-RS-901-1973-580-parts.jpg

Last edited:
Citroen DS 21 Pallas 1970

The DS drives like a low-powered, relatively heavy, FF drive car with a long wheelbase, so drive it like one.

Citroen-DS-21-Pallas-1970-suspension.jpg

Citroen-DS-21-Pallas-1970-gears.jpg

Citroen_DS_21_Pallas_1970_power_curves.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Citroen DS - What a blast! If you want close, challenging racing, don't ignore small horses.

Last edited:
Honda RA272 1965

This small, light race car has a light front-end, so a bit of weight was added to it, to help with its understeer, including power understeer. You can certainly add more weight there. The Differential allows WOT on grid starts without spinning the Race Hard rear tires. The Brake Controller helps with control while entering curves and you could move it up one tick, if you like. Without downforce, especially on the front, you need to drive the car carefully, including at hillcrests, such as at Spa.

The Honda RA272 is a fun, reliable car that should give you hours of enjoyable driving.

Honda-RA272-1965-suspension.jpg

Honda-RA272-1965-gears.jpg

Honda-RA272-1965-power-curves.jpg

Honda-RA272-1965-brake-controller.jpg

Last edited:
BMW M2 Competition 2018

This BMW coupe' is typical of BMW's fleet of four-door cars - heavy, with a decent amount of power and loads of torque that must be tamed. This aria helps the driver to keep control in its relatively stock but tuneable form. More can be done to make it even more stable or safe. Go up a grade of tires or add better brakes, but, as is here, it's quite comfortable to drive.

BMW-M2-Competition-2018-suspension.jpg

BMW-M2-Competition-2018-gears.jpg

BMW-M2-Competition-2018-power-curves.jpg

Back