Maybe a weird question...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arnaud
  • 15 comments
  • 782 views
Messages
4
Hello,

I'd like to A-spec LeMans I, but I've a job, and I need my bed, sometimes.
Hence, here's my question : do I have to pause the game and let my PS2 on, or can I save my game during the race, turn my PS2 off, go to sleep, and go back to the same race a few days after ?

(I haven't found anything relevant until know, nor in the manuel nor on these forums ; maybe I'm getting blind...)
 
Pause is your only option.

But don't let it worry you - as you can see from my signature and relevant thread in the Race Reports forum, I've done 2 of the 3 24hr races in A-Spec, leaving the PS2 on for 168 and 200 hours respectively.

Keep the room cool and give the PS2 plenty of breathing space, if you're particularly worried (or you have a PSTwo).
 
Perhaps you are... I'm sure there's countless forums specifying it.... anyway... you can't. You can only save before and/or after the race. You cannot save while the race is going on. There have been many members who have paused the game and left the PS2 on for hours... and then come and un-pause it and go back to their game... would I do it, probably not. I just B-Spec-ed it.
 
Famine
Keep the room cool and give the PS2 plenty of breathing space, if you're particularly worried (or you have a PSTwo).

What's the difference between a PS2 and a PSTwo?
 
The tiny one is a PSTwo. No internal fan (but no internal power supply). There are stories of them overheating, though my one (which I DIDN'T use for my endurances) has never had a problem.
 
I'm pretty sure the slimline PS2 / PSTwo does have a fan in it. I have heard a fan spin up inside mine. It's pretty quiet though.
 
It's either 8mm in diameter or mounted horizontally then...
 
Interesting.. stories about overheating?? my brother has it in his car all the times.. is that dangerous?
 
He has it hooked up to a screen and stuff for the car, i thought the smaller ps2 has the fan?
 
christofire
I think it's the latter of those options:
http://www.xboxrepairguide.com/ps-two-internal-fan-p-893.html
(link points to a replacement fan)

I don't think you could get that in vertically without a hammer.

Which is how Sony put the PS2 laser in originally anyway... :D

That's got to be a chip fan, rather than a case fan. I think the issue with PSTwos is that they don't get the excess heat out efficiently - tiny, tiny ventilation holes and no case fan. There is a big, black metallic strip on the top, which seems to act as a heat sink though. Make sure plenty of air circulates past that and you should be okay (mine is). Put it in a cupboard or on a shelf and your troubles start...
 
Thanks for the tip - I'll have to relocate mine from "in the toasty warm cubby hole on top of the PC". :dunce:
 
Famine


Keep the room cool and give the PS2 plenty of breathing space, if you're particularly worried (or you have a PSTwo).

And BE SURE that nobody turns off the house electricity or unplugs the console !
:banghead:
 
alech
And BE SURE that nobody turns off the house electricity or unplugs the console !
:banghead:

lol, indeed. Never forget that! :crazy:
 
If you are prone to power cuts and have money to spare - a generator which kicks out 240V AC would be a great investment.
 
Back