May be you don't care, but..... HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vigacmoe
  • 24 comments
  • 732 views
Messages
22
22222aa.gif


It's the year of chicken, Happy Chinese New Year everyone!!! :dopey:
 
What year is it there?
 
Gong Xi Fa Cai!

No idea what it means but friend from Malaysia thought it was a "good thing to say"..
If its unproper please remove/tell me and ill remove it.
 
BAZZ
Gong Xi Fa Cai!

No idea what it means but friend from Malaysia thought it was a "good thing to say"..
If its unproper please remove/tell me and ill remove it.

It's nice too hear that :)
 
:D, no worries there, it is indeed a good thing to say.

Literally translated, "gong xi" means "to wish" and "fa cai" means "to prosper". ;)
 
Vigacmoe
It's the year of monkey now, the coming year is the year of chicken
Hehe. Is there one for a dog too? :D
Happy chinese new year anyway! :)
 
Cosmic
Hehe. Is there one for a dog too? :D
Happy chinese new year anyway! :)

Yes there is a year of the dog.

Petr Cech is cool with Chinese new year though.
 
Race Idiot
Yes there is a year of the dog.

Petr Cech is cool with Chinese new year though.
Haha! I'm so 1337 guessing at things! :D
 
Cosmic
Hehe. Is there one for a dog too?
It's a 12 members club :)
Mouse -> Bull -> Tiger -> Rabbit -> Dragon -> Snake -> Horse -> Sheep -> Monkey -> Chicken -> Dog -> Pig
It's a circuit, so you can figure out which animal is yours. As for me, I was born in 1981, the year of chicken, so chicken is my "屬相(su shiang)", and every year of chicken is my "本命年(ben ming nian)".
 
dont you guys watch jacky chan adventures??!!?

how can you not know the years/talisments. hahahaha.

so vig, you celebrate the year of your animal as you would a birthday? sort of like how some people do on the days of their saint?
 
Vigacmoe
I was born in 1981, the year of chicken, so chicken is my "屬相(su shiang)", and every year of chicken is my "本命年(ben ming nian)".
I was born in 1981 too, so happy chicken year to us! :dopey:
 
One of my best friends names is Ele. Does this have any rough translation?

Have a Kawaii new year:)
 
Vigacmoe
It's a 12 members club :)
Mouse -> Bull -> Tiger -> Rabbit -> Dragon -> Snake -> Horse -> Sheep -> Monkey -> Chicken -> Dog -> Pig
It's a circuit, so you can figure out which animal is yours. As for me, I was born in 1981, the year of chicken, so chicken is my "屬相(su shiang)", and every year of chicken is my "本命年(ben ming nian)".
So I'm born in 1990 that means that I'm a horse? :scared:
 
What year is it there?

It is the Year of the Rooster (or more amusingly, the ****) -- 4702 according to the Chinese lunar calander.

EDIT: Dog-gone. I've done set off the swear filter :lol:


M
 
I think I'm a sheep or a snake. According to the placemats I always see, I "am quick to forgive, but never forget..."
 
Happy Chinese Newyear!

Since people are naming their zodiac symbols, I am a Dragon. ;)
 
Hey~ Happy Chinese New Years!! (I think Korea has the same date?)

I'm a rat...
 
Gung Hay Fat Choy! Sun Ning Fai Look! (Cantonese way of saying it)

Well, it's more like the lunar new year. Vietnamese people celebrate this event also, but they call it something else.

Anyways, it's all about the red pockets :D
 
Red pockets - hell yeah! (For those who didn't know it means we get money!)

Happy Chinese New Year guys! It just turned Feb. 9th over here so it's officially Chinese New Year for me.
 
Omnis
so vig, you celebrate the year of your animal as you would a birthday?
Haha, I wish... so I'll get a whole year to celebrate, and tons of gifts to receive :dopey::dopey::dopey:.....
According to the tradition (of my home town, and it's different from place to place), I have to wear red pants to overcome the "bad luck" in this year.
 
Thio
Vietnamese people celebrate this event also, but they call it something else.

Tet. umm, didnt feel like looking up the correct punctuation on the "e" :dunce:
 
Happy year of the Rooster. I'm a dog from 82. (damn)
 
Back