May have been mass reported falsely

• Thread starter GRT_MattM
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
last night I received a 30 day ban for apparently posting content on GT that breached the code of conduct but I have no recollection of doing so, which begs the question of whether I have been targeted by false reporting.

last night I received a 30 day ban for apparently posting content on GT that breached the code of conduct but I have no recollection of doing so, which begs the question of whether I have been targeted by false reporting.
The system is not automated - it's all reviewed by human moderators - so you won't have been dumped through sheer volume of reports.

What decals and liveries (car, helmet, race suit) have you uploaded?

The system is not automated - it's all reviewed by human moderators - so you won't have been dumped through sheer volume of reports.

What decals and liveries (car, helmet, race suit) have you uploaded?
that is the thing though, I shared liveries which were okay to repost but something has happened, there was of course a thread made about the livery report system been abused so maybe something like that.

that is the thing though, I shared liveries which were okay to repost but something has happened, there was of course a thread made about the livery report system been abused so maybe something like that.
You have never uploaded a decal or a livery of any kind?

You wouldn't get a ban for someone else's livery/ decal. It would be them.

30 day ban for apparently posting content on GT that breached the code of conduct
This could include any comment posted in chat that violated that rule....off color remarks, swearing, racist comments, threats, etc...

Last edited:
This could include any comment posted in chat that violated that rule....off color remarks, swearing, racist comments, threats, etc...
I also have not said anything that could warrant a ban either but whatever I have done obviously wound up someone.

I also have not said anything that could warrant a ban either but whatever I have done obviously wound up someone.
More than that, whatever you have done has clearly broken the PlayStation terms of service/code of conduct. It's not an automated system - you don't get banned automatically because you were reported, even en masse; you get banned because a human moderator reviewed the report and found you had broken the rules.

If it's to do with uploaded content, I'd suggest checking your in-game gallery against what's been uploaded here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/2898854/gallery/all - if something's missing from the online version, that's what's got you banned.

Otherwise it could be what you've said in post-race messages, or over voice chat if you were in a party lobby.

30 days is pretty severe - even the chap with the Confederate flag, and the guy wrongly banned for the KKK Turbolader decal, only got seven days - so we're talking about something highly profane, abusive, sexually explicit, racist, or homophobic/transphobic. Or it's not your first ban.

You haven't been accidentally banned for no reason, or banned because multiple people reported you, but because you did something that broke the rules in a fairly major way.

More than that, whatever you have done has clearly broken the PlayStation terms of service/code of conduct. It's not an automated system - you don't get banned automatically because you were reported, even en masse; you get banned because a human moderator reviewed the report and found you had broken the rules.

If it's to do with uploaded content, I'd suggest checking your in-game gallery against what's been uploaded here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/2898854/gallery/all - if something's missing from the online version, that's what's got you banned.

Otherwise it could be what you've said in post-race messages, or over voice chat if you were in a party lobby.

30 days is pretty severe - even the chap with the Confederate flag, and the guy wrongly banned for the KKK Turbolader decal, only got seven days - so we're talking about something highly profane, abusive, sexually explicit, racist, or homophobic/transphobic. Or it's not your first ban.

You haven't been accidentally banned for no reason, or banned because multiple people reported you, but because you did something that broke the rules in a fairly major way.
its baffling me but yeah during our livestreams we will say stuff that said in text on the game would probably break a few rules but that should not matter though should it? all the replays and race pictures I posted are all within the rules so it is not that so it might have been something I said.

its baffling me but yeah during our livestreams we will say stuff that said in text on the game would probably break a few rules but that should not matter though should it?
If someone reports you for it, then yes, it absolutely will matter.

Back