• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 24 comments

IfAndOr

Still here.
Premium
Seychelles
Shropshire
IfAndOr
Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, what we need is for PD to give us a premium upgrade for the 450bhp triple rotor Mazda Furai.

From this...
1.jpg

image.jpg

2.jpg

Back to this - in all it's premium glory...
4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

The actual car sounds awesome - like this...

The sound of Furai

Last edited:
PD couldn't send anyone to take pictures or film the car, it probably doesn't exist anymore. The only way they could do it is from CAD models if Mazda have any.

But the Furai was like top secret and everything. How did you get such a picture!?

PD couldn't send anyone to take pictures or film the car, it probably doesn't exist anymore. The only way they could do it is from CAD models if Mazda have any.
They remade the 4200R from drawings or some such. There was an interview about it on the GT website before they basically deleted everything for the GT6 revamp.

But the Furai was like top secret and everything. How did you get such a picture!?
Ah yes Top Secret - If I told you I'd have to kill you... Oh OK then I found it from a Google search. :sly:
It's not exactly a good looking interior is it?

They remade the 4200R from drawings or some such.
That's interesting.
And of course for the Furai, PD already have a decent quality "standard" model as a starting point. It just needs "enhancing" a little. I'm sure that for the interior they could ask Mazda - they must have the cad data. If not I'll send them the photograph. ;)

Since this suggestion has bubbled to the top again, it's made me think that the Furai wouldn't look out of place with all the other racecars in GT Sport.

It was a VGT before they were thought of. Except this one actually existed. Well for awhile anyway.

mazda-furai-06.jpg
CwMdBE5KXRcHTREEBgECEw5aBh0eSgofBBMGBFtbQVFCQ1VTXV1EU0dGQURVXUZRW0dcR00dGRM=.jpg

Given the RX-Vision's arrival in the game, surely it's time to bump this gorgeous bit of kit back up again! :sly:

I usually detest concept cars in Gran Turismo, but the Furai actually existed and ran. It truly is such a shame that it burnt to the ground, because now it's entirely impossible to scan and record the real thing, let alone simulate how it would've driven.

What's super interesting about the Furai is that Rotary Engines require so little modifications to run on alternate fuels in comparison to the conventional piston engines. The Furai's triple rotor actually ran on E100 Ethanol. Even if the car as a whole doesn't return to the series, I would love for its R20B RENESIS engine to be available for the engine swaps shown in GT7.

To fan the flames of hope further, the Furai is slated to appear in 2022's GRID Legends, proving that the sound and appearance of the car is possible to recreate to a high precision even though the car no longer exists anymore.

Back