May get GT6. Opinions/thoughts?

United States
United States
Hi guys,

IN anticipation for GT sport, I have decided to pick up either GT5 or GT6. I saw GT5 xl edition brand new for 20 dollars at walmart.

I also saw GT6 for 20 brand new at a gamestop. What would you guys recommend? I'm leaning more towards 6 ATM to be honest and just want to make sure that there is no BIG differences.

Is the car list the same? Is Nascar still in?

EDIT: Just realised I posted in reviews and feedback...I'm super sorry about that!

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
GT6 is the way to go if you do online racing, but if you can not go online forget about GT6 just play GT5 until GT Sports comes out 👍.

I don't do online at all honestly. I'm not to worried about a career mode as much as I am the over all fun factor. I mainly just like to do different missions to get money and then buy different cars to race.

Hi guys,

IN anticipation for GT sport, I have decided to pick up either GT5 or GT6. I saw GT5 xl edition brand new for 20 dollars at walmart.

I also saw GT6 for 20 brand new at a gamestop. What would you guys recommend? I'm leaning more towards 6 ATM to be honest and just want to make sure that there is no BIG differences.

Is the car list the same? Is Nascar still in?

EDIT: Just realised I posted in reviews and feedback...I'm super sorry about that!

Thanks guys!

GT6 has a better track list. The extra tracks include Willow Springs, Bathurst (Mount Panorama), Sierra, Midfield, Brands Hatch GP, Brands Hatch Indy and 1980's versions of Monza and Brands Hatch (the latter flows much better).

GT6 has a better car list including Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, Shelby GT350 Mustang, Corvette C2 Coupe, El Camino SS396, LCC Rocket, Ferrari 250 GTO, 250 GT, Dino 246GT, Daytona 365 GTB, Premium Countach, Renault 8 Gordini, Lotus turbo F1 car, Ford GT40 1966, Plymouth XNR - there are many more, but those are the ones I can remember.

GT6 has these extra events - Moon (lame), Senna (good), Sierra (good).

IT also has a vastly superior track maker and you can currently download and save tracks made by people on your friends list.

Both GT5 and GT6 have poor sounds and a poor clutch model (only important if you use an H pattern shifter and foot clutch. GT6 has improved physics - very noticeable if you use a wheel.

Both games in my opinion are poor as actual offline single player games and could become boring quite quickly - they both come to life if you race against trusted friends or clean racers online, but online has finished on GT5 now.

GT6 has a ridiculous number of updates to download and is very poor (lacking in features) in its unupdated form - if that is an issue get GT5 - the XL or GT Academy versions have the updates on them already.

If you already have a PS4 forget GT5 and GT6 altogether and switch to Project Cars (Game of the Year Edition) or Asetto Corsa or Dirt Rally. I recently switched to Project Cars and I have been blown away by the much better sounds, better visuals, improved physics, fully detailed cars with multiple liveries, track list etc, etc. I am still racing on GT6 due to being committed to a couple of online series, but I struggle to return to it after playing much more immersive games on the PS4.

Thank you all for the input. I have forza 6 on xbox one as well, but there's something about the GT series that makes me come back. It looks like I will pick up GT6 then. It should definitely hold me over until GT sport is released.

I recently watched a video with the Lexus LFA and I must say that it sounds pretty good!! Close to its real life counterpart I thought.

EDIT: Picked up gt6. Now for the long delay with patches. Super pumped!

Last edited:
Thank you all for the input. I have forza 6 on xbox one as well, but there's something about the GT series that makes me come back. It looks like I will pick up GT6 then. It should definitely hold me over until GT sport is released.

I recently watched a video with the Lexus LFA and I must say that it sounds pretty good!! Close to its real life counterpart I thought.

EDIT: Picked up gt6. Now for the long delay with patches. Super pumped!

Sorry - forgot to mention that both GT5 and GT6 contain NASCAR cars. GT6 contains more, because it contains the old cars plus some new ones. For some reason the dealership only contains the new models so to get all of them you need to click on recommended cars.

Good luck with the downloads and I hope you enjoy the game. I don't know if you have a wheel, but GT6 with a wheel is much more enjoyable than with a hand controller - much more immersive. The sounds of most of the cars in GT6 are poor, but there are a handful of good ones - the best is probably the Senna Lotus F1 car.

Thanks. What's the best track to test top speed? Special stage x?

Yes, but it is very boring and very long - if you want to test top speed you an also try La Sarthe without chicanes - this will be more accurate because it is flatter. GT5 contained a speed test which also checked acceleration. You can download a straight test track made by master track maker @eran0004 - I use this for checking acceleration and La Sarthe for top speed.

Back