Mazda Kusabi '03 At The New Suzuka - Race Results AddedFinished 

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 28 comments
Sweden
Sweden
  • Club ID
barakusabi_zps0631091a.jpg~original

When I first layed eyes on this beauty of a car I was immediately impressed by it's design.
It looks brilliant and futuristic from all angles while at the same time appearing tidy, discrete and not too extreme.

In fact, when I first noticed there were Vision GT cars in GT6 I thought the Kusabi looked better than any/all of them. Yes I'm serious. :)
If you ask me Mazda shouldn't concentrate on developing and releasing their own GT6 Vision concept car
because they already have one. They made it eleven years ago!

To me it looks like the Kusabi has two robot faces, one in the front and one in the rear.

Before GT6 I didn't even knew this car existed. I understand it was already in GT4 and GT5 but that flew under my radar. It's quite tricky and understeer-y to drive the Kusabi on the limit but that's only fun.
I prefer oversteer though.

This thread is an interest check to see how many would like to come to the 2014 layout of Suzuka and race the Kusabi.

I'm a great believer in one-lap qualifying's because you can't afford to make any mistakes and therefore the pre-race qualifying session will only be five minutes long (solo driving).

The only rules before hand will be a PP setting (max. 505), and a ban on Nitro Kit's.

Room settings;

Weather at Race Start - 0
Weather Changeability - 0
Surface Water at Race Start - 0
Boost Off

Penalty Strong
Tyre/Fuel Depletion Very Fast
Grip Reduction on Track Edge Real

Minimum No. of Pit Stops 0 Time(s)
Require Tyre Type Change Off

Visible Damage
On
Mechanical Damage Light
Slipstream Strength Real

PP Limit 505
Max Power Limit No Limit
Minimum Weight No Limit

Tyres Sports: Soft or less
Nitrous Prohibited
Vehicle Tuning No Limit

Skid Recovery Force Prohibited
Active Steering Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM) Prohibited
Driving Line Prohibited
Traction Control Prohibited

ABS
Available

This event will "borrow" a lobby in the Community section through The BMW Z8 Club (1001609).

Leave a message below if you're interested and the time & date can be decided amongst us in the coming days.

NetCarShow.com has some great photos of the Kusabi.

Gran Turismo Wiki page.
"One unique design feature on the Kusabi is the 'twin-lift hatchback' in the rear. Unlike normal hatches that only open upward, the two halves of the twin-lift hatchback can also open out like the wings of a butterfly, allowing easy access and storage."
Check the video at 0:30

barakusabi2_zps43815e42.jpg~original

The Kusabi reminds me a little bit of the Iron Giant. :dopey:

Last edited:
I´m interested 👍

The car looks very good.
I must admit that I have never seen the car, atleast I thought so until I read that you said it was in GT5 and there I bought every car in the game so apparently I owned it but never used it :odd:

I´m interested 👍

The car looks very good.
I must admit that I have never seen the car
Nice looking car, never try it in game
:eek: Have I found a car that neither GOOFY nor Smiley has tried? Never thought that would happen. :)

Here's a better video;

And some other angles;

Mazda-Kusabi_Concept_2003_photo_0b.jpg

Mazda-Kusabi_Concept_2003_photo_0d.jpg

Mazda-Kusabi_Concept_2003_photo_08.jpg

Mazda-Kusabi_Concept_2003_photo_01.jpg

Mazda-Kusabi_Concept_2003_photo_04.jpg

It looks so angry, aggressive and robotic. I just love the design, one of the best I have ever seen and I think I like the rear more than the front.

How about we race next Thursday. One hour before Smiley's Cappuccino races start.

I have updated the race settings in the Community and to post #1 here in the thread and changed some things;

* PP downgraded from 525 to 505.
* Mandatory pit stop removed, though tyre/fuel is now set to 'very fast' so you might need to pit anyway. Optional.

So I just set the start time to 7pm GMT (thread title), sixty minutes before Smiley's Cappuccino races start.
It's been so long since I tried the Kusabi I have completely forgotten how it handles.

Lot's of understeer I seem to recall.
See each other then maybe..

Back