Matterhorn (no barriers)

• Thread starter FussyFez
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
England
I've seen it mentioned in other threads, and I've done a search for a suggestion thread. Maybe this belongs in features as the track is already in the game....

I love the idea of matterhorn, but without the barriers. An open free run track, with endless possibilities for fun.

Linking sections as you wish. Running sections backwards, and in ways that are not possible on the current layouts.

Maybe someone with photoshop or similar could overlay the 3(I think?) current tracks to show the possible routes? (if not I'll do it later when I get home)

What do you guys think?

(thinking about it, all the tracks with multiple layouts could be fun with an 'open layout' option, but we'll leave that for other threads)

5vVO2m8.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...er-car-track-list.281919/page-29#post-9011736

Plus it has some unused roads (the blue ones)

Last edited:
Great stuff. I clicked the link and his sig asks for no credit to be given lol. 👍

Some of the joining roads look purposely placed for other tracks to be made?

Maybe PD are planning on releasing further variations?

I would certainly like the possibility to explore the over the edge areas with a selectable option to remove all barriers. Would make racing around the cliff edge death dealing. Races, photos and replays would be somewhat exciting.

I would certainly like the possibility to explore the over the edge areas with a selectable option to remove all barriers. Would make racing around the cliff edge death dealing. Races, photos and replays would be somewhat exciting.
But would you want the car to reset back to the track as soon as it falls off, or watch it tumble to its doom down the mountain? :mischievous:

Back on topic, this thread is about removing the barriers between tracks for free roaming, NOT removing the invisible safety walls at our peril, as much fun as that sounds.

Actually I would seriously like to free roam bomb down the 10:1 mountain slope at full speed into the valley where there will be a user created gps track adjoining the official one and carry on going round the world. Explosions not obligatory.

Actually I would seriously like to free roam bomb down the 10:1 mountain slope at full speed into the valley where there will be a user created gps track adjoining the official one and carry on going round the world. Explosions not obligatory.
Well... sure, why not?

This would be AMAZING for cruise/law rooms. Also, it would be great for drifting and ACTUAL touge racing!
*This could give the Initial D Trueno a home*

brilliant idea, i've always loved the idea of PD making an open road area, even if it's just a good few square miles.

I would love to see an open version allowing a massive perimeter track. Perhaps the thread title should include "combined circuit"

Back