Matchstick Men

  • Thread starter Thread starter tabs
  • 9 comments
  • 694 views
Messages
2,421
United States
Southern California
I know this is a bit old, but I finally caught this one on DVD the other day and thought it was excellent. Nicholas Cage did an amazing job playing a con-man with OCD. Alison Lohman and Sam Rockwell (who’s playing Zaphod Beeblebrox in the upcoming Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy movie) are also worth mentioning.

The ending totally blew me away; I wasn’t expecting it at all. Hans Zimmer also did a great job with the film score. Check it out if you have a chance. 👍

Matchstick Men @ Yahoo! Movies
 
I saw this one when it first came out on DVD, and I recommend it also. Cage and Rockwell, both at their very best!
 
I agree with both those statements, I've seen it 4 times now, and I've enjoyed it every time I have. Cage is amazing in this one.
 
I thought it was really good, until the ending, it was abit too far fetched considering how good and believeable the rest of the film was.
 
live4speed
I thought it was really good, until the ending, it was abit too far fetched considering how good and believeable the rest of the film was.

But that's what made it good, completely threw me for a loop. I can't say anymore without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it yet.
 
I know, I did think the film was good, but they could've thrown us with a more believeable plot, I never saw it coming though until quite late.
 
I saw it in the theaters. I thought it was boring, despite Cage's great acting.
 
I saw it in theaters twice I think, and I bought it shortly after it came out on DVD. I love this movie, I thought the ending was great. Nick Cage did a great job in it and his role was by no means easy to play. I definately recommend this movie to anyone.
 
I saw it when it came out. It was ok, but I was disapointed by the ending with the girl. It could have been much better.
 
I saw it first when my friend rented it. I bought it shortly after, and I'm usually strictly into action/fantasy movies. 👍
 
Back