Maybe it's time for PD to branch out

  • Thread starter Thread starter P3nT4gR4m
  • 43 comments
  • 3,013 views
Of course the real kicker is going to be in a years time when I'm addicted to Nascar ovals and someone bumps this thread to rub it in. :dopey:

And yeah, cletus, the long wait is definitely getting to me. I'm not renowned for my patience.
 
If you don't care for nascar now, chances are you won't later on.
 
Don't ruin it for me I need my straws to clutch! I am of the firm opinion that Nascar is the suck to watch (I forced myself one night on sky) but my logic is that F1 is great to watch but I find it the suck to play so we have a play/watch suck dichotomy going on
 
If you don't care for nascar now, chances are you won't later on.

Not true, I hated NASCAR until 2003 when I got stuck watching the Bud Shootout. I have been a fan ever since. Of course this does not mean you will like it either.
 
ahahah OP, 20 different iterations of an oval track would drive me nuts!!!

I haven't cared for Nascar and I'm pretty confident I NEVER will. I've raced at Infineon''s actual track (sports configuration) 3 times and give praise to nascar for actually racing at infineon (stock car configuration) one of the few NON-oval tracks in their series.
 
I loved that track in GT4. Hopefully it'll make it into GT5. If not I'm holding Daytona oval personally responsible and will rant and rave on this very forum to that effect.
 
I say branch out.

Obviously PD is not able to handle the load, project management does not seem to exist. It's a company run by artists and engineers, they probably need some project managers in the mix to keep them on time with time tables etc.

Branching out is perfect, aside from race disciplines like Dirt and Track etc. How about a separate track editor and a separate Livery editor. Not everybody want's a livery editor. Why not sell it separately, some folks like me would be willing to buy it.

Just my thoughts.
 
ahahah OP, 20 different iterations of an oval track would drive me nuts!!!
Of the four ovals (that I can think of right now) that have been in GT in some form (I am counting Indy, even though we haven't gotten the oval layout yet) they are all distinctly different and require distinctly different driving styles to drive them properly.

I am not a NASCAR fan and know that 20 different ovals would actually be 20 very unique races.
 
Of the four ovals (that I can think of right now) that have been in GT in some form (I am counting Indy, even though we haven't gotten the oval layout yet) they are all distinctly different and require distinctly different driving styles to drive them properly.

I am not a NASCAR fan and know that 20 different ovals would actually be 20 very unique races.

That is very true. Just look at Texas, Charlotte, and Atlanta Motor Speedways. They all have the same shape and length, but each track has its own unique features that differentiate each of them.
 
I'll take your word for it. With a bit of luck I'll never actually have to find out for myself
 
Well I for one enjoy all manner of driving disciplines and tracks, so I would not like to see this at all 👎
I have never enjoyed a NASCAR race in my life and never felt the need to play a game with it in. But I'm still looking forward to trying one in GT, just because its different and its something I've never tried before in a decent physics engine. I love rally, open wheel, ovals, rally stages, hilly tracks, long tracks, short tracks, street circuits...there is very little I truly hate in motorsport or with cars in general.

So for me, the more in one game, the better. Its also one of the unique selling points of Gran Turismo - where else can you test various vehicles of such varying degrees against each other? Its not like if PD made seperate games, that there would be 1000 stock cars instead, there would just be less variety in each game.

Since when has variety been a bad thing?

So, no, don't take away my Suzuki Swift and don't take away my Ferrari F2007 either. I enjoy both.
 
A jack of all trades is a master of none, they say. I have nothing against having different racing disciplines, as long as they are well made. Something that rally racing in GT has never been, unfortunately :indiff: (I do hope that will change with GT5).

In all honesty, instead of adding more and more racing disciplines, I'd rather see PD focus more on honing the gameplay mechanics itself (AI, damage, etc.).
 
Last edited:
technically speaking, PD have branched out before. Tourist Trophy? One thing I do say though is the fact capcom need to peacfully surrender the MotoGP license to PD.
 
In direct response to the first post of this thread,Thats why I play rFactor..(PC Sim)..with the shear amount of mods available for it I can tailor the game to suit my needs.
 
Back