Mazda Miata Knockout Championship - Gauging Interest

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Bman
  • 12 comments
  • 773 views

The Bman

That's just one of my names.
Premium
Messages
5,897
United States
Pittsburgh, PA
Messages
The_Bman24
No, this is not a rip-off of the Flyin' Miata series, but rather a twist on normal championships. Instead of points, this series uses a knockout system. After every race, the last place finisher is eliminated from the championship.

There will be 2 classes - both use the 89' Miata from the premium dealership.

The B Class has all aids enabled, so this could be considered the "Noob Class" of the series. This class is limited to Comfort Hard tires though, which is the main downside of this class.

The A Class is just the opposite. Class A uses no aids except for ABS. However, they use Sports Hard tires as opposed to the Comfort Hard Class B uses.

We will run Class B races at Tsukuba and Class A races at Laguna Seca. Class B races are 20 laps each and Class A races are 15 laps.

I expect clean racing so try not to wreck others or yourself...
 
Last edited:
Sign Up's
______________________________
Class B
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
______________________________
Class A
1. Wardez/Wardez
2. GTP_SOHNVONSTIG/SohnVonStig
3. GfxJG/GfxJG
4. StingrayX/StingrayX
5.
6.
7.
8.

The top 2 from both Classes will race at the Nurburgring Nordschliefe for 1 lap in Class A spec cars... sign up while you can!
 
Last edited:
Awesome idea man. I like different takes on series like this, especially in the Miata so sign me up for A. Thanks
 
Since I have 34 miatas now why the hell not :) Sign me up for group A as well please :)
 
Sign me up for Class A, and with the one from the NCD (Or that doesn't matter?). Also, quick question: Miata = MX-5, right? But I'm probs a different time zone from most of you, so that might be difficult =/
 
Sure I'll join

StingrayX - B Class
 
I was thinking about running these races on Thursdays or Saturdays (Given I will be at my house). Also, does 7 PM Eastern Time sound good?
 
I was thinking about running these races on Thursdays or Saturdays (Given I will be at my house). Also, does 7 PM Eastern Time sound good?

Good on saturdays for me, but a lil early on thursdays :nervous:
 
Actually can you change me to Class A?...I'll run with the big dogs:tup:
 
It's either Saturdays (That I'm home) at 7 PM Eastern or Thursdays at 6 PM Eastern.
 
Back